[Video] Shizuka Arakawa's Friends+ 2017 with guest Takahito Mura (parts w/YH only)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[Video link]

1st bit:

[Mura]

It's only recently that I've come to really feel like there's been a change of guard. The generation starting from Yuzu's--with the rest of us part of the one before theirs--seeing just how differently they move and seeing them jumping 4Ts like they're simply 3Ts, the rest of us can only sit back and wonder if competitions are now going to come down to how many (quads) a skater is able to jump...

2nd bit:

[M]

I've practiced various jumping styles and methods and lately, when practicing with other skaters,  like with Yuzu at shows or at competition practices, I've been able to give some pointers here and there and it's actually pretty interesting sharing what I know with others when it comes to jumps...

3rd bit:

[Narration]

There are three skaters that helped shape Takahito Mura's career as a skater.

[M]

Truth be told, right after Sochi, I had a hard time sorting out my feelings about whether or not I wanted to go on another four years. The reason I finally decided to go for it is due in no small part to Yuzu, who is both someone I started the senior circuit with as well as someone who is a kohai. When I got to talk to him about skating, I just couldn't help but admire his greatness (as a skater). He is so technically adept and is always searching for answers, he'd be carefully studying videos or measuring his movements like how far back to place his arm right down to the centimeter and studying everything down to the fine details...it's hard for a guy to not give a lot of respect to that (level of dedication).

-FIN-

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

[Video link]

1st bit:

[Mura]

It's only recently that I've come to really feel like there's been a change of guard. The generation starting from Yuzu's--with the rest of us part of the one before theirs--seeing just how differently they move and seeing them jumping 4Ts like they're simply 3Ts, the rest of us can only sit back and wonder if competitions are now going to come down to how many (quads) a skater is able to jump...

2nd bit:

[M]

I've practiced various jumping styles and methods and lately, when practicing with other skaters,  like with Yuzu at shows or at competition practices, I've been able to give some pointers here and there and it's actually pretty interesting sharing what I know with others when it comes to jumps...

3rd bit:

[Narration]

There are three skaters that helped shape Takahito Mura's career as a skater.

[M]

Truth be told, right after Sochi, I had a hard time sorting out my feelings about whether or not I wanted to go on another four years. The reason I finally decided to go for it is due in no small part to Yuzu, who is both someone I started the senior circuit with as well as someone who is a kohai. When I got to talk to him about skating, I just couldn't help but admire his greatness (as a skater). He is so technically adept and is always searching for answers, he'd be carefully studying videos or measuring his movements like how far back to place his arm right down to the centimeter and studying everything down to the fine details...it's hard for a guy to not give a lot of respect to that (level of dedication).

-FIN-

:thankyou:

He knows that yuzu puts a detail on his arm movements! 

It's awesome that yuzu's existence inspires someone to stay/continue on the sport! :smiley-love017: I hope Mura get a chance to go to Olympic