Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2026.09.29] Haier Aqua new product launch featuring brand ambassador Yuzuru Hanyu

Featured Replies

  • Author

*machine translation, inaccuracies exist

2026.09.29

Source: https://tanonews.com/?p=112382

Yuzuru Hanyu descends upon the ice! He spoke about "innovation that surpasses limits" at the Haier AQUA new refrigerator and washing machine launch event.

Haier Japan held the "Haier AQUA New Product Announcement Event" today, September 29, 2026 (Tuesday), at the DyDo Drinco Ice Arena.

At this press conference, Mr. Osamu Inui, Executive Vice President of Haier Japan Sales Co., Ltd., and Mr. Masaki Nishizawa, Executive Vice President of Aqua Co., Ltd., announced new refrigerators and washing machines from both the Haier and AQUA brands, equipped with new cooling technologies developed in response to the Japanese living environment.

In addition, professional figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu, who serves as a brand ambassador for Haier and AQUA, made an entrance by gliding across the ice of the ice arena to unveil the new products from both brands.

Furthermore, a new commercial featuring Hanyu, which will be released in the future, was unveiled, and a talk session was held.

■Speakers:

- Osamu Inui (Executive Vice President, Haier Japan Sales)

- Masaki Nishizawa (Executive Vice President, Aqua)

- Hirotaka Sakane (Manager, Product Planning Department, Haier Japan Sales)

- Tadashi Hayakawa (Director, Innovation Design Center, Haier Asia R&D)

- Masahiro Naito (General Manager, Product Planning Department, Aqua)

- Tomoharu Iwamoto (General Manager, Advanced Technology Department, Refrigerator Business Division, Haier Asia R&D)

- Jingguo Du (Vice President of Haier Group / CEO of Haier Japan Region *Appeared at the photo session)

■Special Guest

- Yuzuru Hanyu (Professional Figure Skater / Haier AQUA Brand Ambassador)

■Contents:

New product announcements for both Haier and AQUA brands, unveiling talk by Yuzuru Hanyu, and photo session.

The Haier Group is a global consumer electronics manufacturer currently operating in over 100 countries and regions worldwide. According to research by Euromonitor International, a leading international market research firm, Haier has held the number one position globally for large home appliances by brand sales volume for 17 consecutive years.

In the Japanese market, Haier Japan (CEO: Du Jingguo) operates two brands: 'Haier' and 'AQUA'. By combining global resources with Japan's advanced technology and marketing expertise, we have consistently offered attractive product lines perfectly suited to each target market and lifestyle. Today, we are pleased to unveil our latest refrigerators and washing machines, representing the culmination of the technological innovation and design excellence of both brands.

■ Greetings from both the Haier and AQUA brands

Inui:

In the Japanese market, the Haier brand has adopted the brand concept of "focusing on the will of each individual, utilizing global resources, and delivering the excitement of new home appliances from around the world to Japan."

Aiming for sustainable manufacturing that is kind to the global environment, our entire staff is working together to create a future where everyone can live happily with excitement. Our target customers are people who live life on their own terms and who can clearly discern and understand true goodness and essential value. Life is full of changes in various life stages and the start of new lives, such as going to school, getting a job, getting married, having children, children growing up, and moving. Responding quickly to such rapidly changing societies and lifestyles, and quickly giving shape to the functions that are needed right now, is the attitude we aim for. Rather than relying on excessive and complex functions, we specialize in the functions that are truly necessary, and pursue a balance between high value that satisfies our customers and a fair price. We continue to provide products that always surprise and delight our smart customers who live rationally and richly while valuing their own time.

Currently, Haier Japan Sales is working to expand its business by actively entering new categories and dramatically strengthening its product lineup in existing categories, aiming to become a comprehensive manufacturer of white goods. In existing categories, we have been strengthening our lineup of large-capacity models by adding larger capacity models such as large refrigerators and freezers in the upper 400-liter range and large-capacity 13-kilogram drum-type washer-dryers. Furthermore, we have steadily grown by successively entering new categories, such as the heated toilet seat business from 2023 and the separate air conditioner business from 2024. And today, we are pleased to announce a product that marks Haier's first full-scale entry into the ultra-large capacity market in Japan. To enter this ultra-large capacity market, we have established a new high-end product series that combines the highest level of technology and sophisticated design. This is the Haier top-of-the-line "AMU" series. We hope you will look forward to it.

