If It Wasn't for Yuzuru, I'd Never Have....

If It Wasn't for Yuzuru, I'd Never Have....

tenido tanto interés por conocer la cultura japonesa. Antes mi primer país favorito por conocer era China ahora Japón es el país asiático que se ha convertido el primero en la lista. Tenemos un buen embajador de turismo

Spending days reading a blog regarding technical elements and jumps in figure skating XDD 

I never knew figure skating is so technical!! Just found out today that spins actually have rules regarding how many times you spin them / which direction hahaha. I thought they just did it based on music/choreography. 

And it's funny because now when I watch some old performances from Yuzu and they show Brian Orser's reaction I can sometimes see him counting the rotations on the spins HAHAHA. 

On 4/11/2023 at 1:47 AM, CashmereKitty said:

If it wasn’t for Yuzu I would never:

- started learning Japanese 

- ate gyoza and tried to make them myself 

- watched anime’s 

- woke up in the middle of the night to watch him competing

- bought a ticket to a figure skating competition and threw it in a trash bin because Yuzu got injured and skipped the event (twice :smiley-sad021:)

- bought books in Japanese I can’t read

- cried over a figure skating program, actually a lot of them (all skated by Yuzu off course) 

- became so enthusiastic, inspired and obsessed about someone I don’t know

- tried to become a better, kinder person 

- subscribed to a YouTube channel and paid for a membership 

- created an account on a social media 

- felt like my life became enriched 

and probably other things I can’t remember right now….

If it's not because of Yuzu, I wouldn't be here (this fandom) praising you😂 You are certainly a devoted fanyu. Aren't we all feel the same? 😜 I am still trying to figure out a way to join Yuzu's YT channel...🥹

If it weren't for Yuzu, I would never be able to
- Achieve one of my biggest dreams (bought a plane ticket to Japan to watch his ice show.)
- Go to Japan without the ice show ticket.
- not giving up (tried GIFT lottery for 7 times before getting the resale ticket.)
- Make new friends
- Become a better person
- Get out of my depression
- Dare to dream/have goals.

I'm really grateful to have met him. Thank you, Yuzu.

If it wasn't for Yuzuru I had never have to wake up at dawn to watch him competing and, in general, to became again be (as in childhood) very involved in figure skating.

If it wasn't for Yuzuru I would never dare to buy via a unknown me website, a ticket just to enjoy a live broadcast of Gift

On 5/5/2023 at 2:39 PM, LAY said:

If it's not because of Yuzu, I wouldn't be here (this fandom) praising you😂 You are certainly a devoted fanyu. Aren't we all feel the same? 😜 I am still trying to figure out a way to join Yuzu's YT channel...🥹

Praising me? This is embarrassing… I don’t know if I’m a devoted fanyu, I feel like I could do so much more. I see people drawing wonderful arts, making crafts, writing poems. I have no such talents and I’m sorry I can’t let Yuzu know through these ways how much he means to me. I hasn’t been able yet to go to Japan to visit his ice show (getting a ticket is a separate discussion) or even go to Sendai because of the health issues I’m having for some time now. 
I could be more devoted to my Japanese studies. And I should be because there is no excuse for not being to. 
anyways, I’m happy to “have” him in my life and be part of fanyu family! 
Good luck with figuring out how to join YT channel. It can be hard at times to find ways to be closer to Yuzu, but he’s worth it :nod2:

53 minutes ago, CashmereKitty said:

Praising me? This is embarrassing… I don’t know if I’m a devoted fanyu, I feel like I could do so much more. I see people drawing wonderful arts, making crafts, writing poems. I have no such talents and I’m sorry I can’t let Yuzu know through these ways how much he means to me. I hasn’t been able yet to go to Japan to visit his ice show (getting a ticket is a separate discussion) or even go to Sendai because of the health issues I’m having for some time now. 
I could be more devoted to my Japanese studies. And I should be because there is no excuse for not being to. 
anyways, I’m happy to “have” him in my life and be part of fanyu family! 
Good luck with figuring out how to join YT channel. It can be hard at times to find ways to be closer to Yuzu, but he’s worth it :nod2:

You are definitely a more devoted fanyu than me😊

I guess we all show differing degree of devotion towards Yuzu. I am glad that my blood pressure (BP) is back to normal now that Yuzu has turned pro. My BP used to be like rollercoaster when Yuzu was competing. Daily BP monitoring is a must back then....what a havoc time for all fanyus😂 Reading through live messages by fans in this forum while he was competing was always a nerve-racking ordeal!

Remember this:

'Oh nooooo!  Yuzu, why you popped that 4S😱 I hate this snake 4S! I am gonna cry now, I couldn't handle this ...it's just too much😩

Well, it's all over now! We all are happy so as Yuzu 🥳🎉😄

Thanks! I am still trying to contact my brother in- law in Singapore to help me in this matter....just hope I wouldn't get scolded by him😜

1 hour ago, LAY said:

Remember this:

'Oh nooooo!  Yuzu, why you popped that 4S😱 I hate this snake 4S! I am gonna cry now, I couldn't handle this ...it's just too much😩

I became a fanyu during WC 2021, so I am relatively new to the family and the number of competitions I went through together with Yuzu is rather limited. But I totally understand you, I must admit I sleep better and my heart is at a much better place now. So is Yuzu’s! And I’m happy to see him being happy! :smiley-love017: 

38 minutes ago, CashmereKitty said:

I became a fanyu during WC 2021, so I am relatively new to the family and the number of competitions I went through together with Yuzu is rather limited. But I totally understand you, I must admit I sleep better and my heart is at a much better place now. So is Yuzu’s! And I’m happy to see him being happy! :smiley-love017: 

I still have nightmares thinking about GPF 2019 which was held at Torino, Italy. Yuzu popped his 4S at SP and he was all alone at Kiss and Cry...I wanna cry for him. Ghislain got delay because he lost his passport and was not there to comfort Yuzu. Fanyus were all in chaos😩 Don't know what happen to Brian though (kind of long story). Finally, Ghislain showed up next day when Yuzu's was attempting 4A (can't remember how many attempts he did?) during morning practice😱 he was not ready for 4A at that time and many people thought he just wanted to vent out his frustrations (or he wanted to attempt 4A because Olympic figure skating was once held at Torino in 2006...I don't know I could be wrong).We were so worried he's gonna injured himself. His free skate was on his birthday - 7th Dec 2019 when he turned 25. He performed better with  beautiful quad lutz and quad loop and it's his first time in his skating career, he did 5 quads in a single programme. He was so exhausted at the end of his origin 2.0 performance ....Pooh San literally everywhere and the pooh rain scene was so spectacular 🥰 Sadly to say, this was the last time that we saw this magnificent pooh rain🥹