1 hour ago, GlushkovaSan said:

As a foreigner living in Japan, I’ve always just entered my name in Katakana instead in the Kanji field and it’s been fine so far! 

I would advise entering name in romanji using full-width alphanumeric characters (using Japanese keyboard either desktop or mobile phone). They will checking the name against your passport.  But no worries names can edited I think , just not the birthdate and gender for emtg

So as not to clog up the thread, I've started a New Thread about ideas for applying for Japanese lotteries / sales from abroad. Feel free to contribute or heckle at my lunacy XD :68556365:

I will be travelling by myself as well and planning to stop by sendai for 3 days after on the way to Tokyo. Wouldn’t mind some company if anyone else heading that way.

Someone made a video of visiting Sendai during the tanabata festival. You can compare your palm size to Hanyu’s!

I am going to Sendai before NHK, and plan to go to Sendai’s ice rink with my skates (possibly multiple times), so if there are other satellites who are interested, please let me know!

This tweet says they might announce more viewing locations in October and asks people to make requests through the link posted. Sapporo and Sendai would be fun.

4 hours ago, sophiang said:

i think i will change to osaka this time...at least try to stay in the same country at yuzu during NHK period will make me feel better

The list is not finalised. I think someone will suggest sapporo and sendai. you can wait awhile and see. 

Hello all Fanyus,

I managed to get 4 sets of Stand A etickets (each set includes all 3 days etickets) but none of them are in my own name Orz ...

I will go alone so there are 3 sets in extra.  In case any of you are interested please contact me but please note that I won't be able to lend the passport (given that identification may be asked at the venue per the NHK Trophy website) nor the cell phones.  Also need to check how I can transfer the etickets to you guys.

There is risk that we won't be able to enter the venue if they really check the identification so please re-consider it before contacting me. 

42 minutes ago, IcePrinceYuzu said:

Hello all Fanyus,

I managed to get 4 sets of Stand A etickets (each set includes all 3 days etickets) but none of them are in my own name Orz ...

I will go alone so there are 3 sets in extra.  In case any of you are interested please contact me but please note that I won't be able to lend the passport (given that identification may be asked at the venue per the NHK Trophy website) nor the cell phones.  Also need to check how I can transfer the etickets to you guys.

There is risk that we won't be able to enter the venue if they really check the identification so please re-consider it before contacting me. 

If I might ask - how on earth did you get so many?? :surprised:  Were they all separate applications, or did you enter them as 2 lots of 3 day tickets? (If the latter, one person could accompany you with no issues)  If you're not comfortable answering / answering publicly no worries. :)

Suuuper jealous! 

30 minutes ago, paperatoms said:

If I might ask - how on earth did you get so many?? :surprised:  Were they all separate applications, or did you enter them as 2 lots of 3 day tickets? (If the latter, one person could accompany you with no issues)  If you're not comfortable answering / answering publicly no worries. :)

Suuuper jealous! 

I really don't know how on earth I'm so lucky, or unlucky.  They are all separate applications for one day ticket and each set have one ticket per day x 3 days.

As mentioned none of them are in my own name so I'm having headache actually given that I may be kicked out from the venue as well in case they really have ID check.

20 minutes ago, IcePrinceYuzu said:

I really don't know how on earth I'm so lucky, or unlucky.  They are all separate applications for one day ticket and each set have one ticket per day x 3 days.

As mentioned none of them are in my own name so I'm having headache actually given that I may be kicked out from the venue as well in case they really have ID check.

we should have all given our names for you to ballot 😂

not sure if this works but the person can reinstall the app on their phone, log in to download with the sim card inserted. the tickets are more or less to the number but the mobile device is changable. the main problem is the ID check. You can choose not to answer but what is the gender and age / birthdate you registered for all the names?

4 minutes ago, charli+ciel said:

we should have all given our names for you to ballot 😂

not sure if this works but the person can reinstall the app on their phone, log in to download with the sim card inserted. the tickets are more or less to the number but the mobile device is changable. the main problem is the ID check. You can choose not to answer but what is the gender and age / birthdate you registered for all the names?

Gender for all tickets are female.  Sorry it's not convenient to tell the age or birthdate publicly but all are in middle aged.

1 hour ago, IcePrinceYuzu said:

Hello all Fanyus,

Wow 4 sets how lucky! 😮 I'm tempted but yes, the ID checks will be the problem.