Nishizawa:

I would like to introduce the management philosophy of the AQUA brand and the vision for new products. First of all, AQUA's brand message is "Innovation ." What is truly needed in modern society? What kind of user benefits are there that no one has yet noticed? We want to constantly create such ideals and futures and provide an innovative lifestyle that is inspiring and satisfying. The word "Innovation" is the culmination of these strong feelings.

Next, I would like to talk about AQUA's mission. Since our founding, we have consistently upheld the slogan "Authentic Question, Unique Answer" (solving essential issues with unique ideas and technology). We have been working with the aim of solving essential issues in daily life with our unique technology. In January 2012, we inherited Sanyo Electric's white goods business and established AQUA as a new brand. Next year, we will be celebrating a major milestone: our 15th anniversary.

Our target customers are those who are particular about the essence of life and wish to live a high-quality and fulfilling life. This product line is designed for those who cherish their daily lives, have their own unique preferences, or have everyday concerns and underlying worries that make them think, "I wish I could do this more." It's a product line that we hope everyone pursuing a richer life will choose.

What we are announcing today are innovative refrigerators and washing machines that perfectly address the essential daily needs of such customers. First, with the refrigerator, we focused on the wisdom of "KURA," a traditional Japanese storage shed that has been passed down for centuries. The flagship refrigerator series "KURA," which we are proposing today, embodies the traditional Japanese wisdom and ingenuity of carefully protecting precious ingredients and efficiently utilizing limited space, combined with the latest modern technology. Next, regarding washing machines, we would like to introduce a new model of the "Straight Drum" series , which is equipped with the latest washing method developed by our company, which boasts the No. 1 domestic market share in the commercial large-scale coin laundry market and possesses high washing technology and reliability . Both these refrigerators and washing machines were developed with a thorough commitment to the essence of daily life.

We are confident that we have created a highly refined product that will truly delight our customers, making them think, "This is exactly the feature I've been looking for." A representative will provide a detailed product explanation shortly, so please look forward to it.

■Haier AQUA brand ambassador, professional figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu, makes an appearance!

Alongside a spectacular ice performance by brand ambassador Yuzuru Hanyu, Haier and AQUA unveiled their innovative new product lineup!

(The entire venue goes dark. A vibrant blue spotlight shines on the silent ice rink, and a fantastical smoke resembling the cold air of ice rises. Yuzuru Hanyu, wearing his skates, glides onto the rink, skating across the ice with sharp and fluid edge work. As he strikes a stunning pose in the center, the latest refrigerators and washing machines from Haier and AQUA, positioned on the stage, are unveiled all at once.)

■ Presentation detailing new product technology and design (omitted)

■Brand Ambassador Yuzuru Hanyu Talk Session

Hanyu: I am truly delighted to be able to join Haier and AQUA in this new challenge today. Furthermore, being able to announce new products on the ice of an ice rink, which is my favorite field, fills me with a very special feeling. Thank you very much for today.

— To convey the appeal of our new product to a wider audience, Haier has produced a concept video and a new TV commercial for AQUA. Today, we would like to show you these videos for the first time together with everyone in the audience! Is this the first time you, Mr. Hanyu, have seen the finished version up close?

Hanyu: That's right. I was able to check a few cuts after filming, but this is the first time I've been able to watch the finished video on a big screen, so I'm really excited right now (laughs).

— First, let's take a look at the concept video for Haier's top-of-the-line series, 'AMU'. Mr. Hanyu, what are your honest impressions after watching the video yourself?

(A Haier 'AMU' concept movie was shown on the screen. Stylish visuals were combined with Yuzuru Hanyu's refined posture and movements.)

Hanyu: I really feel that we were able to express, in a very stylish and cool way, the sense of style and overall world that Haier is aiming for this time, from the look and feel of the visuals to the outfit I wore earlier.

— The visuals are truly stylish and beautiful! Is there anything in particular that left a strong impression on you during the shoot, or any memorable moments where you were especially particular about the details?

Hanyu: I performed on set, and then immediately went to the monitoring room to check the footage. I had many discussions with the director and cameraman about things like, "I want to include a shot from this angle here," as we continued filming. I also actively suggested expressions and posing, saying things like, "If it were Yuzuru Hanyu, there must be a sharper way to turn around or a more beautiful way to use his body." I have a strong memory of working hard to make sure the beauty of the costume's movement and silhouette would look good on screen.

— It seems that Mr. Hanyu's own ideas and the expressive skills he cultivated through figure skating are being put to great use!

Hanyu: I'm not simply within the framework of being a model or talent, so I always approach each shoot with the intention of bringing out to the fullest the qualities I have cultivated as an athlete and performer over more than 20 years of competitive and professional experience, such as my skating technique, the way I carry myself, and the expression in my gaze.

— That's true professionalism! Next, let's take a look at two new AQUA TV commercials: "KURA 2026" and "Straight Drum 2026." Enjoy!

Those were truly breathtaking movements and posing. Mr. Hanyu, what did you think of it?

(Two new AQUA TV commercials are shown on the screen, featuring dynamic jumps and exquisite balance poses.)

Hanyu: Both commercials had completely different worldviews and colors, which was great. In a sense, they were filled with direction and creative choices that only I could have done, or that I was able to express precisely because it was me, and I really enjoyed watching them!

— "A performance only I can deliver," that's absolutely right! What were some of the points you particularly focused on in terms of posing and movement?

Hanyu: For example, there's a scene where the entire screen is tilted, and I worked to the absolute limit to maintain a perfectly straight balance, calculating the camera angle and my body's axis so that I wouldn't appear tilted myself. Also, there's a scene at the end where I lift my leg straight up, but when I'm skating normally, my leg goes up too high (laughs). The director instructed me, “I want you to stop it precisely at 90 degrees,” but because my leg naturally rises higher, deliberately stopping it exactly at 90 degrees was actually very difficult, and I struggled with it. I was extremely particular about bringing out the beauty of the lines of my toes and legs to the fullest.

— That's a luxurious kind of trouble, a result of your exceptional physical abilities (laughs). Now, I'd like to ask about the new "Bottom Cooling System," a groundbreaking technology that was just announced. It's a technology that places the cooling unit at the very bottom and cools indirectly by enveloping it from below. How did you feel when you first heard about this technology, Hanyu-san?

Hanyu: As a figure skater myself, I've often experienced injuries to my feet, and I understand through my own body that the sensations in my ankles, the soles of my feet, and the tips of my toes are all directly connected to the axis that supports my posture and allows me to grip the ice. And when your posture is correct, it leads to the proper positioning of your internal organs and bones, and ultimately to the health of your entire body. The human body, too, is exactly the same—the “feet and foundation” are the most important thing, aren't they?

Even the Earth's gravity allows us to stand upright precisely because there is a solid foundation at its center. When I think about it that way, I was reminded once again that, as a law of nature governing all things, “energy in everything begins from the foundation.” I felt that this is what matters most. The fact that this philosophy has been applied to cooling technology in home appliances and refrigerators was a very profound and fascinating discovery for me.

— It's truly inspiring to see how your philosophy on the body as a top athlete and the cutting-edge technology of refrigerators share a deep commonality in the importance of "the feet and foundation"! Next, we'd like to hear your impressions of the new products. First, let's look at the Haier "Tsukiyo," a beautiful and stylish refrigerator equipped with smart approach illumination lights that gently turn on when you approach using a motion sensor. What do you think of it after seeing it in person?

Hanyu: It has this overwhelming presence and beauty that makes you feel like it could be placed in a luxurious residence or an upscale restaurant, doesn't it? The texture of the exterior is truly beautiful and really draws you in. During the filming of the commercial, I actually had the opportunity to experience the scene where the light comes on. The feeling of a warm light gently coming on as soon as someone approaches was very pleasant, and I thought it was wonderful that, despite being a home appliance, it gives you a sense of warmth and gentleness. It's also convenient when you wake up a little during the night and go to get some water, and above all, the design is really stylish, isn't it? On top of that, the “Umami Aging Chilled” feature doesn't just keep ingredients fresh—it actually brings out their umami as well, which is amazing. The fact that you can even easily enjoy aged meat and the like at home really makes you realize how much home appliances have evolved.

— Next, what do you think of the DUO Drum-Type Washer-Dryer, “Kanade”? It is a truly groundbreaking product, equipped with two drums, one above the other.

Hanyu: I was amazed at how incredibly quiet it is, even though it has two drums! In apartments and residential areas, the noise of a dryer running at night is always a concern, and for families with small children or pets, quiet operation is truly a critical need. It's amazing that the technology developed over many years of research in professional laundromats can be brought to home use, and that it can wash and dry 10kg of laundry simultaneously while being so quiet!

