Team France

• 3 weeks later...

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2019/12/10/sexual-abuse-olympic-figure-skater-coaches-being-investigated/2629777001/

The U.S. Center for SafeSport has opened an investigation into an allegation of sexual abuse of a 13-year-old American female figure skater by French Olympic pairs skater Morgan Cipres in 2017, according to the girl, her parents and emails obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

The girl and her parents also said Cipres’ coaches, John Zimmerman, a 2002 Olympian and member of the U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame, and Silvia Fontana, a 2002 and 2006 Olympian representing Italy, tried to keep the family from reporting the alleged incident to authorities by shaming and threatening the girl as Cipres, who then was 26, prepared for the 2018 Winter Olympics. 

Welp. I guess we know why James/Cipres haven't been competing this fall. According to USA Today, the girl and her family pressed charges after seeing Ashley Wagner going public with her story at the beginning of August. Just goes to show how impactful Wagners bravery is.

I really hope media don’t publicise too much detail and jeopardise any legal proceedings - I also hope they don’t dig out any of that poor child’s details and track her down.