Everything posted by yuzurujenn
-
[2023.10.18] "Towa Quality" Special Discussion: Yuzuru Hanyu × Itsuro Yoshida
2023.11.29 Source: https://www.towayakuhin.co.jp/special/2023/interview04/ Archived: https://web.archive.org/web/20250113112409/https://www.towayakuhin.co.jp/special/2023/interview04/ Info: https://x.com/towa_yakuhin/status/1729681598579179667 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrbnzaaO-ag #04 What I'm thinking, What I want to convey The theme of the fourth episode is about how to "communicate" the feelings and thoughts you want to convey. You can see Hanyu's particular thoughts and feelings about delivering and communicating.
-
[2023.10.18] "Towa Quality" Special Discussion: Yuzuru Hanyu × Itsuro Yoshida
2023.11.15 Source: https://www.towayakuhin.co.jp/special/2023/interview03/ Archived: https://web.archive.org/web/20250113111051/https://www.towayakuhin.co.jp/special/2023/interview03/ Info: https://x.com/towa_yakuhin/status/1724609449757937674 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hbeGNfKQ3M #03 What we value and what we have in common As a figure skater. As the president of a pharmaceutical company. What do they share in common, even though what they deliver to spectators and patients is different? The conversation between Hanyu and President Yoshida gets more and more exciting.
-
[2023.10.18] "Towa Quality" Special Discussion: Yuzuru Hanyu × Itsuro Yoshida
2023.11.01 Source: https://www.towayakuhin.co.jp/special/2023/interview02/ Archived: https://web.archive.org/web/20250113105827/https://www.towayakuhin.co.jp/special/2023/interview02/ Info: https://x.com/towa_yakuhin/status/1719534740636852461 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weH98imHZig #02 Aiming for new heights and taking on new challenges Hanyu continues to take on various challenges as a professional figure skater. In this second installment, he will exchange opinions with President Yoshida about the themes of "basics" and "challenges" from the previous interview.
-
[2023.10.18] "Towa Quality" Special Discussion: Yuzuru Hanyu × Itsuro Yoshida
2023.10.18 Source: https://www.towayakuhin.co.jp/special/2023/interview01/ Archived: https://web.archive.org/web/20250113104537/https://www.towayakuhin.co.jp/special/2023/interview01/ Info: https://x.com/towa_yakuhin/status/1714492132298576022 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWd4M8tW1pI #01 Work on the basics The first theme was "basics." What did Hanyu-san, who had just finished the factory tour, feel about the 'basics' of making medicine?
-
[2023.10.18] "Towa Quality" Special Discussion: Yuzuru Hanyu × Itsuro Yoshida
*Machine translation. Inaccuracies exist* "Towa Quality" Special Discussion Yuzuru Hanyu (Professional figure skater) × Itsuro Yoshida (President and CEO of Towa Pharmaceuticals) In the summer of 2023, professional figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu visited the Towa Pharmaceutical Yamagata Factory. Not only did he learn about the ease of taking the medication, but he also explored the factory's strict 'Towa Quality'—including the quality control and safety of the manufacturing process. Hanyu-san and Towa Pharmaceutical’s CEO, Itsuro Yoshida, who guided the tour, had a conversation. Despite being from different fields, they resonated with each other’s values. Please enjoy this special dialogue.
-
[2023.03] Yuzuru Hanyu Notte Stellata 2023
Articles & interviews relating to notte stellata 2023, held on Mar 10-12th at Sekisui Heim Super Arena, Miyagi. *Machine translation. Inaccuracies exist* 2023.03.29 Source: https://dot.asahi.com/articles/-/2062?page=1 Archived: https://web.archive.org/web/20250113082307/https://dot.asahi.com/articles/-/2062?page=1 Yuzuru Hanyu's "Hope" ice show: "Even if it means sacrificing my own happiness, I will carry everything on my shoulders and move forward" "Yuzuru Hanyu Notte Stellata" was held from March 10th to 12th to mark the 12th anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake. What Hanyu conveyed in his hometown of Miyagi was "hope." Here is an article from the April 3, 2023 issue of AERA.
