Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, poohyuuny said:

I could apply for both.

I applied for single day tickets first, then put in another application for all event on a later day as a second thought. But I think you can apply for both in the same day.

 

:thanks: I wonder how it works. :think: I assume you can’t win both but it’s not split like the Japanese lotteries, so... too many mysteries!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Does anybody remember if for Worlds you were able to apply for all event AND single day in the foreign lottery?

Yes you could apply for both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very surprising! So Dai won’t be competition internationally this season after all? :think:

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we wait for information on the foreign sale, here’s some info about last year’s official practice tickets:

 

The sale of practice tickets was only announced on the 1st of October last year and the sale began a week later on the 8th.

 

Tickets cost ¥3000 yen each and were only available for the full day of practice the day before competition. Doors opened 90 mins prior to competition on the other days so it might be possible to catch the end of practices again. 

 

There were no practice tickets offered to foreign fans. Hopefully this changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a foreign spectator I was able to buy practice tickets directly on the Japanese website last year. It’s a live sale and you print your tickets at Lawson’s. IIRC, had only three days to print the tickets, so had to time it correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, beebee said:

As a foreign spectator I was able to buy practice tickets directly on the Japanese website last year. It’s a live sale and you print your tickets at Lawson’s. IIRC, had only three days to print the tickets, so had to time it correctly.

 

Pia is handling tickets this year so even putting aside the language barrier many have I don’t think it’ll be possible. I tried buying FaOI tickets in the general sale from Pia this year and an account registered with a Japanese phone number was necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, as we wait for info about foreign sales to come out... (*eyes calendar impatiently*)... I've done a bit of research and thought I'd share:

 

- E-mailed ePLUS and JapanConcertTickets.com - neither will be selling NHK tickets

- E-mailed PIA to clarify how ticket sales for foreigners will work but no reply 

 

Also... How do we feel about proxies? This is my first time going to Japan, and first time buying tickets for Japan events (I am also trying to get One OK Rock tickets, but that's another story...). I get that it's likely to be a lot stricter this year because of Japan2020, but... If it was you, considering your level of desperation for tickets... would you personally be willing to use a proxy or would you not take the risk of being turned away at the door (or worse, fined/legal action)? If anyone has had any experience using such services, please share!

Price wise, I received a quote of approx. 15,500 JPY/ticket... (face value + booking fees + proxy fee). This seems... not too bad? But again, would hate to spend that cash if the risk of being turned away at the door is high.

Thoughts?

 

I'm also super confused about how foreigners apply for and receive tickets, but I guess that info will come out later... (Any other Aussies eyeing NHK tickets? Shout out! ^_^)

:notamused:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@paperatoms Long time no see!

 

Unfortunately JCT seem to have shut down. Several other services are no longer offering ticket purchase/lottery application services anymore and some have stopped dealing with figure skating tickets specifically. :/ 

 

If you can find a proxy who can apply for tickets for you in your own name then there shouldn’t be a problem.

 

Personally, I don’t feel okay risking getting tickets with someone else’s name as NHK is the first competition since the introduction of the harsher laws so it’s too risky imo.

 

As for foreign tickets, they’ll probably be through EMTG again. You’ll have to create an account and download an app which is used for both applying and receiving tickets. We’ll have about 2 weeks from ticket info coming out until the foreign applications open so plenty of time to work things out. :) I’d create an account ASAP, though, as I and another Australian had errors setting one up and their customer service is suuuuper slow to respond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paperatoms said:

Hi everyone, as we wait for info about foreign sales to come out... (*eyes calendar impatiently*)... I've done a bit of research and thought I'd share:

 

- E-mailed ePLUS and JapanConcertTickets.com - neither will be selling NHK tickets

- E-mailed PIA to clarify how ticket sales for foreigners will work but no reply 

 

Also... How do we feel about proxies? This is my first time going to Japan, and first time buying tickets for Japan events (I am also trying to get One OK Rock tickets, but that's another story...). I get that it's likely to be a lot stricter this year because of Japan2020, but... If it was you, considering your level of desperation for tickets... would you personally be willing to use a proxy or would you not take the risk of being turned away at the door (or worse, fined/legal action)? If anyone has had any experience using such services, please share!

Price wise, I received a quote of approx. 15,500 JPY/ticket... (face value + booking fees + proxy fee). This seems... not too bad? But again, would hate to spend that cash if the risk of being turned away at the door is high.

Thoughts?

 

I'm also super confused about how foreigners apply for and receive tickets, but I guess that info will come out later... (Any other Aussies eyeing NHK tickets? Shout out! ^_^)

:notamused:

 

 

JCT re-directed to a proxy who replied the following "Yes, we can help you but we cannot guarantee that you will not be denied entry into the venue. We can apply on your behalf and also attach a note to explain that I bought for you but refund will not be given" and that if there is a name on the ticket, it will be the PIA ticket account holder's name (the proxy).

