Yuri! On Ice Discussion thread

Hydroblade

1 minute ago, yuzupon said:

Looking closely at the poster, Vitya has a long hair there already.

I don't think I'll survive, tbh. Hahaha!

Oh hell, I didn't even notice. Well, that's done it :13877886:

We can do a mass grave!

4 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

And arrange the funeral cost to be sent to YOI team, honestly.

Seriously.

And they can play new YOI music for us too at it, because I can just imagine what they'll come up with. Honestly, the original music was such a huge draw to the show for me. So good. 

(and did I dream it or was there a mention that Viktor once skated to the Lilac Fairy as a young skater?)

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Seriously.

And they can play new YOI music for us too at it, because I can just imagine what they'll come up with. Honestly, the original music was such a huge draw to the show for me. So good. 

(and did I dream it or was there a mention that Viktor once skated to the Lilac Fairy as a young skater?)

The music is brilliant, the concert was amazing!

Yes, I think the Eros costume was originally for Lilac Fairy.

Just now, yuzupon said:

You should see my grin now. Ahhh knock on wood, knock on wood, this may be quite lovely for us. 

(thank you!)

5 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

I honestly want to know Viktor's thought process 

The Eros costume was inspired by bondage and 17yo Viktor skated it to Lilac Fairy 😂😂😂 

4 minutes ago, illogicalskittles said:

I honestly want to know Viktor's thought process 

The Eros costume was inspired by bondage and 17yo Viktor skated it to Lilac Fairy 😂😂😂 

Yeah, it was a bit puzzling for me too.

As much as I complain about the fandom, there are some fantastic things born out of it, tho. So, here's some sort of explanation.

6 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Yeah, it was a bit puzzling for me too.

As much as I complain about the fandom, there are some fantastic things born out of it, tho. So, here's some sort of explanation.

Interesting. Also why does this not have more notes?! 

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Tbh I spent most of this anime wishing to know just that. 

I adore him so. 

I could literally sit there and watch a movie about him talking about a collection of designer ties and be enthralled by him. 

Also I think Ice Adolescence will destroy me as a human since we know that he has a lonely af backstory (not tragic but probably has a lot of inner struggles). 

On one hand I know that I'll appreciate the character development but on the other hand I'm like NO DONT DO THIS TO HIM PLEASE GIVE VIKTOR A HUG

8 minutes ago, illogicalskittles said:

I could literally sit there and watch a movie about him talking about a collection of designer ties and be enthralled by him. 

Also I think Ice Adolescence will destroy me as a human since we know that he has a lonely af backstory (not tragic but probably has a lot of inner struggles). 

On one hand I know that I'll appreciate the character development but on the other hand I'm like NO DONT DO THIS TO HIM PLEASE GIVE VIKTOR A HUG

Pretty much! Vitenka being extra is something I live for. Tbh I can see him being the kind to find a bug in his giant closet full of designer clothes and then going full drama about burning it all :68468287:

Yes, I think it'll probably be some sort of juxtaposition of increasing success and increasing loneliness, perhaps lost friends or something, or potentially family issues to also contrast Yuuri's warm family situation. Yura already has a bit of that so we'll see. It won't be pretty all right, RIP all of us.

Also RIP us considering that we'll have to wait even longer to see it, not counting spoilers of course, considering how long it takes to get the BR out. Sigh.

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Pretty much! Vitenka being extra is something I live for. Tbh I can see him being the kind to find a bug in his giant closet full of designer clothes and then going full drama about burning it all :68468287:

Yes, I think it'll probably be some sort of juxtaposition of increasing success and increasing loneliness, perhaps lost friends or something, or potentially family issues to also contrast Yuuri's warm family situation. Yura already has a bit of that so we'll see. It won't be pretty all right, RIP all us.

Also RIP us considering that we'll have to wait even longer to see it, not counting spoilers of course, considering how long it takes to get the BR out. Sigh.

Oh my god in the concert earlier apparently he said that he was going to find and burn all recordings and photos of the concert 😂 that's such a Viktor thing to say

I really hope this film is slated for international release since it'll only be a short wait after it's official release in Japan 🙏🏻 then it'll just be a matter of avoiding the JP fandom and tumblr like the plague until I see it. 

8 minutes ago, illogicalskittles said:

I really hope this film is slated for international release since it'll only be a short wait after it's official release in Japan 🙏🏻 then it'll just be a matter of avoiding the JP fandom and tumblr like the plague until I see it. 

Fingers crossed!
Though I'll gorge on spoilers, no way am I going to wait! Ha! I'm too old for that. Give me all the goodness. No worries though, spoiler tags are a must.

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Fingers crossed!
Though I'll gorge on spoilers, no way am I going to wait! Ha! I'm too old for that. Give me all the goodness. No worries though, spoiler tags are a must.

😂😂 Tbh if this film releases while I'm in Japan I'm sure as hell going to watch it anyway with my basic af conversational Japanese and somewhat fluent Chinese to read the subtitles. English subs be damned.