-
[2022.12.07] KISS&CRY Special Book: Yuzuru Hanyu -THE ONE-
*Machine translation. Inaccuracies exist* Source: KISS&CRY Special Book: Yuzuru Hanyu -THE ONE-, pg 184 Info: https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2799157 https://www.amazon.co.jp/KISS-CRY特別編集-羽生結弦―-ONE―-TOKYO/dp/486701527X/ref=sr_1_6 Special Interview All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd. (ANA) CX Promotion Office, Business Promotion Department, Ms. Maimi Tazawa "Excited about the New World Represented by Hanyu-san" From affiliated Athlete to Partner: Supporting a Fresh Challenge
-
[2024-2025] Compilation of translated interview articles with Yuzu
2025.01.11 Source: The Japan Times Weekend - Sports, pg 14 https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2025/01/11/more-sports/yuzuru-hanyu-interview/ Archived: https://web.archive.org/web/20250111100827/https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2025/01/11/more-sports/yuzuru-hanyu-interview/ YUZURU HANYU’S NEXT CHAPTER The two-time Olympic gold medalist may no longer be skating competitively, but don’t call it a retirement "You have no more than 30 minutes." That's the stern reminder I'm given before being ushered into a room to speak with Japan's "Ice Prince."
-
[2025.01.11] The Japan Times - Yuzuru Hanyu's Next Chapter
*article is in English, keeping this here for archive purpose* 2025.01.11 Source: The Japan Times Weekend - Sports, pg 14 https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2025/01/11/more-sports/yuzuru-hanyu-interview/ Archived: https://web.archive.org/web/20250111100827/https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2025/01/11/more-sports/yuzuru-hanyu-interview/ YUZURU HANYU’S NEXT CHAPTER The two-time Olympic gold medalist may no longer be skating competitively, but don’t call it a retirement (Interviewed on Dec 18, 2024) "You have no more than 30 minutes." That's the stern reminder I'm given before being ushered into a room to speak with Japan's "Ice Prince."
-
Yuzu-themed travel guide!
I did my 'pilgrimage' mostly based on this list, it's pretty comprehensive : https://visitjapan-vegetarian.com/a-guide-to-a-pilgrimage-to-hanyu-yuzurus-hometown-sendai/ There's also a general Fanyu map saved on google : https://www.google.com/maps/@37.462043,131.6364422,6z/data=!4m3!11m2!2srzFKYWmuSg6w57YXDu3QvQ!3e3?entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI1MDEwNy4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D I used Loople Sendai pass and also Sendai Area Pass while I was there to save on transportation costs.
-
[2023.06.26] Toyo Keizai - Yuzuru Hanyu and the "Choco Pie phenomenon"
*Machine translation. Inaccuracies exist* 2023.06.26 Source: https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/679694 Archived: https://web.archive.org/web/20230626021515/https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/679694 The connection between Yuzuru Hanyu and Lotte seen in the "Chocolate Pie phenomenon" The "ideal relationship" continues even after the advertising contract has ended On March 30, 2023, following a comment made by Yuzuru Hanyu at a press conference, the word "Chocolate Pie" became a trending topic on Twitter. Some of the posts included photos of Choco Pie with Hanyu's official merchandise. 2023 marks the 40th anniversary of the release of Choco Pie, and a product renewal was also carried out in March. On the left is an acrylic bottle holder that was given away as a prize with the purchase of "Xylitol Gum" in 2018, when Lotte and Yuzuru Hanyu had an advertising contract (Photo: Editorial Department)
-
[2023.06.24] Toyo Keizai - SOI2023 Yuzuru Hanyu's show has a huge effect on regional development
*Machine translation. Inaccuracies exist* 2023.06.24 Source: https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/679669 Archived: https://web.archive.org/web/20230624010549/https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/679669 Yuzuru Hanyu's show has a huge effect on regional development "Stars on Ice" held in Oshu City is a huge success Yuzuru Hanyu won two consecutive Olympic gold medals in Sochi in 2014 and Pyeongchang in 2018, and attempted a quadruple axel at the 2022 Beijing Olympics. Since announcing his intention to turn professional and retiring from the sport in July 2022, he has further expanded the scope of his activities, and his new challenges continue to revolutionize the conventional wisdom of figure skating. He was the final performer at all performances of the Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2023. The "Stars on Ice Japan Tour" brings Olympic and World Championship medalists and stars of the figure skating world to Japan. This series explores the efforts of the host region and supporting companies behind the scenes of this world's premier ice show.
