How long would the journey be with high speed?

Maybe about an hour? The bus is around 2 hours.

If the high speed rail is running it won't be cheap but generally ktx is way easier to book in advance than the express buses

Curious where the estimated 1 hour comes from, and if there's already a schedule out there. I know initially the idea for the rail was supposed to be 1 hour from Seoul, my impression was you have to transfer to get to the rail from Seoul. The high speed rail line seems to be an express from West Wonju to Gangneung and the website estimates under 2 hours from Incheon to Gangneung.

I did hear the bus ride from Seoul to Gangneung was 5 hours, is there another bus station closer that will take 2 hours?

Hello all,

I'm super new to all this and until a month ago I had never cared about the Olympics in my life. I'm from the iceless land of Australia so we usually just ignore the Winter Olympics. Now I'm seriously considering spending my life savings to go to Korea.

Is there anywhere I can go for information about tickets or buying them second hand? I found a thread on GS where an Australian fan was selling their tickets for Sochi but could only sell them to someone with an Australian passport. Is it really that complicated? (>_<)

I did hear the bus ride from Seoul to Gangneung was 5 hours, is there another bus station closer that will take 2 hours?

It depends on traffic I think (and bus station too).

It took about 3 hours for me to come by bus from Incheon airport to Gangneung, but a little over two hours from Gangneung to Seoul (Dong Seoul bus terminal).

It depends on traffic I think (and bus station too).

It took about 3 hours for me to come by bus from Incheon airport to Gangneung, but a little over two hours from Gangneung to Seoul (Dong Seoul bus terminal).

Yeah it depends on traffic. The express bus (no other stops) is 2hr 50 ish in normal/good traffic, the one from East Seoul station is 2hr 30 according to daum. When I was heading the 4CC this was about right but olympics might have heavier traffic and so longer trip times. The biggest issue is limited seats on the bus and buses being about an hour apart

Thanks for the info jinabee (btw, check your PM, I sent you a message about tickets).

FYI, I now have 2 x gala tickets category C for anyone interested.

Have Level A for both sp and lp, still looking for level B and above for gala (if anyone is planning to sell extra one please do let me know :space: )

If anyone has any tickets to the mens SP or FS I'd love to take them off your hands! Of course category A is the dream but B would be nice, too. Please PM or contact me telepathically. :)

And would someone be able to explain to me what the deal with the general sale in September is? Is that open to people of any nationality?

Has anyone been having trouble with the korean website?

What issues are you having?

I was able to get it to work on chrome but Korean websites are generally notorious for being awful (considering how good internet is here, the websites are terrible)

If possible try opening the website in IE, Korean websites tend to work better in IE and a lot of payment systems on Korean websites are often totally dependent on you using IE.

If anyone has any tickets to the mens SP or FS I'd love to take them off your hands! Of course category A is the dream but B would be nice, too. Please PM or contact me telepathically. :)

And would someone be able to explain to me what the deal with the general sale in September is? Is that open to people of any nationality?

Yes, the general sale as I understand will be open to all :)

Marvellous! I better upgrade my RAM and start training my clicky finger so I have a chance!

Marvellous! I better upgrade my RAM and start training my clicky finger so I have a chance!

I'm also wondering how I should practice for this :smile: I mean, I'm not an expert online ticket purchaser. So any tips from experienced buyers would be much appreciated ^^;

Of course though, if anyone can spare their extra tickets in advance, that would be even better :pbow:

On 2017-5-13 at 16:58, katonice said:

I'm also wondering how I should practice for this :smile: I mean, I'm not an expert online ticket purchaser. So any tips from experienced buyers would be much appreciated ^^;

Of course though, if anyone can spare their extra tickets in advance, that would be even better :pbow:

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you have autofill forms enabled so you don't have to type in all your details. 

Has anyone had experience with TicketBay? I don't want to have to resort to such risky measures but if I miss out on the general sale I might be desperate enough.