Junior Skaters of 2019/20 Season

15 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Alena Kanysheva had a serious injury in her previous skating team (and it can happen anywhere), then switched coaches but had to stop singles nevertheless, I have no element to think there was any fault from Tutberidze Team.

And with this serious injury she was still pushed at Tutberidze camp to learn  and practise quad toeloop and we will never see her again (in ladies field). 

Elisabet is also gone for the whole season rn. Of course, injuries can happen everywhere, but based on so many examples from this team, I think they tend to push their skaters too hard when sympotms if injury or health issues appear  and they react too late, when injuries are in already in bad conditions.

And they always give some back stories about the reason of the injury (genetic condition, previous injury etc.) so I dare to have some doubts. Too many promising atheltes from this camp have already disapeared from the scene to make me blindly believe all those explanations (like Erokhov, Pitkeev and those mentionted before). Imo, those kids train too hard in the time when they body should develop and it causes some unusual health conditions - some can go through it and come back, others don't. It works like pipeline. 

Still, hopefully it won't be a case for Daniil, as it wasn't for Kostornaia so far. Never too late to learn sth and change sth. 

We don't know what was diagnosed to Alena Kanysheva at first.

From what I understand, unlike Aliya Mustafina in Gyms for instance, who was treated in Germany, Russian skating federation doesn't feel necessary (or have the means) to send skaters in foreign countries when needed, and from what I understand, Russian (civil) hospitals are still backwards (in mid-80es, 20% of Russian hospitals didn't even have running water). You can see too, how they travel, having to sleep in airport halls...

You may suspect "back stories" but really, in Polina Tsurskaya's case, I don't see it possible.
Elizabet Tursynbaeva was injured, I don't know what treatments her (Kazakh) federation paid her, she is back to training from what I understand, I really hope she will thrive next year, she is part of the "wonderful Ladies bunch".

I have been in such a binge of Yuzuru Hanyu since the beginning of January, that I have neglected Ladies, which I had watched since 2017, before discovering Yuzuru Hanyu.

Elizabet Tursynbaeva is treated in Kazakhstan but could consult German doctors, she should restart training by the end of the month (after Worlds I suppose) and skate in three shows this summer ("until she feels pain"), then hopes to have a normal season next year.

I don't know how accurate is the automatic translation (and subtitles transcription) but she seems to deny any link between her training quads and her condition.

And she doesn't want to communicate on what is this condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvpSI3WWZoE

Well, this doesn't really belong to the Junior thread, sorry.

Not that it says a lot but I came across this blog post by recommendation through the home tab (it's a feature in android chrome) — it's that PCS judging issue on Yuma (which I think has happened to other skater previously?)

https://sulog.net/figureskate/post-32266/amp/

Needless to say that such mistake should never happen again in the future 😒

Not only was there this "mistake" on skating skills; but the scores from this Canadian judge are the lowest of all the panel.

Do we know the scores he/she gave other medallists, and Shun Sato, and Canadian Gogolev (I have nothing against him, I haven't ever seen him skating, just to guess if there may be "nationalistic bias")?

27 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Not only was there this "mistake" on skating skills; but the scores from this Canadian judge are the lowest of all the panel.

Do we know the scores he/she gave other medallists, and Shun Sato, and Canadian Gogolev (I have nothing against him, I haven't ever seen him skating, just to guess if there may be "nationalistic bias")?

Mistakes like this happen, even if rarely.

Judge no. 2. was the Canadian one, you can check his scores here: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1920/wjc2020/FSKMSINGLES-JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

3 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Mistakes like this happen, even if rarely.

Judge no. 2. was the Canadian one, you can check his scores here: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1920/wjc2020/FSKMSINGLES-JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Thank you very much!

So he he gave the lowest PCS of all the panel, to most skaters, including Canadian Stephen Gogolev. OK then.

Aw, Shingo! We are mighty happy too! 
Junior world is over and my season is over too!! It was my first junior world and I had an amazing time there!

Last season was special for me, because I could get a lot of wonderful experience which I had never had before. 
Thank you to my coaches, partner and your support🙇🏻‍♂️
Now I can say for sure that I’m glad I decide to start ice dance one year ago.

I’m going to work harder to get even better for next season and future💪

9 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Why they didn't get any jgp assignments this season? :/

I don't know, I also was suprised. If I remember well, they participated in test skates and looked ok back then (not sure though). They also participated at sr and jr nats. Didn't skate to their best, but a lot of potential was still there. They were one of the top jr team last season, maybe even the most promising and this year they didn't receive a lot of support, at least it looks like that from the outside. Probably there is some story behind this (health issues, conflict or sth). Maybe some Russian fanyus here know more.

Whaaat, nooo ;;;; understand because of Russian depth but they were one of my favourites :(

and I also don't know why they skipped JGP, they were planning for it, I even read some interview before the season... eh.