Team France

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, cirelle said:

What happened to Laurine Lecavalier? Is she not competing this season?

She's been struggling with an injury for a longer time now. Both her thigh (muscle tear) and her back are injured. She was only at the French test skates, after that she withdrew from both GP assignments (she was present at IdF but WD after the SP draw). 

5 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

She's been struggling with an injury for a longer time now. Both her thigh (muscle tear) and her back are injured. She was only at the French test skates, after that she withdrew from both GP assignments (she was present at IdF but WD after the SP draw). 

Oh, that’s too bad. I hope she’ll recover. Thanks tho!

Also for Euros:

Pairs: Cleo Hamon/Denys Strekalin; Coline Keriven & Noel Antoine Pierre

Danse: Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron, Adelina Galyavieva/Louis Thauron, Evgenia Lopareva/Geoffrey Brissaud

Lauriault/Le Gac being sidelined here may be the biggest upset. But another shady point, is why the French fed went over the silver medalists from Nationals (Mendoze/Kovalev who even won the free) and selected the bronze pair. They may be keeping the third spot for James/Ciprès, even if I don't think we will see them again, but that doesn't explain why bronze over silver. 

hm I know people who use drugs recreationally and cocaine is considered rather expensive so they‘d only do it on rare occasions. So I wonder if she used it in a party drug kind of situation or if it was to help her with training? I am clueless in regards to regulations... would it be considered doping? can it get her banned?

eta: I guess weight loss can be a motive, too..

4 minutes ago, robin said:

hm I know people who use drugs recreationally and cocaine is considered rather expensive so they‘d only do it on rare occasions. So I wonder if she used it in a party drug kind of situation or if it was to help her with training? I am clueless in regards to regulations... would it be considered doping? can it get her banned? 

It is a prohibited stimulant according to the World Anti-Dopping Agency: https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/wada_2020_english_prohibited_list_0.pdf

I first saw about the news about Laurine someplace else — that is pretty wild O_o (...just where did she get them from to begin with??? NO REALLY, WHERE??? (...AND I DON'T THINK COKE IS LIKE, LEGAL IN FRANCE?? (Or in Italy for that matter??) O_o o_O) ).

I am more inclined to think that she might have got it in a party situation for now, I am not sure she would really have gone through all the hassle to get some coke to just use it as a stimulant, especially when there are other more accessible choice of stimulants (...which might be legal for use for most people, but not necessarily for athletes).