#WeLoveYouYuzu

kaeryth

KAORI KISHITANI - Japanese singer from the band PRINCESS PRINCESS (guest artist 2018 FAOI)

Translated by @Specs. Read more at her GS post

I've seen Hanyu-kun's performances many times on TV but, of course, seeing it live, like one dried leaf dancing in the wind, or a crane unfurling its wings, or an ephemeral sprite, really beautiful!

And the World Champion was a wonderful human as well. How do you raise such a wonderful son? I asked his mother who was next to him, in my heart many times.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest turquoiseblue

Stephen Gogolev, Canadian figure skater

He was a bit shy and reserved, obviously not used to interview situations yet, but his eyes were sparkling when he was speaking about his idol. "It's Yuzuru Hanyu. We skate at the same club, I get to skate with him every day and it's really fun."

Source: September 14, 2018, Stephen Gogolev - remember the name

Aljona Savchenko, German pairs skater

Transcript:

Olympic Channel: Could your fellow Olympic champion, Yuzuru Hanyu, be a successful pairs skater?

Aljona: He can be if he wanted to be. He will be, also, Olympic Champion and legend. This is coming from another planet. Hard worker. He can fall fall fall but when he's done the jump. then he's happy. We have a lot of respect for him. He was injured. He came back stronger. I am so happy he's continued. This is something special. He is special.

Mao Asada, Japanese figure skater

Transcript:

Mao: He really is an amazing athlete.  Even in adverse circumstances he continues to produce results that are far beyond everyone's expectations . He's already made all kinds of history and even after winning two Olympics he spoke in an interview how he will continue to compete and challenge new techniques; so i think he will continue to make the kind of history that will go beyond our expectations.