General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, YuzuJay said:

more live telecast 

3 hours ago, LiaRy said:

I'm so annoyed by the gatekeeping that's happening this year. I don't have any expectations for Kobe & Niigata since they are notorious for gatekeeping (Kobe more than Niigata), but I really really hoped Miyagi would pull through, especially since they are already holding live viewing nation-wide for the 3rd day.

I'm not giving up hope yet, but I know broadcasts are announced about 1 month before they happen.With FaOI Miyagi being in about 2 weeks... live broadcast on the 3rd day doesn't seem likely to happen.

I hope there will be re-broadcasts of most stops like they did last year. I'm sure they earned a lot from the FaOI broadcasts then, I can't wrap my head around why they are gatekeeping so hard since they know FaOI is Basically a guaranteed money-maker.

Lol, Kobe exceeded my expectations 🤣

In this article, Ghislain mentioned Yuzu a few times.

"Jumping is great, you need to jump, but you need everything. If you don’t have good spins and you miss a jump, you have nothing to hold on. When I worked with Yuzuru Hanyu, Hanyu was good in everything. He had great spins, great skating skills, great turns, great footwork, great jumps. Beautiful skater, beautiful body! So if you have all this, the package, you can afford to miss something and still be great. But if you don’t have everything, and you miss something, you’re stuck."

"When I worked with Yuzuru, the problem with his ankle really diminished a lot of stuff. Before the Pyeongchang Olympics, it was devastating and it was hard to recover from that injury because you need to stay up. If you need to stay up, sometimes you don’t take the time to heal your injury."

"I have to make them understand the mechanics of the jump, but make them understand that if they do that, they're gonna be successful. I show them videos mostly with Yuzuru because I have all the jumps with Yuzuru. I show them that body alignment is the secret."

25 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

Wait, what? :jaw:

Haha honestly, I'm quite skeptical, but no harm hoping, I guess. :biggrin:

Interesting that KOSEMY is so supportive- they did an exhibition/press launch last month using Yuzu and then partnered with ISAM's national FS championship with his face plastered everywhere at the venue. And now they even brought in the photobooks promo too, I think they are the first in South East Asia to have this. With such aggressive plans, it makes me feel anything is possible now. :D 

2 hours ago, YuzuJay said:

Indeed, in the GIFT booklet there is a two-page photo spread of the step by step set up of the rink and stage along with many other super interesting behind-the-scenes photos. They must have done something special to the ice to keep it in peak condition for many hours, what an incredible feat 👏

1 hour ago, MareikeLike said:

Indeed, in the GIFT booklet there is a two-page photo spread of the step by step set up of the rink and stage along with many other super interesting behind-the-scenes photos. They must have done something special to the ice to keep it in peak condition for many hours, what an incredible feat 👏

:iagree:Concur. The dedication of the staff who made Gift work very well, all to ensure that the show ran smoothly and safely for Yuzu. Truly inspirational and they have the enormous gratitude from Fanyus because their work was invaluable to the success of Gift, made the show spectacular and their commitment to caring for the ice and venue conditions  for Yuzu so that he could put on this stupendous performance. Every element of Gift was wonderful.

Every staff member was credited in the booklet for their work and contribution to Gift. :loveshower: