Junior Skaters of 2019/20 Season

10 minutes ago, Paskud said:

😂😂😂😂😂

No way, not gonna happen. He is from Ukraine, not Russia.

We aren’t as strict with citizenship as the US and Japan, you know. Either way - we gave Revia, Kvitelashvili or Ryabova and Kurakova away. But took Volosozhar. 
The thing is he is a good skater. Better than Avonley Nguyen 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

We aren’t as strict with citizenship as the US and Japan, you know. Either way - we gave Revia, Kvitelashvili or Ryabova and Kurakova away. But took Volosozhar. 
The thing is he is a good skater. Better than Avonley Nguyen 

Much better.

Hmmm, is it even possible? Isn't there a deadline for coaching changes and splits?:think:

21 minutes ago, Paskud said:

😂😂😂😂😂

No way, not gonna happen. He is from Ukraine, not Russia.

I am not at all accrediting any rumours (I have no idea) and I hope I am not entering a (politically) too sensitive topic, but he is from Kharkiv, Eastern Ukraine, and I wonder if he may not qualify for Russian citizenship (I don't know at which conditions). And I think ISU requires one year without competing, in case of change of citizenship?

2 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Much better.

Hmmm, is it even possible? Isn't there a deadline for coaching changes and splits?:think:

They are not a project for Beijing anyway, so they’ve got time? But never mind, it was just idle talk. We’ve no information about what’s going on with Vadim. 
But basically, I wouldn’t be surprised if Eteri wanted her daughter to get an Olympic medal in the future, and this being dances... anything is possible. 
is there any other Federation so full of kids of famous skaters doing dances? Bukin, Morozoff, now Davis... ok, the US got Ponamarenko. Any other dynasties? 

59 minutes ago, Fay said:

There are loads of conjecture going on right now in the Russian forums - like Eteri Tutberidze buying Vadim off for Diana as a more promising partner, for instance :D 

Well maybe not that surprising then. After all there must be a reason why Eteri spent all her time in the US since March.

I have seen some speculations about whether the new restrictions on US visas might have played a role, one way or another. Granted, it's purely speculative talk. Not sure about athletes, but in academia where a lot of workers are on J1 or H1 visas, it has caused quite the uproar :sigh:

Either way, I wish them both the best. 

Kolesnik is looking for a partner, 'possibly outside the US' . Getting closer to Eteri :D 

https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-06-30-figurist-kolesnik-budu-iskat-novuyu-partnershu-vozmozhno-za-predelami-ssha

Maybe Avonley will continue ice dance with someone like Ponomarenko. They are both under Shpilband and Ponomarenko is imo better than Kolesnik.