-
[2024.11.07] Yuzuru Hanyu x Ajinomoto VP Kurihara Hidefumi Interview
*machine translation* 2025.01.08 Source: https://www.nikkansports.com/premium/sports/figure/news/202412220000629.html [Full text released] Final episode of the "Yuzuru Hanyu x Hidefumi Kurihara" dialogue - Behind the scenes of the Beijing Olympic exhibition / Part 2 Yuzuru Hanyu (29), a professional figure skater who has won the men’s gold medal at the Winter Olympics for two consecutive years, spoke with Hidefumi Kurihara (48), team leader of Ajinomoto Co., Inc.’s Victory Project (VP), who has long been his exclusive supporter. A special project looking back at the behind-the-scenes of his attempt at the unprecedented quad axel (four and a half rotation jump = 4A) at the 2022 Beijing Olympics and his journey to becoming the first in the world to receive certification. The full story, including unreleased parts, will be delivered in full over three weeks. The final episode (Part 2) focuses on the "trigger" for their relationship that led to the Beijing Olympic exhibition. The connection between the two was united by those four characters. (Honorifics omitted except for questions.) JP transcript
-
[2022] Prologue Official Books
*machine translation, inaccuracies exist* Source: 2022.11.01 Prologue Official Guidebook Long Interview Yuzuru Hanyu - Prologue (pg 12-20) "A Show That I Could Complete on My Own Was My Dream." (pg 63)
-
(2025.01.03) Yuzuru with KHB mascot Guriri
Info: https://www.khb-tv.co.jp/sp/sportsnochikara2025/ First local broadcast on 2024.12.26 Original X post: https://x.com/khb_guriri/status/1875080987857879506 Machine translation:
-
[2025.01.04] KHB Exclusive Interview - Making Miyagi even hotter with the power of sports!
*machine translation, inaccuracies exist* 2025.01.04 Source: https://www.khb-tv.co.jp/news/15566669 Archived: https://web.archive.org/web/20250104075319/https://www.khb-tv.co.jp/news/15566669 Info: https://www.khb-tv.co.jp/sp/sportsnochikara2025/ KHB Exclusive Interview : Professional figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu turns 30 - his past and future On January 4, 2025, an exclusive interview with professional figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu was aired on KHB Tohoku Broadcasting during the show "Making Miyagi even hotter with the power of sports! Exclusive! Yuzuru Hanyu’s 30th Birthday Resolution." Hanyu spoke about his past and future. The interviewer was Shintaro Ejiri, a former professional baseball player and fellow Sendai native.
-
[2024-2025] Compilation of translated interview articles with Yuzu
2025.01.04 Source: https://www.khb-tv.co.jp/news/15566669 Archived: https://web.archive.org/web/20250104075319/https://www.khb-tv.co.jp/news/15566669 Info: https://www.khb-tv.co.jp/sp/sportsnochikara2025/ KHB Exclusive Interview : Professional figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu turns 30 - his past and future On January 4, 2025, an exclusive interview with professional figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu was aired on KHB Tohoku Broadcasting during the show "Making Miyagi even hotter with the power of sports! Exclusive! Yuzuru Hanyu’s 30th Birthday Resolution." Hanyu spoke about his past and future. The interviewer was Shintaro Ejiri, a former professional baseball player and fellow Sendai native.
- [2025.01.03] Post-show interview: Echoes of Life Hiroshima D1
-
What was your first time watching Yuzu?
Hello fellow mfanyu! PW was also the one that made me crazy Though the first program I watched was Ballade.
