sallycinnamon

[TV Broadcast] Fantasy on Ice in MAKUHARI 2019

For him to say 100%, he'd have to evolve into his next stage like a Pokemon. Yuvulution like eeveelution. He only ever accepts he did 100% when he's operating under serious limitations and then he says he did the most he was capable of doing under those conditions, like the Olys. 

2 hours ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

Did we ever have a choice? Tumbling with him down the rabbit hole and enjoy the ride to the fullest... wine helps :10814716: I’m French but I seem to drink more since I fell for our overlord

No choice here! 

I had no idea what was waiting for me, when I said all that time ago after Worlds 2017: "Some Japanese skater won, let's quickly check it out..." :rofl2:

That "let's quickly check it out..." turned into THIS (believe me, I tried to find more suitable word, but no chance there). And this THIS is now a huge part of my life. It doesn't matter, if it wasn't totally voluntary, right? The main thing is, we are enjoying it as hell. 

:darklordyuzu:

17 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

No choice here! 

I had no idea what was waiting for me, when I said all that time ago after Worlds 2017: "Some Japanese skater won, let's quickly check it out..." :rofl2:

That "let's quickly check it out..." turned into THIS (believe me, I tried to find more suitable word, but no chance there). And this THIS is now a huge part of my life. It doesn't matter, if it wasn't totally voluntary, right? The main thing is, we are enjoying it as hell. 

A rabbithole in the middle of quicksand with a looking glass at the other end, that's what THIS is. :D 

24 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

A rabbithole in the middle of quicksand with a looking glass at the other end, that's what THIS is. :D 

But I bet we all love it. :darklordyuzu:

I know I would jump there again. 

@faeline you're a true angel, you know that, don't you?:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

ETA: link added to Planet's videos:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

3 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

No choice here! 

another story:

Christmas holidays ---> Winter+free time ---> "oh right figure skating exists!" she remebered, "let's see how Sochi Olympic medallist are doing" she thought on a whim, "oh I didn't watch this guy" she said "oh but that stsq is cool" she thought "let's check what else he's done".... fast forward today, she's writing her 4779° post on a fan forum. During summer:13877886:

#worth it

Reading interviews with Uchimura and Kato late 2014 both were asked their opinion of Hanyu carrying on after the crash in practice at CoC - Googled, watched the rest of the GP - hooked.  

Someone might have done it already but here's a translation of Yuzu's interview after day 1:

Spoiler

Translator’s note: This is not a word-for-word translation. I paraphrased some of the things said in the broadcast to clarify the main point.

Interviewer: Otsukaresama deshita.

Hanyu: Otsukaresama deshita.

(t/n: Seems like the footage has been edited here)

Hanyu: After all, you get extremely nervous when you perform your new number... new program for the first time, so I felt weak at the knees at the beginning of the program. However, I truly feel... how should I put it?  I truly feel that I could put my passion into the program putting forth my whole energy.

Interviewer: Probably many fans thought of the program you skated in 2014.

Hanyu: Well... I'm kind of putting my focus on delivering something evolved from that program, so... I want to make my performance cool and fascinating at the same time... um... how should I say? I am wholeheartedly trying to bring this collaboration with this great artist ToshI san to perfection.

Interviewer: Well, this time, I think the hand choreography is more impressive than in the program you skated in 2014, although it was a competitive program.

Hanyu: I asked Ms. Shae-Lynn Bourne to choreograph this piece. I thought of her when I decided to skate to this song because it starts and ends with the musical phrase quoted from The Phantom of the Opera. After all, with Shae-Lynn, I... I think The Phantom of the Opera was the first program she choreographed for me. Compared to those days, I have a wider repertoire, (t/n: of skills, probably) so I thought I might be able to do more than I could before, or I might be able to perform what she would want me to. I guess that is one of the reasons why the new program has more impressive choreography.

Interviewer: Do you feel that performing this kind of ice show program would make a positive impact on your performances in the next season in terms of expression?

Hanyu: Well... it has been a while since I skated an over-the-top passionate program like this, and this is not a competition but an ice show, so I enjoy... I mean I feel great being able to put my all into expressing. After all I... how should I say? Well, of course, I love lyrical, poetic programs as well, and I can perform from my heart with such programs too, but... (t/n: this kind of program) consumes my energy in a different way (laughs) and always gives me something like a sense of achievement. So... after all, I felt so blessed as a skater to be able to perform in a show and receive a warm welcome from the audience like this.

Interviewer: You also landed a quad toeloop during the opening number. I think everyone thought that you are coming back.

Hanyu: Well, I'm coming back to some extent, but... um... some parts of me haven't come back yet. I mean... I want to improve myself to reach my ideal self but there's a long way to go. I haven't reached 20 percent of my ideal self yet, so... I'm going to train harder, hehehe.

Interviewer: I see. So, you are aiming to improve yourself in terms of jumps and expression as this show continues...?

Hanyu: Of course, I want to work on my jumps and expression as well, but more than anything I want to unite with the audience and the artists we are collaborating with... I mean, I'm hoping to deliver a performance the audience would love to see in each one of the shows, and hoping to deliver each performance in sync with the artists, breathing with them, sharing the same view of the world with them.

Interviewer: Thank you very much.

Hanyu: Thank you.