 

Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mambook said:

 

JCT re-directed to a proxy who replied the following "Yes, we can help you but we cannot guarantee that you will not be denied entry into the venue. We can apply on your behalf and also attach a note to explain that I bought for you but refund will not be given" and that if there is a name on the ticket, it will be the PIA ticket account holder's name (the proxy).

 

Hope this helps!

 

:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: Yikes. Thanks for the info. I guess we can only hope they allocate a fair amount of tickets for the foreign lottery...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! I was redirected to this thread via someone on tumblr. 

 

I do have some info about EMTG regarding those error messages since ticket PIA posted information about making sure that your phone is compatible with the app before applying for the electronic tickets:

 

In order to use electronic tickets through EMTG your device must fulfill the following:

1. A working internet connection

2. A working phone number (a japanese phone number starting with 080, 090, 070 is required)

3. A phone with one of the following OS (operating systems):

  • iPhone: iOS 7.0 or higher (9.0 is recommended) Must be able to receive texts
  • Android: Android OS 4.0 or higher (4.4 is recommended) Also must be able to receive texts

In order to ensure that the app works efficiently, please update your OS in advance.

 

Even if your phone meets the above mentioned conditions the following types of phone or devices may still be incompatible:

  • Feature Phone ガラケー (these are older flip phones)
  • Garaho ガラホ (another type of flip phone)
  • Tablets (such as ipads)
  • Easy smartphone らくらくスマートフォン
  • Devices that do not support App Store or Google Play 
  • SIM free phones
  • LG Optimus Vu L-06D (this is sold by Docomo)
  • L-06D JOJO (also sold by Docomo)

In order to protect against illegal activity, the usage of multiple smartphones will not be allowed. One registered user per one ID and device. 

Also, regarding all this extra security Japan is now implementing -- I must say I'm quite displeased with it all. I always though the lottery system was BS to begin with. I know scalpers and resellers are the devil but at least, AT LEAST, they're still giving me the chance to purchase the ticket. This year I was going to try and have myself and several of my friends also living in Japan to apply for these tickets in order to increase my chances but it seems like it's really just a one per person type of deal. I'm sure I'm not going to win. I can't tell you how many of these types of lotteries I've tried winning and haven't had luck with a single one!

Anyway, I wonder how the ticketing app works. How far in advance can you view the ticket? Because if it's pretty early then your proxy can just take a screenshot of the ticket+barcode and send it to you to use on your own phone can't they? If it sounds like a hassle then maybe having a proxy sign up for the paper ticket might be better? I doubt a Japanese telephone number will be necessary in that case. Just have them use your name on the ticket and your email although you'd have to be comfortable giving them your credit card details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@meghannfh Hello :animated-smileys-hello-22: 

 

The app will have a separate lottery for foreigners/foreign mobile phone numbers. It’s impossible to enter the Japanese lottery if you aren’t a permanent resident as you need a number linked to a Japanese mobile phone contract. I remember someone tried entering the Japanese lottery with a foreign mobile number in the past, won the lottery, but couldn’t claim the ticket. :13877886:

 

A screenshot won’t work, unfortunately, as they use an electronic stamp on your screen that interacts with the app to verify your ticket. 

 

The problem with paper paper tickets is PIA requires you to have an account to enter the lottery so the name of the person who owns the account will be on the ticket. I think there’s a way to transfer it to a friend/change the name but that probably also requires them having their own account.

 

The errors people are getting are just your usual bugs, I think, and the company can usually help manually set up an account if you encounter any problems signing up.

 

It’s unfortunate that it seems people can’t even trade tickets legally at face value anymore without going through the  trading systems being set up. :( If they would allow foreigners a chance to trade as well, even just among other foreigners, it wouldn’t be so bothersome. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

@meghannfh Hello :animated-smileys-hello-22: 

 

The app will have a separate lottery for foreigners/foreign mobile phone numbers. It’s impossible to enter the Japanese lottery if you aren’t a permanent resident as you need a number linked to a Japanese mobile phone contract. I remember someone tried entering the Japanese lottery with a foreign mobile number in the past, won the lottery, but couldn’t claim the ticket. :13877886:

 

 

Oh yes! I am aware. I am a foreign resident in Japan. I've applied with my Japanese phone number several times and have never won. That's what I meant.

It's unfortunate that they are making this several times more difficult for those living outside of Japan, even with a paper ticket. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, meghannfh said:

I'm sure I'm not going to win. I can't tell you how many of these types of lotteries I've tried winning and haven't had luck with a single one!

 

 

I would hope (!) that the measures they're taking, will cut out all the scalpers, and the vast networks of friends/families/colleagues entering on behalf of others... so that only the fans who will actually attend the event, will enter the lotteries.

 

Then the chances of those fans winning the lottery, should be much higher...

 

But we will see... ^_^;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...