19 hours ago, mercedes said:

yes that would be the ideal solution,but can she really take a year off?

Honestly, I don't think it'll be relevant to her results.  It's all completely riding on whether she can land that quad and even then it's a long shot to podium at worlds so it's better to at least be healthy.  Back injuries are so scary because they affect so much of your movement and are hard to treat.  I don't know what it is, but I'm worried she's going to be in lifelong pain if she keeps pushing it.  

Yi Christy Leung was assigned to two GP events - Skate America (as Elizabet replacement) and host spot at China. I'm so happy for her, was hoping for it! :)

Starr got assigned to France and Megan Wessenberg to NHK as Ting's replacement (that's a bit weird decision but uh US Fed...)

Sadly, Loena withdrew from both GPs :( Emmi Peltonen will go to Rostelecom now, France replacement for her unknown for now.

I'm so sad for Korean girls not getting second GPs yet, probably too big threats to be invited... still have some hope for France. (also we don't know if Elizabet and Mai can do 2nd assigments, I hope so, but it's also likely they also WD from that...)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

It must be something serious if he is off both events. An injury?

So far no explanations, but I am afraid so. The field of men is getting thinner. So out of top six, two are out with injuries/illnesses/whatever, one is out of contention. Who does it leave us with? Nathan, Yuzu (touch wood) and Shoma? And who else?