1 時間前, Kattさんが言いました:

Host's pick  >>>>>> skater's pick. Sometime you get what you want (Kolyada), sometime you don't and I'm sure Nathan isn't the only one who didn't get the GP that he request. Javi used to do back to back event when he was WC.

Of course some people would use this for another round of lets blame X for Y's assignment :dozey:

Edit : Seem like Nathan said NHK is the best choice but the 2nd option IDF is also good. No COC because he's busy that time. He didn't mention any skater, its Jack who drag Yuzuru's name into this 

https://twitter.com/IceTimePodcast1/status/1144013509455314945

Thank you for your explanation. I really hope Jack will be more careful about what he tweets. I can read his Japanese tweets but honestly I always don't understand what he is really trying to tell us even if those are grammatically correct. And I personally don't think Yuzuru is going to have time with Jack in future (more like my hope :laughing:).

10 hours ago, Vulnavia said:

So, I realize that Nathan is the current world champion and can request any GPs that he wants, but to request not only your own home GP but also the current silver medalist's (and reigning Olympic champion's) home GP as well? That's...a choice, and I'll just say that personally I'm glad that NHK picked Yuzu. 

It's during his college break. Most likely he didn't really expect to get it but he'd have been fool if he hadn't even tried.

10 hours ago, yude said:

Thank you for your explanation. I really hope Jack will be more careful about what he tweets. I can read his Japanese tweets but honestly I always don't understand what he is really trying to tell us even if those are grammatically correct. And I personally don't think Yuzuru is going to have time with Jack in future (more like my hope :laughing:).

I have no hope in Jack, after some shady articles about Mao and his Yuzu's today tweets. He doesn't deserve to be near Yuzuru other than being the same press conference room :laughing: 

Someone on twitter point out that Nathan would miss the same amount of classes whether he's at NHK or IDF. He has break from Nov 22 afternoon, NHK is Nov 22-24, he has to be in japan a few days before for practice as well, not to mention time zone difference.

On 6/27/2019 at 1:45 AM, kaeryth said:

The dive in ratings when Yuzu's not around must've really hurt them.

:10814716:

If IdF was Nate's 2nd choice and with half time zone difference compared to nhk, it's likely he's more satisfied&chill about the assignments he got than J*ck made it sound 😅

I guess JSF in alternative could opt for Shoma+Nathan in NHK instead of IdF but it looks like the  combo wasn't as appealing

(Well I hope for media's sake and mine that Yuzuru will be in one piece and reasonably healthy)

also, I guess the Nate+Shoma combo was the second best thing that IDF organizers could get in the men's field for marketing reasons, so overall satisfying assignments for most parts involved

(not sure if Shoma is looking forward to yet another plastic star tho:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: well at least there will be beautiful medals+golden streamers in Russia) 

On 6/23/2019 at 8:10 PM, anski said:

The thing with Misha is not that he might miss GPF imho but that usually top tier 6 skaters get invited to their home countries' competition. RusFed didn't invite Misha to Rostelecom, which is just ugly. On top of that, it's true that Misha will have to face Yuzu twice so it's like they're making his GP extra difficult for no reason.

If he didn't have to beat Yuzu, he'd have to beat Nathan+Shoma or Vincent+Shoma. Those GPs he got are certainly not extra difficult for him. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...