Magazines and Photobooks - Recommendations and Reviews

another addition to the great magazines from the end of 2022 is the KISS&CRY Special 羽生結弦 HANYU YUZURU the ONE, a magazine with so many pages filled with yuzu photos, proudly looking back at his amateur skating career with a glimpse of his activities as a pro-athlete, especially the beautiful shots from prologue...and this is just the beginning, yuzu I can't wait to see more

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 5:19 PM, Anni said:

Many thanks @yuhzurifor sharing. :heartpound:

it’s my pleasure, I think there’s no harm in sharing for people who can’t get them or for people deciding which photobook or mag to buy, especially if you have to order internationally^^ 

Totally second this, I got it and it’s glorious!!!
Definitely want to get THE STAGE version as well now…  my wallet is screaming at me lol

On 2/4/2023 at 8:36 AM, yuhzuri said:

another addition to the great magazines from the end of 2022 is the KISS&CRY Special 羽生結弦 HANYU YUZURU the ONE, a magazine with so many pages filled with yuzu photos, proudly looking back at his amateur skating career with a glimpse of his activities as a pro-athlete, especially the beautiful shots from prologue...and this is just the beginning, yuzu I can't wait to see more

I'm going to travel to Japan in October this year.. are magazines and photo books published in 2022/2023 sold out fast and not available later anymore? Since Yuzu going pro it seems like prints were made in huge numbers, and the international shipping to my home is quite a lot >.< Should I wait for this fall to buy in person, or should I buy the recent photo books and magazines now? :unsure2: 

On 3/28/2023 at 10:50 PM, MareikeLike said:

I'm going to travel to Japan in October this year.. are magazines and photo books published in 2022/2023 sold out fast and not available later anymore? Since Yuzu going pro it seems like prints were made in huge numbers, and the international shipping to my home is quite a lot >.< Should I wait for this fall to buy in person, or should I buy the recent photo books and magazines now? :unsure2: 

hi, I’ve finally been in japan this february and I can tell you that they still have so many older photo books and magazines. but it depends where you’re visiting (tokyo or also sendai?) but it you (or also someone else is interested I can post here/ make a thread on twitter about the bookstores with the most yuzu books in tokyo and sendai^^
many pre-order online so the magazines can mostly still be found in the shops. I had so many books pre-orders before I knew I would travel and I regret it bc they were all still available at the book stores, especially in sendai. but I was gladly able to get some missing photobooks in my collection :-)

35 minutes ago, yuhzuri said:

hi, I’ve finally been in japan this february and I can tell you that they still have so many older photo books and magazines. but it depends where you’re visiting (tokyo or also sendai?) but it you (or also someone else is interested I can post here/ make a thread on twitter about the bookstores with the most yuzu books in tokyo and sendai^^
many pre-order online so the magazines can mostly still be found in the shops. I had so many books pre-orders before I knew I would travel and I regret it bc they were all still available at the book stores, especially in sendai. but I was gladly able to get some missing photobooks in my collection :-)

Thank you so so much Yuhzuri! I'm still working on my PowerPoint to persuade my non-fs friends for us to take a trip to Sendai but we'll spend a couple days in Tokyo! I'll buy them all there then :loveeyes: there was a twitter thread on Sendai bookshops somewhere. I didn't find any for Tokyo yet, but it's okay, in any case there is Yurindo in Ebisu :heart:

My new "Always with Yuzu" Diary arrived today :yay:. I am so happy to continue writing in Yuzu diaries. Although I preferred the blue cover over the white one this year, I really like the pics in there. The pictures were all taken from his competition career. I hope, there will be pics from his professional career in the next Edition. 

But anyway, I usually write a typical Yuzu quote for each week, such like "Efforts will lie, but will never be in vain" to keep up the spirit 😊