Federer now with Uniqlo

LucyH

So what do you all think of Federer no longer being with Nike and wearing Uniqlo. It's a big deal for both - Uniqlo gets a huge name in tennis as Roger will continue to be huge globally long after he retires and Roger gets to expand his own "brand" into Asia further. 300M$ over 10 years is HUGE. Does this mean that Roger will play on until Tokyo 2020 - seems likely to me. I hope he gets to take back the RF from Nike though... I will soon be buying some Uniqlo stuff I think :P

I'm a huge Federer fan! :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow: I hope he will not retire too soon! His game is still magical!!  I really hope he will stay for Tokyo 2020 but we must be realistic ... I don't think is possible for him to stay in the tour 10 years more. About his new Uniqlo kit, what can I say, it was a big surprise, him letting Nike go after how many years, but I'm sure that this new contract is more profitable and the kit looks okay on him - I miss his RF sign tho... Djokovic was with Uniqlo before Lacoste and I like it on him, too!  I noticed that Roger still wears his Nike shoes tho ... Uniqlo doesn't provide him with shoes too?

55 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I'm a huge Federer fan! :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow: I hope he will not retire too soon! His game is still magical!!  I really hope he will stay for Tokyo 2020 but we must be realistic ... I don't think is possible for him to stay in the tour 10 years more. About his new Uniqlo kit, what can I say, it was a big surprise, him letting Nike go after how many years, but I'm sure that this new contract is more profitable and the kit looks okay on him - I miss his RF sign tho... Djokovic was with Uniqlo before Lacoste and I like it on him, too!  I noticed that Roger still wears his Nike shoes tho ... Uniqlo doesn't provide him with shoes too?

Uniqlo doesn't make tennis shoes so he's in negotiation with Nike to be his shoe sponsor, which Nike wants to do. His deal with Uniqlo is unprecedented and Nike wasn't prepared to match it. I am also a huge Fed fan - have been for over 20+ years