45 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Someone might have done it already but here's a translation of Yuzu's interview after day 1:

Hide contents

Translator’s note: This is not a word-for-word translation. I paraphrased some of the things said in the broadcast to clarify the main point.

Hanyu: After all, you get extremely nervous when you perform your new number... new program for the first time, so I felt weak at the knees at the beginning of the program. However, I truly feel... how should I put it?  I truly feel that I could put my passion into the program putting forth my whole energy.

Hanyu: Well... I'm kind of putting my focus on delivering something evolved from that program, so... I want to make my performance cool and fascinating at the same time... um... how should I say? I am wholeheartedly trying to bring this collaboration with this great artist ToshI san to perfection.

Interviewer: Well, this time, I think the hand choreography is more impressive than in the program you skated in 2014, although it was a competitive program.

Hanyu: I asked Ms. Shae-Lynn Bourne to choreograph this piece. I thought of her when I decided to skate to this song because it starts and ends with the musical phrase quoted from The Phantom of the Opera. After all, with Shae-Lynn, I... I think The Phantom of the Opera was the first program she choreographed for me. Compared to those days, I have a wider repertoire, (t/n: of skills, probably) so I thought I might be able to do more than I could before, or I might be able to perform what she would want me to. I guess that is one of the reasons why the new program has more impressive choreography.

Interviewer: Do you feel that performing this kind of ice show program would make a positive impact on your performances in the next season in terms of expression?

Hanyu: Well... it has been a while since I skated an over-the-top passionate program like this, and this is not a competition but an ice show, so I enjoy... I mean I feel great being able to put my all into expressing. After all I... how should I say? Well, of course, I love lyrical, poetic programs as well, and I can perform from my heart with such programs too, but... (t/n: this kind of program) consumes my energy in a different way (laughs) and always gives me something like a sense of achievement. So... after all, I felt so blessed as a skater to be able to perform in a show and receive a warm welcome from the audience like this.

Interviewer: You also landed a quad toeloop during the opening number. I think everyone thought that you are coming back.

Hanyu: Well, I'm coming back to some extent, but... um... some parts of me haven't come back yet. I mean... I want to improve myself to reach my ideal self but there's a long way to go. I haven't reached 20 percent of my ideal self yet, so... I'm going to train harder, hehehe.

Interviewer: I see. So, you are aiming to improve yourself in terms of jumps and expression as this show continues...?

Hanyu: Of course, I want to work on my jumps and expression as well, but more than anything I want to unite with the audience and the artists we are collaborating with... I mean, I'm hoping to deliver a performance the audience would love to see in each one of the shows, and hoping to deliver each performance in sync with the artists, breathing with them, sharing the same view of the world with them.

Thank you for the translation! :10815002:

Thank you both to @faeline for the video and @sweetwaterfor tanslating th einterview...you guys are priceless:1497158260_5GOE:

I remember looking for  Yuna and Mao videos and then from there some japanese kid video came up and it was love at first sight.....never looked back  :happy0007:

Hace 1 hora, sweetwater said:

Reveal hidden contents

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to translate it!!!!!! :10742288::thanks:

My path... sitting at home with a sore hip and knee and feeling sorry for myself, I decided to look up a piece of music on youtube.  There was a skating video (pairs) on the recommends on the side, I though "that looks pretty" and clicked, and then clicked again "oh, nice", click "that costume!", click "no not interesting", click "oh I quite like that", click "oh he is... is.... OMIGOD WHO IS THAT?????"

Several hundred videos of Our Overlord, Olympic Champion, GOAT Extrairdinaire, Sendai's son and Japan's hero, World Legend, Swanyu, Ice King, Living Anime, Adorkable Dork, Lord Murderface, PPOS Prince, (all safely saved) later... I am still working on the answer.

LOL I love that the thread has turned into another "how did you become fan?" thread:10742289:

it feels like literally yesterday since I livestreamed my first iceshow and learned what the heck this rabbit thing was, now I'm kinda a veteran :laughing:

btw  @Hydroblade really thank you for pointing us to that trial app in the earlier days of the Planet (it was good while it lasted), and really thank you to all the lovely satellites who posted all the instructions and links and helped along the way, I'm still surprised at how smoothly things went even for my very first livestreaming:thanks:

thank you @sweetwater for the translation! I love how Yuzuru talks about his programs, and this especially

4 hours ago, sweetwater said:

more than anything I want to unite with the audience and the artists we are collaborating with... I mean, I'm hoping to deliver a performance the audience would love to see in each one of the shows, and hoping to deliver each performance in sync with the artists, breathing with them, sharing the same view of the world with them.

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

thinking about how deep the personal connection with ToshI became, and how much he moved everyone (ToshI included:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:), you really made it, Yuzu!:10742289:

also, it looks like the 20% talk wasn't strictly about just the 4T, but still, nice to know what we can expect when he throws out those numbers:biggrin:

20 hours ago, faeline said:

I have here 1080P Yuzu cut for Makuhari Day 1.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11aGAnpQtBK2oqsrkKdp3clFzDnkRVQrw/view?usp=sharing

Just uploaded, still processing!

Someone on another forum has asked about a copy of a Yuzu cut, would it be alright if I gave her this?  I will PM it to her rather than put the link on the forum if you wish....