Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hydroblade

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hydroblade

  1. Btw i want to clarify something: This isn't a "site" project because i'm the only one doing and mantaining it. I had help from various people to translate the instructions but other than that it's pretty much done by me. So don't blame the site if those messages pop up lol, i can't keep up with the huge amount of messages (there were 2165 last time i checked) to check every single one for inappropriate content. I did use the site's twitter account to promote it because the original idea of the project was from one of our members so what i'm saying is that the project was "born" here. And because everyone can join, it's hardly something from Planet Hanyu think of it as a general fan project
  2. Hm, i've seen some overlap with Yuzu fans and kpop fans so i'm not surprised that sometimes the fandom steers that way. As for one upping eek, i have strong opinions about that but i'll just say that i hate it and as someone i've talked to said, it's not a competition about who loves him the most. We all admire and support him but going overboard to show it and try to make each project more impressive than the last one is a bit too much. I get why some people do that, but personally i'm just happy with coming up with ideas and making them happen. If they get attention that's wonderful, if they don't well , more often than not i learned something along the way (like the birthday map thing, i hated javascript. Hated hated lol. But i made peace with it and i am happy with the end result. I didn't think i would get more than 100 messages. Or the swans. It's very relaxing to fold them and i got to talk to a lot of people+practice my japanese lol) I've been in some fan projects for other stuff and they have been noticed by the person they're aimed to. When that happens, rather than being "ha!, our project got attention and yours didn't" , seeing the smile of the person and the genuine appreciation of it is way better than "winning" over another group of fans. In the end we all want to show support and i think that's just impossible to ask, but in that case, the ego should be left at the door because that kind of fanwars are what, i think, make the fandom and sometimes the admired person look bad (as in, look at what kind of crazy people they attract lol) Or maybe i'm too much of an idealist lol.
  3. I can edit the messages but I can't look at all of them (there's over a thousand now) so if you guys find something inappropriate pm me and I'll delete/edit it please include the name of the message, and where it is located, preferably on a screenshot
  4. I was kinda hoping he somehow stumbled upon itof course i would love it if he could see it, even if he didn't read the messages but i don't really have a plan other than mantaining it so the garbage characters are kept at bay lol
  5. no sorry, i could delete it and you can put it again? i just need to know which name you used
  6. Nooo thank you for your wonderful idea
  7. Added a bit of a silly thing, a Pooh Rain Forecast! It makes a cluster of markers depending on where you're looking at the map. Still a bit buggy
  8. Omg there are 868 messages on the map now
  9. ok so apparently i will have to be fixing the garbage character on the messages one by one otherwise all the other messages will look garbled...
  10. Hahaha if anyone wants to do that it would be wonderful, although i'm not sure when or if i'm going to close the message submissions
  11. yeah, i'm trying to fix the encoding issues but my workplace thinks it's a shady site and it's getting blocked intermittently
  12. Haha that was the moment when i went "o boy, here we go..." I feel so happy that i was able to see that Yuzu
  13. eek, i wonder if it was hugged to death...
  14. can you try again? I've been having some issues with the encoding and sometimes garbage characters make their way into the messages and i can't load the poohs, eek. Will fix that later D;
  15. This makes me so happyyyyy
  16. Guys pls spam the map thing everywhere >:) we need more messages 💖
  17. And here i was going to upload some videos my mom took hahaha...
  18. Btw if you guys think I should add more translations just tell me (and send me the translated text haha)
  19. in all honesty, I did it during my downtime at work. I did stay up late yesterday trying to fix the Japanese input Problem but other than that yes, I've been sleeping properly ha ha
  20. JAPANESE TEXT IS WORKING NOW AAAAAAAH
  21. Would anyone be willing to help me translate the initial message to japanese? I am still fighting with that big ugly bug of the japanese input and the Pooh scaling eek I changed the initial zoom level so be amazed at all the Poohs that cover the world now
  22. That damn test always says i'm INFP hahahaha. The description is eerily accurate but i suppose that's what happens with horoscopes?
  23. Map is open again guys, still working on that damn bug with the japanese input and the translation is obviously not ready yet, lol. But you can drag your marker now and right-click to delete

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.