General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, kaerb said:

I was STRESSED FOR HER as he was talking hahaha. 

lol this reminds me of an event at uni where they gathered a bunch of us who were good at english to assist on the event because the organizers and the speaker didn't speak spanish. During the final event, the interpreter didn't arrive on time and the boss of the people organizing the event picked me to interpret while they waited for the official person. To a full theatre of considerable size. I even had to speak swedish :rofl:and i was so concentrated on translating that i didn't have time to feel nervous but i had to sit down on a corner away from everyone after the interpreter arrived :rofl:

I love using different languages but no, being an interpreter is incredibly stressing lmao

4 分ぐらい, MrPudding said:

How expensive is it if it's a high class drink :rofl:Does athletes usually take this or is it only Yuzu?

I suppose another top-class figure skaters may be drinking it, who can endure its hideous taste!!

6 分ぐらい, kamotejojo said:

The Fountain of Youth perhaps?:giggle: It's very effective! :kitty:

Hmmmmmmm.    I have no idea what you are trying to convey... (shrugs)

2 分ぐらい, Hydroblade said:

I love using different languages but no, being an interpreter is incredibly stressing lmao

Completely agreed!!

And thank you so much for sharing a valuable experience!!  Instant Swedish interpreter!!  Shiver.

7 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Honestly, I'm baffled about why Disney doesn't sponsor him (assuming that's why he can't bring Pooh?). He's single-handedly keeping the Pooh plush toy industry alive :dpooh:

Pooh was forbidden due to Olympic brand/trademark rules.

Honestly, if I was part of Disney marketing I wouldn't sponsor him eitther because he already gives them free advertising (and lots of sales) :10814716:

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

lol this reminds me of an event at uni where they gathered a bunch of us who were good at english to assist on the event because the organizers and the speaker didn't speak spanish. During the final event, the interpreter didn't arrive on time and the boss of the people organizing the event picked me to interpret while they waited for the official person. To a full theatre of considerable size. I even had to speak swedish :rofl:and i was so concentrated on translating that i didn't have time to feel nervous but i had to sit down on a corner away from everyone after the interpreter arrived :rofl:

Oh wow, Swedish and Spanish? Where do you live and what languages do you speak? That seems like such a rare combination :laughing:

2 minutes ago, sister555 said:

Lol.  ( ´∀`)人(´∀` )ナカーマ♪ (comrad)

Hmm.  Another great analysis.  Perhaps Nathan's speed is running way too fast in his brain!!!

Decisive and nervous at the same time - What a teenage dream!!  (In Japanese slang, we call it 中二病 (chu-ni byo, 14-old disease)).

No, I'm not telling Nathan is suffering 中二病, at least he is seventeen!!!!!

Haha pray for the poor interpreter. I guess because it's sports, at least the conversation topics tend to be similar. Ah, I've learned something new! (中二病) I think Nathan has a very strong competitive personality and instinct for dominance - he definitely fits more into the 'Yuzu' model than the 'Shoma' model (I'd put Boyang in the Shoma model lol). It will be interesting to see how he develops ( :

On 6/20/2017 at 6:17 AM, kaerb said:

I was STRESSED FOR HER as he was talking hahaha.

On 6/20/2017 at 6:23 AM, sister555 said:

Lol.  ( ´∀`)人(´∀` )ナカーマ♪ (comrad)

On 6/20/2017 at 6:23 AM, Hydroblade said:

Remember when Yuzu talked for 6 mins during the NHK Trophy 2015 press conference? :headdesk:

Imagine if you guys were tasked to interpret that. :rofl:(He apologised to the interpreter at the end of the vid... )

Just now, kaeryth said:

Pooh was forbidden due to Olympic brand/trademark rules.

Honestly, if I was part of Disney marketing I wouldn't sponsor him eitther because he already gives them free advertising (and lots of sales) :10814716:

You wouldn't sponsor him? I can understand why they didn't in Sochi since he was relatively unknown then but now... speaking as someone working a little in the marketing field, he'd be a great brand ambassador and it's not like Disney couldn't afford it (although figure skating is still relatively small as a sport in the Western world, I guess??). 