— It's wonderful to be able to experience professional technology in the comfort of your own home. Next, what are your thoughts on AQUA's flagship refrigerator series, 'KURA', the special edition 'Bronze Gold', and also the 'Straight Drum'?

Hanyu: “KURA” is really spacious inside and has such a large capacity! From the outside, it looks sleek and compact when you stand in front of it, but when you open it, I was surprised by how spacious it is all the way to the back and how much food you can fit inside. And the special-edition “Bronze Gold” is truly overwhelming! It has a presence like a work of art—something that could only be created by someone with a deep understanding of Japanese culture and the spirit of wabi-sabi. It has a beauty like art or interior décor that goes beyond being simply a home appliance; just placing one in the kitchen gives the entire space a sense of refinement and cohesion. The surface also feels wonderfully smooth to the touch. The “Oxi Wash Course” on the “Straight Drum” also thoroughly cleans deep into the fibers without damaging your precious clothes and costumes, so I felt that it would be a truly reassuring ally for anyone who wants to take good care of their clothes.

— You've spoken about the appeal of these products from an extremely knowledgeable and in-depth perspective. Are you actually quite familiar with home appliances in your everyday life?

Hanyu: Actually, I really love home appliances (laughs). When I have a day off or some free time, I’m the type of person who wants to spend the whole time at an electronics retailer and keep looking at the latest products, so today was really exciting and fun!

— Thank you so much for your passionate comments, Mr. Hanyu, as a home appliance enthusiast! Finally, in line with Haier AQUA's commitment to manufacturing that redefines convention and continues to challenge new technologies, could you please share your own future challenges and a message for everyone?

Hanyu: Since turning professional, I have been passionately working hard every day to surpass my past self, to rewrite conventional wisdom, and to go beyond the framework of figure skating in my pursuit of mastering the expression, techniques, and physical abilities I aspire to. I deeply resonate with and am moved by the attitude of both Haier and AQUA, who are never bound by conventional wisdom and continue to boldly take on new innovations. I am truly honored to be able to work with both brands as their ambassador. Going forward, I will continue to challenge myself and push beyond my limits, striving to grow together with Haier and AQUA as we move toward a new future.

■Representative question

[Question 1] As you mentioned briefly earlier, when using your refrigerator or washing machine in your everyday life, are there any particular things you pay attention to or any routines you follow?

(Question from TanoshiiNews.com)

Hanyu: First of all, regarding the refrigerator, I make sure to keep it as clean and organized as possible. Also, it's a small thing, but I try to place food items that are about to expire toward the front, where they're easy to see. I don't cook very often myself, but I make sure to check the expiration dates of perishable items like eggs and replace them as needed. As for laundry, it's mainly my everyday practice clothes and training wear, so I make sure to do it as part of my routine, following a set procedure at a set time every day.

[Question 2] What are the things you look for when it comes to home appliances in general, and what are your key points when choosing them?

Hanyu: I think functionality is really important. Nowadays, there are so many amazing home appliances out there, including ones equipped with AI technology, ones that can be operated by voice, and technologies that not only cool or freeze food but also bring out its flavor without compromising freshness or nutrients. However, something that the “Tsukiyo” and “KURA” have in common, and which is a big point for me, is that they have a stylish design. Home appliances are always present in our everyday living spaces, so I want them to have a beautiful and simple design that lifts my spirits just by being there. Rather than having an excess of complicated functions that you don't actually use, I feel really happy when I have a product around me where a beautiful, sophisticated design and the functions that are truly necessary are in harmony. It makes the quality of everyday life better.

[Question 3] You have been highly active as a professional figure skater, and next year will mark the milestone of your fifth anniversary since turning professional. Could you tell us what drives you, as well as your thoughts on taking on new challenges from next year onward?

Hanyu: First and foremost, I cherish the fundamental passion I have for skating above all else. However, in the midst of the demanding practice and training I go through every day, in reality, less than 10% of things go the way I want. About 99% of the time, I find myself struggling and experiencing frustration and difficulty. Even so, beyond all that difficult effort, there are so many people who come to the venue in person to watch me perform, people who travel all the way from overseas, and people who support me through various forms of media, such as television and live viewings. My greatest motivation is the strong desire to always remain someone who exceeds everyone's expectations, so that when someone happens to see me on a screen, they can be moved and think, “Yuzuru Hanyu can give such an incredible performance.” This is a belief of mine that has never wavered, from my days as a competitive skater to where I am today as a professional. Precisely because we don't know what will happen in the future, I want to keep putting in the greatest effort I can each day toward that unknown future, and continue to improve myself.

