2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)

Fay

Hu? Strange … for me it is the Canadians first on the media. 
Very proud of them - it must have been a hugh pressure.

Thank you to all of you giving some on sight insights. I have no chance yet to follow on any streaming.

Love to see that the canadian audience is enjoy the competition and that everyone can feel the vibes :clapping-smiley:

16 minutes ago, Simyta said:

Hu? Strange … for me it is the Canadians first on the media. 
Very proud of them - it must have been a hugh pressure.

Ok, looks like if you click on the results page under free skate, it will show only who one the free skate,but not the whole competition (i thought they summed it up there). If you click on results right next to pairs, it shows that the canadian pair won. So, congrats to Canada.

Will certainly remember this, to not get confused in the future😅

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2324/wc2024/CAT003RS.htm

4 hours ago, Faithyu said:

Huh, I have Japan at first place, Canada second?

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2324/wc2024/SEG006.htm

And wow, Ger. at 3rd and 5ths place. It still surprises me.

Riku and Ryuichi came first in the free, but Deanna and Max won overall.

Gosh, I hope Ryuichi is all right. That was very upsetting to not see them on the podium

3 hours ago, Simyta said:

Love to see that the canadian audience is enjoy the competition and that everyone can feel the vibes 

Yeah, it's  a really fun atmosphere! We're all enjoying it.

They had Patrick and Nam using the T-shirt cannon yesterday to toss T-shirts into the crowd, and Keegan was there to parade that giant flag around on the ice! I missed it because I was out getting dinner but apparently it was a big hit.

I know I was grumbling about the price - which was $$$$ - but so far I feel like I've gotten my money's worth

15 hours ago, Faithyu said:

Damn.....everything else was great. I think he rushed the combo jump? And the fall looked like it hurt quite a bit....

Yeah, he fell from a height

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Riku and Ryuichi came first in the free, but Deanna and Max won overall.

Just watched the final group in replay. So much respect for Deanna, what a figure skating story. Rumor has it she was close to a panic attack before skating, didn't want to go on the ice cause the pressure was to much and then she did this!

Regarding the program: It's not my favorite, but the one from Riku and Ryuichi isn't as well🤷🏼‍♀️.

But I just noticed that the japanese pair is one of the few where I watch him more. Normally its the woman that shines and catches the eye. With these two, it's him.

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Gosh, I hope Ryuichi is all right. That was very upsetting to not see them on the podium

He is alright. Collapsed in the backstage area with a caughing fit, got an infusion and some medical treatment and got back on his feet after a short time. Must have been really scary though. But most important that he is ok.

1 hour ago, Faithyu said:

Must have been really scary though

What I read was that they had to give him oxygen. And yes, very scary!..

Anyway, I'm in my seat and ready for the 4th geoup of ice dance. Tim and Misato coming up in this group.

Had a great morning strolling around Montreal. One of the nice things about the Bell Centre is it's right in the heart of downtown Montreal. So I had breakfast in a lovely little Syrian cafe, then enjoyed the sunshine and the cold wind off the river while I stretched my legs and reacquainted myself with the city

My phone battery died! Had to race back to the hotel for my power bank. Anyway, here's some thoughts on the last group of rhythm dance:

1. Except for Laurence catching an edge coming out of her twizzles, all the pairs were letter-perfect, with no discernible dufference in difficulty levels that I could see.

2  Considering how much controversy there's been online regarding the allegations against Nikolaj, the crowd was remarkably polite... no protest signs or anything untoward. Of course most of the people there wouldn't have heard of the controversy. Anyway. 

3. Fabbri & Guignard are spectacular in person. This program really highlights that - the colour of their costumes just pop, you simply can't look away, and they're SO good. And *she* is utterly statuesque!

4. Chock & Bates: they were excellent,  but I'm not a total fan of this program. Not really sure why the judges thought they were 3 points better than F&G.

5. Piper & Paul: lovely, flowing where they need to be flowing, sharp on the beat where they need to be sharp on the beat. Love her costume: it looks way better in person than on TV. I don't understand the score they got. 

6. Lilah & Lewis: So sparkly! Loved, loved, loved this program. Had to run before I saw their scores. 

I wouldn't want to be the judges trying to decide between these 4. 

Back for women's! 

Maddie: lovely skate from her, finushing up with a 2A *right* in front of the judges in the last 10 seconds of the program. Nice! 112 and change.