- Yuzuru Hanyu ICE STORY 3rd 'Echoes of Life' TOUR - Hiroshima
-
General Yuzuru Chat
There's a thread for Echoes Hiroshima
-
[2022] Prologue Official Books
*machine translation, inaccuracies exist* Source: 2022.11.01 Prologue Official Guidebook The Foundation of Yuzuru Hanyu Skate Boots and Skate Guards (pg 34-35) One essential item for professional skater Yuzuru Hanyu is his skate boots. The relationship between a skater and their skate boots is unique, as they are the only companions on the ice. Hanyu shares his care and connection with his skate boots, as well as the skate guard that he has cherished for so long. Through these items related to skating, Hanyu's thoughts and philosophy about the sport come to light.
-
[2022] Prologue Official Books
*machine translation, inaccuracies exist* Source: 2022.11.01 Prologue Official Guidebook WARM-UP ROUTINE (pg 32-33) Yuzuru Hanyu has showcased countless amazing performances over the years. What makes these performances possible is his daily practice. This time, we focus on his warm-up routine off the ice before he steps onto the rink. Among the various movements and exercises in his warm-up, each with its own meaning and purpose, we highlight four routines. ROUTINE 01 - He designs his own menu and changes it gradually. Hanyu says, "I come up with all the different movements and routines myself." "Of course, I reference concepts and theories I’ve studied or been taught. From there, I combine and remove things to make them more suited to skating and to my own needs. The routine changes depending on my condition and the points to watch out for in my jumps, so the menu itself gradually changes over the course of about two weeks. I’ve been building my own warm-up routine since I was about 14. Looking back, there were probably many things that were unnecessary, but I did it in my own way." He also decides his on-ice practice routine. "I originally wanted to do that kind of practice (like SharePractice), but I couldn't play music frequently unless I was alone, so after I came back from Toronto, I started to do this kind of practice." ROUTINE 02 - Assessing the day's condition and focusing on rhythm and imagery. Before and during warm-up, Hanyu checks his own videos several times. "Basically, I focus on entering the right imagery and confirming my rhythm. The feeling of timing changes depending on the day, so I try to match it to the rhythm of my body when it's at its best." During his isolation exercises where he moves his shoulders intensely while looking at himself in the mirror, he says, "I try to move to the limit of my range of motion. Also, I use this to check my body condition for the day." He also does quick, repetitive movements such as tightening his right arm in a way similar to the take-off motion for jumps, about 10 times in a row. "When I move quickly, my body tends to wobble, so I try to counter that by tightening my body, with the image of activating a switch to ensure I can jump from any position." ROUTINE 03 - Checking the ankle position before putting on the skates. After finishing his off-ice warm-up, he prepares for on-ice practice by putting on his skates. Just before inserting his feet into the boots, Hanyu rotates and twists his ankles. "My ankles are quite unstable, so I reposition them to make sure they're in the right place before putting the skates on." This practice began around the time of the Beijing Olympics. "I used to do this as part of my care routine, but I decided to start doing it right before I put my skates on too." After inserting his feet into the boots, he carefully touches his foot on the top of the skates before tying the laces. "I do this to make sure they fit properly. The fit of the boots and the feet is crucial to prevent injuries." ROUTINE 04 - Touching the ice when entering and leaving the rink. Once everything is ready, he steps onto the ice. The first thing he does is touch the ice. "It's my greeting to the rink. I express the feeling of 'Thank you for allowing me to skate.' And it’s also a way of saying, 'Please be gentle with me, ' so I don’t get hurt. " This is how he begins his ice practice. When he finishes, he always touches the ice again before leaving the rink. This time, it's to say, "Thank you for letting me skate today without injury." Incidentally, after the free skate at the Beijing Olympics, Hanyu placed both hands firmly on the ice as he was leaving the rink. "I had the feeling that the Olympics had come to an end for me and that I wouldn't be skating on that rink again, so I wanted to say, 'Thank you for everything during the Olympics.' It was sad (a way of saying goodbye to the Olympics), but it happened."