— Yuzuru Hanyu-san, thank you so much for the wonderful and deeply moving talk!

  • Author

*machine translation, inaccuracies exist

2026.09.30

Source: https://tanonews.com/?p=112382

Yuzuru Hanyu descends upon the ice! At the Haier AQUA new refrigerator & washing machine launch event, he spoke about "innovation that pushes boundaries," and expressed his deep resonance with the pursuit of happiness for Japanese families with the latest technologies, including the industry's first* "bottom cooling system."

Haier Japan (CEO: Du Jingguo) held the "Haier AQUA New Product Launch Event" on Tuesday, September 29, 2026. Professional figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu, who serves as an ambassador for both brands, attended the event. With a dazzling performance that broke the silence on the darkened ice rink, he unveiled a new range of products (refrigerators and washing machines) that will revolutionize the living environment in Japan.

At the press conference, both brands introduced their industry-first* "bottom cooling system" installed in their refrigerators, along with their flagship refrigerators that achieve compactness and large capacity to suit Japan's limited living spaces and freezing needs, while also improving freshness preservation technology. They also unveiled new washing machines that revolutionize washing and drying with Japan's first DUO drum technology and a unique straight design. In a talk session featuring Yuzuru Hanyu, he drew parallels between the advanced technology embodied in the products and his own journey as an artist, expressing deep empathy for Haier and AQUA's manufacturing philosophy and speaking of their uncompromising attitude towards continuous challenges.

*Household refrigerators and freezers, as of September 2026, according to our company's research.

■ [On-ice performance] Yuzuru Hanyu descends upon the ice. New products are unveiled all at once amidst a fantastical cloud of smoke.

As the venue lights dimmed and a single blue spotlight shone across the darkened ice, Yuzuru Hanyu quietly appeared on the rink in his skates. In the silence, he glided across the ice with sharp edge work, and as he struck a graceful pose in the center of the stage, a fantastical cloud of icy cold (smoke), symbolizing the new "bottom cooling system" technology of both brands' refrigerators, rose into the air. At Yuzuru Hanyu's signal, the new refrigerators and washing machines from Haier and AQUA were unveiled all at once.

■ Management & Technology Presentation

Pursuing “compact yet large capacity” and “freshness preservation” in response to market needs. New products were unveiled, including refrigerators equipped with the industry’s first*¹ “Bottom Cooling System” and a new series of washing machines proposing new ways of doing household chores.

Following presentations by Osamu Inui, Executive Vice President of Haier Japan Sales Co., Ltd., and Masaki Nishizawa, Executive Vice President of AQUA Co., Ltd., members responsible for development and product planning for both companies took the stage.

Based on research into users’ lifestyles, they unveiled a range of new products designed to address challenges associated with Japanese living environments, including insufficient freezer capacity, difficulty organizing freezer space, and limited living space.

In the refrigerator category, the companies announced the industry’s first¹ “Bottom Cooling System (BCS),” which positions the cooling unit at the very bottom of the refrigerator. By using indirect cooling rather than blowing cold air directly onto the food, the system achieves a high level of freshness preservation. At the same time, eliminating dead space makes it possible to combine large capacity and a high storage-volume ratio in the 65 cm-wide class with easy access to stored items. The flagship models introduced were Haier’s “A.M.U. Tsukiyo” and AQUA’s “KURA.”

In the washing machine category, Haier introduced “Kanade,” a washer-dryer featuring a two-tier structure with separate washing and drying tubs, enabling simultaneous washing and drying of 10 kg loads—claimed to be the first of its kind in Japan*². AQUA unveiled the latest model of its “Straight Drum” series, featuring a compact, large-capacity design with a “horizontal drum,” as well as a newly developed “Oxi Wash” course designed to maximize the effects of both OxiClean® and detergent.

*¹ Based on Haier’s research as of September 2026, for household refrigerator-freezers.

*² Based on Haier’s research as of September 2026, among domestically marketed household washer-dryers equipped with independent washing and drying drums.

