2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)

Fay

10 minutes ago, franz said:

Sorry, I know it wasn't your intention, but your comment kind of stabbed me in the heart.

Ah, sorry. It was meant as a " look at what the Japanese ladies have achieved! ",  not " Look at what Yuzu didn't get to do". I think it's  a lot harder to three-peat in the men's discipline, honestly. 

8 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ah, sorry. It was meant as a " look at what the Japanese ladies have achieved! ",  not " Look at what Yuzu didn't get to do". I think it's  a lot harder to three-peat in the men's discipline, honestly. 

Thank you for the clarification. I'm always grateful for your contributions, even if I don't post much myself.

Piper & Paul were enchanting. That's as good as I've ever seen them skate. 

However, I will say this from rinkside: today there was a visible difference in the degree of difficulty of C/B's twizzles, with their coordinated dynamic arm movements, and G/P's twizzles, which did not have those. I know absolutely nothing about ice dance judging other than it's mostly  {{{vibes}}}, but that's one thing that I feel confident a judge would pick up on. 

To sum up: i hated the scores yesterday, but today I thought they were closer to reality. Only a bit, though.

Anyway, Piper & Paul look like they're ectstatic just to be on the podium, so it's all good!

I just realized I'm at 18% battery for my phone and brought the wrong cable for connecting to my power bank, so I won't be able to privide any commentary on the men until after it's over. Everybody, just watch the event, okay! 🙂

26 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I just realized I'm at 18% battery for my phone and brought the wrong cable for connecting to my power bank, so I won't be able to privide any commentary on the men until after it's over. Everybody, just watch the event, okay! 🙂

Setting vpn to south africa works😁. But as I'm quite tired, I will watch most of the mens event tomorrow in the official replay stream.

I watched the last group of the ladies earlier.

Loena looked like she wasn't "there". Of course one will be focused, but that was nearly robotic, her face was like a stature. I feel quite sad for her how her free went, normally she is such a presense on the ice, but yeah.....sadly no medal for her.

Kaori, she certainly gave it her all and I'm happy for her.

Isabeau(?), her program doesn't catch me (she did great with it, just not my thing), but I see where she can go. She is 17, if I remember right, so looking forward to what she will give us in the future.