What was your first time watching Yuzu?

During the Beijing Olympics.  I was already interested in Japanese media/language, and just starting to get back into figure skating so when I saw on social media that everyone was excited about a certain Japanese figure skater I had to go find out what the big deal was.  So my first experience watching Yuzuru was during that roller coaster of a competition, and as a result, fell in love with his performances and his character.  Since then I've gone through the backlog of his competitive years and also enjoying everything he's done since. 

Worlds 2017 h&l!!!! I stumbled upon it on youtube in 2018 and fell in love. I've always been a fan of Joe Hisaishi's music, and the way he skated to it... I was entranced :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow: Since I was a kid, I always watched figure skating whenever it popped up on tv. But watching this skate really made me want to know more!! It was this exact video that pulled me in... :8788161: 

hi! I love Yuzuru so much! I first saw his PW Olys short in 2017, shortly after watching Yuri On Ice lol (feel free to judge me). It was like watching beautiful animation in real life, his movement mesmerized me and I was pretty much a goner ever since

• 2 weeks later...

My first time watching Yuzu must have been years ago.. but I didn't really pay attention. Now with Beijing there was much talk about figure skating around me. Several (5+) years ago my 55+ mother started to skate, She and her training mates got me curious. I hade opportunity to watch the Gala, and HyK, and I fell in love with Yuzus skating! Then I watch everything that I could get my hands on. 

I have to thank the Beijing doping scandal for my discovery of Yuzuru Hanyu. I generally don't watch winter Olympics or any winter sport. One day I was browsing Facebook when I accidentally came across the FS doping news. Later Youtube algorithm recommended the Beijing FS gala. Curiosity led me to click on the video. The moment I saw Haru Yo Koi, it was love at first sight.

4 hours ago, HaileyVo said:

I have to thank the Beijing doping scandal for my discovery of Yuzuru Hanyu. I generally don't watch winter Olympics or any winter sport. One day I was browsing Facebook when I accidentally came across the FS doping news. Later Youtube algorithm recommended the Beijing FS gala. Curiosity led me to click on the video. The moment I saw Haru Yo Koi, it was love at first sight.

Haru Yo Koi during world gala 2019 is also nice!Nice camerawork😊

Bejing Olympics. I remember seeing the whole event with my dad, all of the fields, and while I was impressed by the jumps and whatnot, the only skater that captivated me was Yuzu. Been a fan ever since. 

The first time I REALLY watched Yuzu was Worlds 21 in Stockholm and I was already bewitched, then I went on YT and stumbled upon PYC Chopin (of which I had already seen snippets during 2018 since at that time I was watching the ladies for Carolina)... It took me less than 24hrs to watch every program :tumblr_inline_mzx8txTRzl1r8msi5:

Actually, I have to thank YT for their weird algorhythm. In June 2021, I was bored and watched a lot of makeup videos, which led me to a video with Mirai Nagasu. The next video recommended to me was Oly Seimei. Immediately fell into the swamp, researched and read and watched everything I could about him, and have been inside Yuzu swamp ever since.

I have no regrets.