■ Talk Session: Yuzuru Hanyu Discusses the “Synchronicity of Technology and Expression”

In the talk session, Yuzuru Hanyu took the stage again and, through his conversation with the MC, spoke about the ideas behind the new products while drawing parallels with his own journey.

■ The Industry’s First*¹ “Bottom Cooling System”

“Actually, as a figure skater myself, I’ve also had quite a lot of injuries involving my feet. But things like the sensations in my ankles, the soles of my feet, and my toes all connect to the way I carry myself and stand. And when that connects to the way you stand, it then connects to the positioning of your organs and each individual bone. When you think about it that way, the human body, too, really starts with the ‘feet’ as something extremely important. When I think about various things, I also wonder whether the Earth itself is able to have us sitting and standing upright like this, with gravity pressing down on us, precisely because there is a proper center at the heart of its gravitational force. In a sense, it’s a law that applies to all things—that no matter what it is, something begins at the foundation, and energy begins there as well. I feel that this is an extremely important point. So the fact that this could be applied to a refrigerator was also a very interesting discovery for me.”

■ Haier New Products (Refrigerator “A.M.U. Tsukiyo” / DUO Drum Washer-Dryer “Kanade”)

Regarding the “A.M.U. Tsukiyo” refrigerator, Hanyu said:

“It’s large enough that it looks like something you might find in a luxury home or an upscale restaurant, and you can fit a lot inside. And the exterior is really beautiful as well. That was the first thing that really drew me in. Also, during the commercial shoot, I had the opportunity to film scenes where the light actually comes on. In everyday life, when someone simply approaches it, the light naturally comes on, and I think that feeling is really pleasant. I also feel that it gives you a sense of warmth and something gentle and comforting.”

Regarding the DUO Drum Washer-Dryer “Kanade,” he said:

“It has two drums, right? And yet it’s extremely quiet. I feel that this is one of the most important things. Whether you live in an apartment or a house, the sound when a dryer is running can inevitably become very loud, can't it? If you have small children or pets, it can end up disturbing them as well. So I thought it was truly amazing that, despite packing in this many functions, something created by people who have continued researching professional dryers and washing machines for so many years in laundromats can now be used at home quietly.”

■ AQUA New Products (Refrigerator “KURA” & Special Edition “BRONZE GOLD” / Washing Machine “Straight Drum”)

Regarding “KURA,” Hanyu said:

“It’s spacious, isn’t it? It’s spacious, but when you actually stand in front of it like this, it feels like a fairly ordinary refrigerator. During the shoot, I was able to open and close it several times and check what it was like to use, and you can really fit a lot inside. I think when you store things in a refrigerator, you often end up putting more and more prepared food and other things toward the back, but with this one, those things are also easier to see, and you can adjust the shelves as well. It really feels like a refrigerator packed with a lot of functions.”

Regarding “BRONZE GOLD,” he said:

“It’s amazing, isn’t it? It feels like something that couldn’t have been created without thinking deeply about Japanese culture. Rather than feeling like a refrigerator, it’s more like having a piece of interior décor placed there—you can really feel the artistic quality of it. That’s incredible. The surface is truly smooth. You might think that something like this could feel rough or even hurt when you touch it, but it’s actually really smooth. It’s also very practical for everyday use. Just having it there changes the impression of the room, almost like it becomes a focal point, and I think that’s really nice.”

■ Ending: “Surpassing My Past Self and Paving the Way for New Challenges”

To conclude the event, Yuzuru Hanyu spoke about his thoughts as an ambassador and his aspirations for the future.

“Ever since I turned professional, I’ve been working hard on things like ‘surpassing my past self’ and ‘rewriting conventional wisdom,’ while continually going beyond the framework of figure skating. I’m doing my very best right now to figure out how I can continue to pursue and master, in every aspect, the ideal expression, techniques, physical abilities, and everything else that "Yuzuru Hanyu" himself strives for. And I also strongly resonate with the way Haier and AQUA continue to take on challenges without being bound by what we call conventional wisdom. I’m truly happy to be able to work together with Haier and AQUA in this way. Going forward, I want to continue taking on more and more challenges myself, and continue taking on challenges together with Haier and AQUA. I hope we can continue working hard together.”

Finally, a photo session was held on the ice featuring Yuzuru Hanyu alongside Du Jingguo, CEO of Haier’s Japan region, and the other speakers from the press conference. The presentation came to a close amid warm and enthusiastic applause.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.