4 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

It was there last season :P

Only at the beginning. Then was popping it in competition and finally dropped at WC. Disappeared Anna's and Alexandra's -3lo combos in SP. Iirc Alyssa tried "4lz" in early competitions last summer. In summer there were rumours about Young You's and Yuna's quads. Years ago Yuna had -3lo combo. Marin tried it in past. And Rika. And I think Yelim too? And Yuhana trained 3a? And Kaori? I can remember something wrong. :scratch3:This isn't easy stuff and skaters drop it more often than not.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 12:36 PM, sallycinnamon said:

In around a month GP assignments will be published for the season 2019/20.

Those who finished Top 12 (singles) or Top 10 (ice dance) at the previous World Championships are guaranteed two spots and those who are in the Top 24 in World Standings or are in the Top 24 in the Season's Best list are guaranteed one spot.

Link to Worlds results

Link to World Standings

Link to Season Best results

GP schedule 2019/2020:

Event Date
Skate America October 18 - 20
Skate Canada October 25 - 27
Internationalux de France November 1 - 3
Cup of China November 8 - 10
Rostelecom Cup November 15 - 17
NHK Trophy November 22 - 24

Is it the ISU that makes the announcement? And how do they make it? Via their social media? 

11 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

The whole list will be published on ISU's website, their twitter and FB.

Thank you!!

11 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

The whole list will be published on ISU's website, their twitter and FB.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, kiiroitori said:

Do we think assignments will come out on the 20th or the 21st?

I'm quoting you here because it's the general discussion about GP assignments. The assignments will come out hopefully the 20th but we don't know for sure. Last year the assignments were decided on 28 June and it was published on the same day.

I think ladies will be

SkAm - Lilbet

SkCa - Medo

IdF - Alina

CoC - Lilbet

CoR - Alina

NHK - Medo

But I absolutely don't know what with 4-6 Japan ladies outside of maybe Satton at SkAm.

And I think they will spread Anna and Alexandra like in juniors, but I wonder what with Alena? I wouldn't be suprised if she will be at SkCa for a showdown between her and Medo. And that would mean no Rika there.
Alexandra might be at SkAm. USA will love to hype her quads for media.
And Anna probably at CoR because she is Russia Champion. And I have gut feeling that Alena might be there, too.

The thing with Russia ladies spots is that when you take in consideration all the skaters that have guaranteed spots due too rules, only 6 girls can have two spots (unless Fed forces someone out, like Maria who in theory should still have a spot because of world standing...). If no one is injured and Fed can't do that, I have a feeling Alena could get only one spot. I really, really hope not.

19 minutes ago, airi said:

The thing with Russia ladies spots is that when you take in consideration all the skaters that have guaranteed spots due too rules, only 6 girls can have two spots (unless Fed forces someone out, like Maria who in theory should still have a spot because of world standing...). If no one is injured and Fed can't do that, I have a feeling Alena could get only one spot. I really, really hope not. 

Kosto will have two. I'm actually trying to think which of Tukt, Samo, Med, and Zagi will lose a spot. Well, which of Tukt and Samo, really. (probably Tukt)

14 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Kosto will have two. I'm actually trying to think which of Tukt, Samo, Med, and Zagi will lose a spot. Well, which of Tukt and Samo, really. (probably Tukt)

Top 12 from Worlds has guaranteed 2 spots, so from this 4 only Liza could lose a spot, and she had second best total last year... Would they do this to her again? I think more probable is they will think of something so one of the girls who should get a spot because of SB or world standing, will... not get it, lol. Maria oraz Serafima,  who really had only this one good competition last season which earned her top 24 SB. But I'm really curious actually what they will do. I just know I want Alena and Liza with 2 spots and Gubanova with at least one.