Off topic a bit but a quick survey: Any one going/planning to go to Nagoya GPF? How normally do you guys purchase tickets for events in Japan as I have no clue at all:snonegai:

33 minutes ago, Elaine said:

Off topic a bit but a quick survey: Any one going/planning to go to Nagoya GPF? How normally do you guys purchase tickets for events in Japan as I have no clue at all:snonegai:

I'd like to try, but I don't know more than you about how to go about it.

I'm interested too in buying tickets for the GPF since I will be in Japan at that time. Do they have ticket sales for people living outside of Japan and if they do, would they be more expensive?  Any info would be appreciated.

On 5/12/2017 at 23:19, jinabee said:

What issues are you having?

I was able to get it to work on chrome but Korean websites are generally notorious for being awful (considering how good internet is here, the websites are terrible)

If possible try opening the website in IE, Korean websites tend to work better in IE and a lot of payment systems on Korean websites are often totally dependent on you using IE.

We figured it out that my friend actually didn't read the site correctly. She went trying to add things to the cart but she couldn't. She thought she had tickets she didn't have when she first logged in for results she got different prompts and maybe there was confusion in the translation but it said it would take her to her "winnings".  It really only ended up being the requests.  So she was out of luck for the lottery but her coworker got Level B for the team SP event, so at least we'll get that without the reseller markups.  So far I have Level B Team SP, Level A Men's SP, and Level C Men's LP. Will have to see what happens in September I guess. 

I'm still looking for 2-3 SP tickets preferably A or B sections. If anyone has spare or knows someone who might be selling, let me know!

19 hours ago, beki said:

I'd like to try, but I don't know more than you about how to go about it.

I am thinking to start up a thread for Nagoya GPF tickets, hotels, transportation etc:coffee:Need to get prepared and hopefully our Japanese friends in this forum could provide some insights:snpeace:

57 minutes ago, Elaine said:

I am thinking to start up a thread for Nagoya GPF tickets, hotels, transportation etc:coffee:Need to get prepared and hopefully our Japanese friends in this forum could provide some insights:snpeace:

Good idea. I'll be trying for GPF and NHK if I don't have any luck with the Olympics.

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Good idea. I'll be trying for GPF and NHK if I don't have any luck with the Olympics.

Yes, I'd love to try to do this too.

On 5/15/2017 at 10:27, SparkleSalad said:

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you have autofill forms enabled so you don't have to type in all your details. 

Has anyone had experience with TicketBay? I don't want to have to resort to such risky measures but if I miss out on the general sale I might be desperate enough.

That's smart. Thanks for that tip!

For everyone's information,  the USA's ATR Cosport has new wave of tickets for sale.  Last time I checked, they have ticket package that included the men's SP and speed skating for purchase.  It was Cat C ticket thought, but for those who are interested you can keep an eye on the site, and maybe they will have more tickets for figure skating later.  Good luck everyone.

On 5/13/2017 at 12:58, katonice said:

Yes, the general sale as I understand will be open to all :)

Hi @SparkleSalad, I have to correct myself here. I rechecked the PC2018 website and apparently, the general sales is open only to Korean residents (incl. foreigners with Foreign Registration Numbers). So we'll need the help of someone in Korea to purchase online.

More information here: https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com/Service

Sorry about the mistake :Just_Cuz_15:

2 minutes ago, katonice said:

Hi @SparkleSalad, I have to correct myself here. I rechecked the PC2018 website and apparently, the general sales is open only to Korean residents (incl. foreigners with Foreign Registration Numbers). So we'll need the help of someone in Korea to purchase online.

More information here: https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com/Service

Sorry about the mistake :Just_Cuz_15:

No problem. Thanks for the information! I reaaaaally don't want to have to settle for Worlds if I miss the Olympis. Italy is beautiul but so very, very far away. And who knows who'll bother showing up to compete.

Did anyone go to Sochi? I wonder how much I should be trying to put aside for marked up ticket prices. 

33 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

No problem. Thanks for the information! I reaaaaally don't want to have to settle for Worlds if I miss the Olympis. Italy is beautiul but so very, very far away. And who knows who'll bother showing up to compete.

Did anyone go to Sochi? I wonder how much I should be trying to put aside for marked up ticket prices. 

It's so long before the Olympics. I'm SURE they will have more tickets soon...right??!?!?? :stars:

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

It's so long before the Olympics. I'm SURE they will have more tickets soon...right??!?!?? :stars:

I have no hope that Australia will get any more and I'm not sure we had any to begin with.:(

I'm just hoping that whatever god gave us this miracle skater will also provide us tickets to see him. I'll probably end up selling all my possessions to afford them, though. That and I need to buy winter clothes. I have seen snow-covered ground exaclty once and it was still a relatively warm and sunny experience.

(For some reason the Australian Cosport site suddenly says it has no individual tickets to any events for sale. Before only figure skating was unavailable. Ughhhhh. It's getting wooooorse.)

On 5/18/2017 at 20:46, dzuo1015 said:

For everyone's information,  the USA's ATR Cosport has new wave of tickets for sale.  Last time I checked, they have ticket package that included the men's SP and speed skating for purchase.  It was Cat C ticket thought, but for those who are interested you can keep an eye on the site, and maybe they will have more tickets for figure skating later.  Good luck everyone.

Thanks. I've been checking periodically anyway.  Currently the ticket sales portion is down all together.