General Yuzuru Chat

On 5/4/2023 at 11:56 PM, Lilly88 said:

After scene 7 (Beijing Olympics) I had to take a break. :68811363:

From the first three books I already know that his autobiographies are not for the weak heart, but it was difficult to read through the difficulties and hardships he went through that time. :(

I just finished reading Aoi Honoo IV and have to say, it was an emotional roller-coaster :sad-smiley-046::tumblr_m9pdbpGWWe1qid2nw:. Reading Yuzu's description of his challenges, be it injuries, anxiety due to Covid-19, fear of the unknown path after turning pro. And despite the circumstances, he stays true to himself :rolleyes:.

I sincerely hope there will be an official English translation and maybe also an audiobook :music:

This a non-Yuzu moment, but as her late Majesty Queen Elizabeth 2 was the royal patron of the British Ice Skating association, I would like to take the time today to wish all of our

British fanyus a very happy Coronation Day!

On 7/30/2017 at 6:46 AM, axelsandwich said:

Something a little random...but did Yuzu get braces at some point? (invisible ones.....??) Because it felt like he lost his lisp and also his teeth look slightly different from when he was younger. It just occurred to me watching the 2014 video.

Actually if you look at his bottom teeth, there is one missing, so he most probably got braces at some point to align them. A fanyu posted about this on twitter, their sister is a dentist. Here is the link: 

1 hour ago, YuzuJay said:

Nottestellata re-telecast info.

Can’t wait!

4 hours ago, Lilly88 said:

I just finished reading Aoi Honoo IV and have to say, it was an emotional roller-coaster :sad-smiley-046::tumblr_m9pdbpGWWe1qid2nw:. Reading Yuzu's description of his challenges, be it injuries, anxiety due to Covid-19, fear of the unknown path after turning pro. And despite the circumstances, he stays true to himself :rolleyes:.

I sincerely hope there will be an official English translation and maybe also an audiobook :music:

I would love an audiobook with his voice 😍😍

17 hours ago, Pammi said:

and he has cultivated such a beautiful voice for acting (which he definitely didn't have when he played Date Masamune!)

He really did, I would go crazy if he ever did something like a podcast, I love hearing his voice, even if I don’t understand, he sounds very articulated. 

23 hours ago, Wintek said:

Sherry got more than 500 responses in 24 hr. She is now making a report to attach to the thread where she will tag publishers with experience translating Japanese books to English. I would love to have the books with Yuzu's quotes translated, as well as the one published by CCC Media House that compiles Yuzu's amateur years. Getting Aoi Hono translated and having a good response to it would be a HUGE first step.

Yes, Yuzu has great number of fans overseas, even if the translation is only to English, it’s already a big step, and the response will up the chances of other translations.

On 5/3/2023 at 5:08 PM, fuzz_ball_21 said:

Off topic but I wanted to share this CUTE video.  I remember first watching it years ago.

This tango: https://youtu.be/QA_9mvSgU3U

He is so funny and cute, and it’s all so natural, that’s what makes him even more special!