I'm sure a Yuzu-themed Pooh (or skating themed Pooh merchandise) for the Winter Olympics would sell like hotcakes and Japan loves their ~themed special edition~ stuff so I'm genuinely surprised they haven't explored this (maybe Yuzu is going for a more mature image lol). Then again...FujiTV didn't broadcast Niigata so I don't pretend I understand how JP advertisers work or why they keep rejecting money ;; :dpooh: 

Just now, sister555 said:

Completely agreed!!

And thank you so much for sharing a valuable experience!!  Instant Swedish interpreter!!  Shiver.

I was lucky that the person decided to randomly use a swedish word and a sentence ("thank you") that i had studied years before. I had casually mentioned the guy that i was studying danish and swedish, so idk if that had anything to do with him picking me :rofl:it was something completely unrelated to what he was saying, so it was very unexpected that i had to talk and translate swedish too, even if it was a short sentence :slinkaway:The guy literally came to me with the microphone and said "you're going to translate for me"

Never again lol.

2 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Oh wow, Swedish and Spanish? Where do you live and what languages do you speak? That seems like such a rare combination :laughing:

Haha pray for the poor interpreter. I guess because it's sports, at least the conversation topics tend to be similar. Ah, I've learned something new! (中二病) I think Nathan has a very strong competitive personality and instinct for dominance - he definitely fits more into the 'Yuzu' model than the 'Shoma' model (I'd put Boyang in the Shoma model lol). It will be interesting to see how he develops ( :

I'm mexican, but eh, i am a language hoarding dragon :embSwan:

(Piggybacking on this, i like how Spidey talks too haha, i always feel so calm hearing him speak)

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Remember when Yuzu talked for 6 mins during the NHK Trophy 2015 press conference? :headdesk:

Imagine if you guys were tasked to interpret that. :rofl:(He apologised to the interpreter at the end of the vid... :tumblr_inline_mg15qnUpxW1qdlkyg:)

No, impossible. Leaving aside tha fact that i've said i don't feel like i can do justice to his words, i would probably be too busy listening to him lol and then i would be "oh shit, that's true, i had to translate" :rofl:

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm mexican, but eh, i am a language hoarding dragon :embSwan:

(Piggybacking on this, i like how Spidey talks too haha, i always feel so calm hearing him speak)

Wow, so talented! My wannabe-Polyglot-ness bows down to you! LOL I love Boyang. He has such a classic 北方 accent (Northern Chinese accent) so he sounds like some 'uncles' that I know as family friends because he rolls his 'r's. Doesn't help that he has SUCH a Chinese Dad(TM) face like. I completely expect his face to not change from now until he's about 60yrs old :xD:

2 分ぐらい, kaerb said:

I'm sure a Yuzu-themed Pooh (or skating themed Pooh merchandise) for the Winter Olympics would sell like hotcakes and Japan loves their ~themed special edition~ stuff so I'm genuinely surprised they haven't explored this 

Most probably the decision is up to Disney Head Office in U.S. not Japan Disney.

But it's a quite good idea Disney sponsoring the Olympics!!

3 minutes ago, kaerb said:

You wouldn't sponsor him? I can understand why they didn't in Sochi since he was relatively unknown then but now... speaking as someone working a little in the marketing field, he'd be a great brand ambassador and it's not like Disney couldn't afford it (although figure skating is still relatively small as a sport in the Western world, I guess??). 

I'm sure a Yuzu-themed Pooh (or skating themed Pooh merchandise) for the Winter Olympics would sell like hotcakes and Japan loves their ~themed special edition~ stuff so I'm genuinely surprised they haven't explored this (maybe Yuzu is going for a more mature image lol). Then again...FujiTV didn't broadcast Niigata so I don't pretend I understand how JP advertisers work or why they keep rejecting money ;; :dpooh: 

Hahaha... I meant that as a joke (I have no idea what goes on in the marketing world). My thinking is that he already has fans buying pooh merchandise as gifts / souvenirs without Disney paying him for being a brand ambassador (is that what it's called?) so why not continue getting free advertising from him? hehehe :devil3:

Seriously though, he has amazing advertising powers in Japan... when I hear/read of things with him as a spokesperson or an advert being sold out... :13877886:

Just now, kaerb said:

Chinese Dad(TM) face

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hm, to be fair i have dabbled in many languages but there are just a few where i can say that, for example, allow me to pick up things on songs, text or on the tv. One of my dreams is to be a competent polyglot :P i want at least 5 languages haha

i may or may not have started some conlang personal projects :slinkaway: i might have a problem :space: