Team France

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

The rhythm dance looks great. I wonder about that moment at 2.23 when Guillaume kneels down if it will not be considered a fall if they keep it at Finlandia?

Ohh, so great! Love it. Hands movemets in the twizzles as well as the last part - thrilling. Their team did good job with that choreo.

On 10/1/2021 at 3:00 PM, sallycinnamon said:

The rhythm dance looks great. I wonder about that moment at 2.23 when Guillaume kneels down if it will not be considered a fall if they keep it at Finlandia?

I always find it amazing how Guillaume makes Gabby look completely weightless when he picks her up. And their long,  swooping, deep edges are something else.

That being said, I can see things in this program that might still need work, especially the kneeling move in the middle...just looks like a stoppage instead of a planned  choreo. 

• 5 weeks later...
Guest turquoiseblue

Mae posted a message on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWagjINrtdY/

As you all know by now, I won’t be skating in Grenoble this week. I have been back on the ice for a month now and, even if we are seeing continuous progress, it was just not enough for me to present quality programs. So with my team and the federation, we decided to give this opportunity to another skater instead of holding on to the spot for nothing. In the meantime, here is a throwback picture in Grenoble, two years ago beautifully captured by @daejangie

I hope to see you all soon on competitive ice. And I want to wish the best of luck to all the competitors and especially to the whole French team, and of course to my bestie Vanessa.

E N J O Y

Wishing her a continued and speedy recovery :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Guest turquoiseblue

Romain Ponsart about his last GP and what's next
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWpy11foNfC/

(about the event)
I was really disappointed with myself after the SP. I told myself: "This is the last one, this needs to be perfect." I knew I was ready to do it. But I got on the ice and felt so stiff because of the pressure I put on myself. During the warm up today I felt terrible, stiff legs, it was hard to breathe. I tried not to get into the same mindset as yesterday, to focus on what I had to do, and told myself it was not so different from practice. It was @guillaume_cizeron who gave me good advice: "Just listen to your body, it knows what to do." And so I did and I really enjoyed that performance. I'm really happy I got to skate like that for my last GP in France and last GP of my skating career.

(what's next?)
We have French nationals, I will try to qualify for the Olympic Games. At the end of this season I'm going to become a figure skating coach. I would like to open a school, but I don't know where yet. I discussed it with a few places but in general this is my plan for the future. 

Guest turquoiseblue

Kevin Aymoz about his performances at Internationaux de France:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWtTBuzoCj7/

Today I'm really happy. Last three weeks I worked A LOT. I had a really bad summer, September-October was really difficult for me to get everything together. I just worked so much, but yesterday I was really stressed. Today I had nothing to lose, I just got everything together and skated. My coach was there for me yesterday night and found the right words to help me put myself together. This is my rink, I've been training here since I was 5 years old. All my friends, family, people who work at the rink were here today and I didn't want to show them a "bad Kévin". I wanted to present my training center, my rink, my country so I had to fight.

I got back to Florida two weeks before the Skate America. It's been 18-19 months that I haven't seen my coach, Silvia (Fontana). In France I was training physio and worked with Françoise (Bonnard). I'm really happy I trained with her because I have known her since I was five. But my training base is in Florida, with Silvia, these were the people who brought me to the top, to the good international level. I started working with them before the previous Olympic Games, so it's only natural to finish this Olympic cycle, four years of work, to go to the Games with them.