2 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

But his chances to get to GPF are actually pretty good? He's got less stiff competition than Samarin IMO, he's got just 1 opponent at each  comp that he's unlikely to beat, whereas Samarin has 2-3. Rostelecom is a tougher field with Shoma, Zhou, Samarin and Aliev and Kvitelashvili.

I wish I could look at it optimistically, lol. But pessimist that I am, I see two years of Kolyada being against Yuzu in every GP as RusFed saying "he won't win.....just send him anyway." His career is just so frustrating to me, when he's talented enough that he should be regularly beating that entire Rostelecom men's field.

@kaeryth Thank you for bringing those charts into the thread, but honestly, I cannot look at them without getting so angry at the unfair judging last season. Any other season, fine, but after Saitama, wow, they really illustrate the unfairness.

It's such a shame, because they really help in visualizing the strengths of the field in each event, and that makes it easier to predict who we'll see in Torino. 

9 hours ago, Louitunes said:

You can fly Heathrow to Lyon it's then 20 miles and a 40 min 'ish journey to the train station which has trains to Grenoble or go by train St Pancreas by tunnel to Gare de Nord, taxi or whatever to Gare de Lyon then train Lyon to Grenoble on Eurostar.  We did the Eurostar last year you just have to be careful with connections. It's a long way to go for just a day.

Yeah I was thinking of just flying.. seems easier and quicker!

11 часов назад, Muralla17 сказал:

My God, really? I must get an instructions book somewhere beforehand. 

I think I could "solve" the cell Phone issue since I have a japanese friend... 

If you can just ask a friend to apply in the lottery for you for paper tickets,  it will be the easest way. As for instructions just read Saitama ticket thread.

4 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Yuzu, Nate, Shoma and Zhou - 90% in the final IMO

2 places left for the others.

I really can't predict the ladies. The field is insane. One wrong step and you're gone. lol

The crazy thing is: you may do all steps right and still miss the final in that ladies' field... :1:

For the first time in my life, I'm thinking about going to an ice skating competition...but being where I am (Perth, Australia) travelling time will be over 27hrs to Canada...:13877886:The price of flights around $1800 but the all event ticket that are still left around $200+ so that's not too bad. However, I'd rather go to NHK as I can see my parents then fly to Sapporo (1hr) and stay 3 nights then come back and have more time in Japan...if only I can get a ticket...:13877886::13877886:

5 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

For the first time in my life, I'm thinking about going to an ice skating competition...but being where I am (Perth, Australia) travelling time will be over 27hrs to Canada...:13877886:The price of flights around $1800 but the all event ticket that are still left around $200+ so that's not too bad. However, I'd rather go to NHK as I can see my parents then fly to Sapporo (1hr) and stay 3 nights then come back and have more time in Japan...if only I can get a ticket...:13877886::13877886:

I hope you can get one. :snonegai: Time to throw away all shame and bug everyone you know to help you try for tickets! 

39 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I hope you can get one. :snonegai: Time to throw away all shame and bug everyone you know to help you try for tickets! 

I will have to use my brother's mobile phone number or my friends' one...oh gawd I'd have to come out the closet...:13877886:

7 часов назад, BWOZWaltz сказал:

I will have to use my brother's mobile phone number or my friends' one...oh gawd I'd have to come out the closet...:13877886:

I bugged not even a close friend for WC tickets, so just go for it )))

On 6/21/2019 at 1:53 AM, fyere0 said:

I wish I could look at it optimistically, lol. But pessimist that I am, I see two years of Kolyada being against Yuzu in every GP as RusFed saying "he won't win.....just send him anyway." His career is just so frustrating to me, when he's talented enough that he should be regularly beating that entire Rostelecom men's field.

He's the best male skater Russia has atm (and has had in a bit) and they treat him like a dog. RusFed should see his talent and technique and work with him to achieve more consistency instead of always mistreating him smh