Team France

18 hours ago, LadyLou said:

ok, I got the event wrong for Nobu.

Still, JapanOpen doesn't count :PPPPPPPPPPP  LMAO I always forget JO exists, sorry Nobu... I feel a deja vu, pretty sure this isn't the first time I forgot what he did, my brain is just impervious to JO:tumblr_inline_mnvwrg4ssV1qz4rgp:

and even then, we're still counting people who landed backcounter3A on...3/5 of one hand:grin:

Nobu did land backcounter 3A during FaOI2018 tour. He also did SBS backcounter 3A with Yuzu as well but it probably wasn't filmed properly.

20 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Nobu did land backcounter 3A during FaOI2018 tour. He also did SBS backcounter 3A with Yuzu as well but it probably wasn't filmed properly.

:thanks:

and I'm glad that my memory is still somehow (sometimes) working:laughing:

Kevin's 3As

Euro 2017 SP (Ina Bauer into 3A)

IdF 2017 FS  (Ina Bauer into 3A)

Skate Canada 2018 SP (Back counter into 3A)

Skate Canada 2018 FS (Spread Eagle+Spread Eagle into 3A+2T)

NHK 2019 SP (Walley+Back counter into 3A)

GPF 2019 FS (Fan spiral into 3A+2T and Ina Bauer into 3A)

And OT but this is when TV Asahi failed to film rare SBS back counter 3A by Yuzu and Nobu.

Spoiler

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QrP8br6D9LZs8fk5YOPLPyImOPGhsnEb/view

They failed to capture Nobu's take-off but fans reported they both jumped from back-counter... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Anni said:
France Masters (10/1-3/Villar de l'Ant) 

with Kévin Aymoz,  Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron ....

Guest: Brendan Kerry ...

As they are on the program for Ice Academy Montréal/Jordan Ice Show on September 11th, I thought they had managed their way back to Canada, but the Masters at Villard-de-Lans are from September 24th to September 26th so?

19 hours ago, Anni said:
France Masters (10/1-3/Villar de l'Ant) 

with Kévin Aymoz,  Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron ....

Guest: Brendan Kerry ...

I'm glad that

Spoiler

there's no sign of J/C

iirc from the announcement of his program, Brendan Kerry is at Amodio academy, so I already figured he was in France. It makes all the more sense to him to be training abroad since getting in and out of Australia is...hard

Kevin was coached by Zimmerman and Fontana in the USA. I guess his stay in France is temporary and merely due to covid, but ngl, I'd LOVE it if he permanently changed coaches.

Iirc Romain Ponsart was traning under Raf, so another one stranded far from coach (is he? or has he gone to USA?)

And I'm confused about P/C. I thought they were in Montreal (and I was wondering already how they had gotten there), so do they plan to travel back to France for Masters? Now? And what about GP? If french fed wants to go on with their IdF, they need them or they will hardly have any "big" name. Will P/C stay more than one month in France away from their coaches? or do they plan more travelling back and forth?:huh:

(though if I were France I would rethink holding Masters right now)

44 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I'm glad that

Reveal hidden contents

there's no sign of J/C

iirc from the announcement of his program, Brendan Kerry is at Amodio academy, so I already figured he was in France. It makes all the more sense to him to be training abroad since getting in and out of Australia is...hard

Kevin was coached by Zimmerman and Fontana in the USA. I guess his stay in France is temporary and merely due to covid, but ngl, I'd LOVE it if he permanently changed coaches.

Iirc Romain Ponsart was traning under Raf, so another one stranded far from coach (is he? or has he gone to USA?)

And I'm confused about P/C. I thought they were in Montreal (and I was wondering already how they had gotten there), so do they plan to travel back to France for Masters? Now? And what about GP? If french fed wants to go on with their IdF, they need them or they will hardly have any "big" name. Will P/C stay more than one month in France away from their coaches? or do they plan more travelling back and forth?:huh:

(though if I were France I would rethink holding Masters right now)

Exactly (about Gabriela Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron). Puzzling. Though it is legally feasible (if they managed to enter Canada, they can leave the country whenever they want, and they don't have to self-quarantine, not even to test if things didn't change recently), and understandable if they mean to go to IdF, and not so risky if they are prudent, I don't see how they could go back to train in Montréal afterwards. Maybe they plan to train in Europe part of the (hypothetical) season?

About French CoViD policy.

Spoiler

After having taken exactly the opposite of sensible action until end of April, it seems French government is acting more reasonably now (massive testing, following, masks and social distancing). Last week we reached nearly a million tests (976,000; French numbers of tests are not reported accurately on worldometers.info) but rather on the lenient side as to testing moderately risky people, many of whom don't want and others can't because there are files for testing, and they are not considered priority (following of contact cases is much better now, though the phone app' had very little success due to privacy concerns). Most people are careful but many aren't, I think often out of lack of information because communication have always, and is still incoherent (a recent recommendation from an official body to wear masks at home with immediate family! While many people still remember masks being denigrated during months and remain on this line.) This summer there was a lot of travel and gathering without precaution, or even in very dangerous ways. It seems French government is letting it happen, considering the illness is less dangerous in summer than in winter, if there was to be a "second wave". This includes the beginning of the new school year (last Tuesday). And sports meetings. In this respect, figure skating championships are so much safer than soccer meetings, for instance, and skaters' health seems much better taken into consideration than soccer players (though the latter are at least tested often), and attendance so much less at risk, yet the level of safety depends on organisers, I suppose the organisers of the Villard-de-Lans Masters could reassure skaters with good protocols? It is special because the rink is high (1050m) which, if I understand well, makes jumps easier, hence part of the attraction? While Grenoble, at 35km by road from Villard-de-Lans, is rather low (a bit over 200m). Speaking of Grenoble, I know the local administration is very very aware about CoViD, which may ensure some safety on this respect, to skaters and teams, and to attendance if attendance is allowed, for IdF in November.

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

So logical that I wonder why they have been announced at all.

Will they attend IdF in November?

Yeah, why were they even announced? Travel restrictions aren't exactly a novelty of this week

I can't see P/C not attending IDF honestly.

If they managed to get into Canada, they should be able to go back to France, their homecountry, so travel in itself wouldn' be an issue. They would have plenty of time to quarantine and re-train before IDF, too.

They would be the major name at IDF ( Shoma might go to IDF, since it would makes sense geographically... but if NHK happens, like it looks it will from how they're testing things out with JO, I expect JSF to want him to NHK. We'll know more when ISU finally releases "assignments").

Having big names does matter to ISU and organizers, since they'll want some kind of revenue out of the event.

The other years, IDF was already a kind of "subdued" compared to the buzz of RC, NHK and whatever event Yuzu was in. This, despite having big names from Russia and Japan + Nathan. Without those names and without P/C, there would be little buzz, hovewer bad it sounds for all the (well-deserving)skaters who'll compete there.

I've heard that France wants to introduce a 7days quarantine, though

2 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Yeah, why were they even announced? Travel restrictions aren't exactly a novelty of this week

I can't see P/C not attending IDF honestly.

If they managed to get into Canada, they should be able to go back to France, their homecountry, so travel in itself wouldn' be an issue. They would have plenty of time to quarantine and re-train before IDF, too.

They would be the major name at IDF ( Shoma might go to IDF, since it would makes sense geographically... but if NHK happens, like it looks it will from how they're testing things out with JO, I expect JSF to want him to NHK. We'll know more when ISU finally releases "assignments").

Having big names does matter to ISU and organizers, since they'll want some kind of revenue out of the event.

The other years, IDF was already a kind of "subdued" compared to the buzz of RC, NHK and whatever event Yuzu was in. This, despite having big names from Russia and Japan + Nathan. Without those names and without P/C, there would be little buzz, hovewer bad it sounds for all the (well-deserving)skaters who'll compete there.

I've heard that France wants to introduce a 7days quarantine, though

To be honest, this summer France have been rather wildly open (just, one test for people coming from 16 countries, others can enter freely) and careless (particularly between mid-July and mid-August, few masks in shops even when crowded, etc) but we have also had a stupid confinement until May 11th (with police hunting people gone to walk alone or in family in open nature, to fine them) and now there are rumours... I really don't know. Germany have been so much more consistent in their policies — hence probably, at least for the two Länder collaborating to the European Mortality and Morbidity network, their total absence of excess of mortality during the peak of the epidemic, while France was seriously hit. Having so little confidence in French government, I feel unable to bet on such or such measure to be implemented. What is certain is, the disease is in a spread trend since a few weeks (not epidemic yet).

As to IdF attractiveness, I should like so much we could have Russian Ladies for instance. Even with Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron, Alina Zagitova, Alena Kostornaia and Nathan Chen, and a more efficient ticketing than previous years, they didn't sell all tickets (not only for practice...) and most were inexpensive. Well, this year, if there is attendance, there will be less tickets for sale.

The Skating Masters, which will take place from October 1 to 3 in Villars-de-Lans mark the start of the skating season. But for health reasons, the French Ice Sports Federation has decided not to invite its athletes to train abroad. The French number 1, Kevin Aymoz, remained in France at the start of the season, will be the headliner of the competition.

Given the health context, the dancers Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron, Marie-Jade Lauriault and Romain Le Gac, Julia Wagret and Pierre Souquet as well as Maé-Bérénice Méité will not be present for these Masters 2020.

Indeed, the FFSG does not want them to take the risk of traveling twice at five week intervals, the skaters then having to come to France for the French Open from November 13 to 15, 2020 (in Grenoble) and for the Elite French Championships from December 17 to 19. These two events are an integral part of the "selection path" of the benchmark competitions.

In addition, the conditions imposed by Canada (mandatory fortnight on return) and the United States (mandatory fortnight before taking a flight to this country), where they reside, would hamper their preparation.

During these 3 days of competition, the nearly 100 best French skaters in the junior and senior categories will unveil their new programs for the first time. An important deadline at the start of the season.