[News] [Compilation] Statement of Determination (Turning Professional)

sallycinnamon

On 7/22/2022 at 9:46 PM, birnasan said:

I haven‘t read much here in the last few days and don‘t know what was already shared.

In case there is not yet a full translation of the press conference, here is my full deepL translation. It is only a rough translation, because the text is really long, I am emotionally exhausted and I know that we will get a perfect AWW translation as soon as they have recovered.

Please be aware that it is an automatic translation and don‘t trust every word or sentence.

! Do not repost outside of Planethanyu ! 

Reveal hidden contents

Text source: https://globe.asahi.com/article/14673858

On 7/23/2022 at 4:50 AM, isabelfm said:

guys have you seen this???

My heart is literally breaking, we all knew how unfairly he's been treated for the past quad but seeing him be so brutally honest right now is weirdly something that i wasn't expecting, i always assumed that he would remain somewhat quiet about it all even after he 'retired'. There must have been so much going on behind the scenes that we have no idea about, because yuzuru doesn't just say things, he is very meticulous with his words. The fact that he is describing himself as a puppet is so telling of how rotten the jsf/isu are. jesus.

On 7/23/2022 at 6:10 AM, JanMary said:

Forecast of today's TV Asahi

https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20220723-2406496/

18:56~ JPN local time

Japanese

Reveal hidden contents

DeepL translation of selected paragraphs:

In the studio, Shuzo Matsuoka, Shizuka Arakawa, Nobunari Oda, and Shigeo Takahashi (Savannah), who know Hanyu well, will join the program, which can only be realized by TV Asahi, which has been following Hanyu for over 10 years and has a vast amount of footage of him. The program will also feature "verification" and "character study" of Hanyu's "never-ending challenges" in his athletic career. The program will also take an in-depth look at his philosophy behind his way of life, his essence as an athlete and expressive person, and his thoughts on his quadruple axel, which he put everything on the line to challenge.

At the beginning of the program, he confides about his decision, "I have not been able to talk to Mr. Oda and other people close to me, so I felt really sorry for everyone," he says, "Now I am filled with feelings of 'Thank you' to everyone. I will start from there! Hanyu revealed his feelings toward his new start. In the program, whenever a rare video of his performances or interviews from the past is shown, Hanyu himself gives a live report on his feelings and secret episodes from that time. Hanyu will talk in detail about facts known only to himself, such as the ultimate program "Parisian Walkway" shown at the Sochi Olympics, the free skating performance he forced himself to do despite being seriously injured in a collision during official practice, the world's best program "SEIMEI," and how he felt during various phases of the program, etc.

In addition, Hanyu introduced a series of photos of his quadruple axel jump at the Beijing Olympics, which he says "is the best axel jump in my life," on a large panel. Hanyu himself will analyze the reason why he fell on the landing and explain it in an easy-to-understand manner, while also demonstrating. How will Hanyu analyze his jumps?

In addition, we will also delve deeper into Hanyu's true personality, which is not well known. When we asked for questions and messages on the program, we received more than 25,000 messages of encouragement. What do you want in Doraemon's secret tools? What was your most nerve-wracking competition? What is your favorite Sendai dialect? Hanyu himself answered questions from fans around the world. Hanyu also made a surprising statement, "I am a person whose motivation just goes down," and "Now, in a way, I feel like I am having an affair. TV Asahi's camera also caught Hanyu in action, and we asked him about it. The reason for touching Pooh before his performance, the true meaning of his behavior of suddenly stopping and putting his hands together during practice, and the intention of his pose of touching the ground after his free skate performance at the Pyeongchang Olympics are revealed. In addition, Javier Fernandez will also appear on the VTR to reveal the reason for Hanyu's tears at the PyeongChang Olympics awards ceremony.

Matsuoka, who has interviewed Hanyu more than 30 times and exchanged private letters with him, has built a strong bond with Hanyu, which is why you can only hear what he has to say here. He also included a message to Hanyu from his greatest rival, Patrick Chan.

At the end of the program, he said, "I was able to look back on my life with a lot of memories and feelings, and I thought about many things. I think I was able to make a new determination to 'move forward from now on!" Hanyu's eyes lit up as he said. Hanyu will also be presenting a "stroke of determination for the future.

• sallycinnamon changed the title to [News] Compilation] Statement of Determination (Turning Professional)
  • yuzuangel changed the title to [News] [Compilation] Statement of Determination (Turning Professional)
  • sallycinnamon pinned this topic
  • sallycinnamon locked this topic