General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

He's practiced *loads* of programs today.

Now I'm paranoid it's his grand finale/goodbye or something 😅😫

EDIT: he also said his ankle is still "not good" but he's enjoying himself.

Yes, somewhere in a corner of my brain, there is this unsettling feeling that he is trying to say goodbye. 

I thought I was ready for him to exit but I guess not. 

Hope he was really just having fun and while skating those wonderful programs, realised he is still very much in love of skating and wants to continue (at least till I get to see him in comp again please! It's been 2 years!!! Darn covid)

25 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Maybe I'm overthinking but why does this sound like farewell? 

I think in a sense it's a farewell to Beijing and the time and effort there...it could be an allusion to maybe spending a year or 2 more in skating, but maybe not. I dont even think he knows, so I read it as more a farewell to this Olympics and just wanting to give a nod to his journey to this point-which encompasses all the old programs.

1 minute ago, yumeaki said:

Yes, somewhere in a corner of my brain, there is this unsettling feeling that he is trying to say goodbye. 

I thought I was ready for him to exit but I guess not. 

Hope he was really just having fun and while skating those wonderful programs, realised he is still very much in love of skating and wants to continue (at least till I get to see him in comp again please! It's been 2 years!!! Darn covid)

You got to see him?! Lucky! I always wanted to go...but a goodbye from comps opens up ice shows in the future maybe. Whatever he decides, he loves the sport and ice too much to be gone forever.

if we in the guesswork field, then it could be farewell, or it could be getting closure for all things that bug him, starting with the best attempt of 4a (as Yuzuru stated on the press con), ending with skating clean POTO, with all this chaos in between. and after that - fresh start

(i'm trying my hardest not to fall in doom-and-gloom mood)

I suppose since - as far as we know - he isn't sure what the future holds he wants to do a nice exhibition gala "just in case". He doesn't know what he's going to do next, or how long it will take for his ankle to fully heal, and maybe he just wants to make sure if it ends up being his last "competitive" gala he wants to end it nicely.

Wishful thinking..!

Just now, kay said:

if we in the guesswork field, then it could be farewell, or it could be getting closure for all things that bug him, starting with the best attempt of 4a (as Yuzuru stated on the press con), ending with skating clean POTO, with all this chaos in between. and after that - fresh start

(i'm trying my hardest not to fall in doom-and-gloom mood)

Let's not succumb to doom and gloom. Even IF he did, on the positive side: no more ISU/JSFU stress. No more giving them money. We could watch this sport self implode....and honestly, Yuzuru loves this sport too much to be gone forever. Goodbye doesnt mean the end. It means the start of something new.

1 minute ago, Kat said:

Let's not succumb to doom and gloom. Even IF he did, on the positive side: no more ISU/JSFU stress. No more giving them money. We could watch this sport self implode....and honestly, Yuzuru loves this sport too much to be gone forever. Goodbye doesnt mean the end. It means the start of something new.

you're right. as long as our light and sunshine is happy and healthy

2 minutes ago, Kat said:

You're right. After all we did all say we are happy whatever he does so long as he is happy.

If he is slowly prepping for retirement AND he is satisfied with the idea we should be happy too :)

Guest Mary_kyo

On one hand, I will be happy if he gets out of this clownery show and skates for his fans with no stress. But on the other hand, he is just peaking and getting better and better. Even if 4A had a huge toll on his body, it improved all his jumps too. He can definitely stay at top till his early 30s. I’m so conflicted, especially because I don’t want his goodbye after an unfortunate competition such as Beijing. I'm selfish, I know.

But I feel he has been thinking about retirement for a long time, especially since the end of 2019 and after ISU lowballed him to the max in GPF19. Now, it feels 4A can no longer be a motivation for him either, he seems unsure about pursuing it. So honestly, I can’t see him working on new programs for new season and compete with *checks note* Yuma, Ilia, Shoma, etc while he is constantly shown the exit door by almost every official/ex-skater. His retirement will be the biggest loss for this dead sport. :crybaby:

Edit: I just wish his retirement will be after a massive pooh rain. He deserves to have that final moment.

25 minutes ago, Kat said:

You got to see him?! Lucky! I always wanted to go...but a goodbye from comps opens up ice shows in the future maybe. Whatever he decides, he loves the sport and ice too much to be gone forever.

Not as many times as some satellites but I went for a few comps and ice shows since it's a good excuse to go travel. Funny thing is with COVID, I don't miss travelling (I used to travel many times a year) but I missed seeing his comp live. 

My only issue with ice shows is if they are all held in Japan only, it will be very hard to get tickets. World tour when? 

Anyway I also doubt he has a clear idea of what he wants to do yet after Oly. May he just enjoy his pre-gala practice. I"m glad we still get to see some pics and videos of him after Men's comp. Thot he will just go back to ninja mode until gala time.

I'm guessing no ice shows in Japan for Yuzu this year because of omicron? Then we will get like a 7 month hiatus until ACI. I do think he will compete next season because he might feel kuyashii for losing the biggest event of the season.. and for other reasons. If next season is his last season, what a pity because next season will probably be no spectators again due to corona. 

21 minutes ago, Harutolama said:

I'm guessing no ice shows in Japan for Yuzu this year because of omicron? Then we will get like a 7 month hiatus until ACI. I do think he will compete next season because he might feel kuyashii for losing the biggest event of the season.. and for other reasons. If next season is his last season, what a pity because next season will probably be no spectators again due to corona. 

Well there are still several months until summer... and last year there was DOI :-). I think when at least little possible Japanase will have some show :-).