Which GP(s) do you think Yuzu will choose?

Which GP(s) do you think Yuzu will choose?   

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 5/23/2019 at 11:25 PM, Katt said:

I think its tranditional SC + NHK for Yuzuru. Its a bit hard to predict for the rest because we don't know which Nathan would choose for 2nd GP, I'm gonna go with COR

SA : Nathan, Shoma

SC : Yuzuru, Kolyada

IDF : Vincent, Shoma

COC: Vincent, Boyang

COR : Nathan, Kolyada, 

NHK : Yuzuru, Boyang 

I guess these, too. I am sure USFS won't leave the chance of permanently establishing Chen as a better skater than Shoma at SA.

(for Nathan, NHK will definitely pick Yuzuru, so that one's out. I'm guessing CoC would indeed go to Zhou, so that does leave CoR for Chen)

I don’t mind if they do - we get fancams from RC and they love Yuzuru in Russia, I’d rather he went there tbh.  I hope Dai doesn’t swipe GP places from those promising young skaters who inspired him to return but JSF being what it is I expect it to happen.

6 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

I guess these, too. I am sure USFS won't leave the chance of permanently establishing Chen as a better skater than Shoma at SA.

(for Nathan, NHK will definitely pick Yuzuru, so that one's out. I'm guessing CoC would indeed go to Zhou, so that does leave CoR for Chen)

I wonder if there's any change in assignment with Shoma's sudden spilt with his coaches, given how he would get his choreo in Aug, maybe JSF would try to assign him to later GP ? If he get NHK, I think Vincent would be there. 

I dont think Dai would get NHK host spot that easy, he would need to get a decent result at senior B or local comp. There's often a private comp to decide this host spot. I think JSF will keep one NHK spot open as usual and announce it in Sept/Oct. 

8 minutes ago, Katt said:

I wonder if there's any change in assignment with Shoma's sudden spilt with his coaches, given how he would get his choreo in Aug, maybe JSF would try to assign him to later GP ? If he get NHK, I think Vincent would be there. 

Wonder if he even knew he'd be changing coaches and included those into his picks. But I actually forgot when the seeded skaters need to announce their picks.

12 minutes ago, Katt said:

I dont think Dai would get NHK host spot that easy, he would need to get a decent result at senior B or local comp. There's often a private comp to decide this host spot. I think JSF will keep one NHK spot open as usual and announce it in Sept/Oct. 

But Gracie got her spot last year.

55 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Wonder if he even knew he'd be changing coaches and included those into his picks. But I actually forgot when the seeded skaters need to announce their picks.

I remember in 2016, a few weeks before GP assigment out, Kolyada said he still wait for Yuzuru's pick (or if he wouldn't do GP at all then Kolyada will move up to top1-3seed) to decide 

49 minutes ago, Paskud said:

But Gracie got her spot last year.

JSF is not USFS. Or at least I hope JSF would give everyone a fair chance for that host spot. I read Dai's article and he mention senior B and WC, not GP. 

12 minutes ago, Katt said:

I remember in 2016, a few weeks before GP assigment out, Kolyada said he still wait for Yuzuru's pick (or if he wouldn't do GP at all then Kolyada will move up to top1-3seed) to decide  

Hmmm. Then maybe Shoma for NHK. Wonder how Nathan + Shoma's routines will fit into this.

The timing of Japanese nationals this year is so close to GPF that I honestly hope Yuzu doesn't choose or isn't allocated NHK...It will simply be too much. I never understood why Russia and Japanese like killing their skaters by placing nationals so close to GPF. Russia at least have Euro for reason, but 4CC is so far away Japanese nationals can be held later in time.

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'd be surprised if he chooses NHK now, too. :sigh:

But have they already submit their choice since the ISU meeting is starting already, or they are only submitting today? Because the nationals date only just got announced unless skaters were told in advance.