sallycinnamon

Fantasy on Ice 2019 in TOYAMA

13 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

@Murieleirum @xeyra

the first time I saw the pic was in a now deleted tweet and I've dismissed the one person in the thread commenting it was actually a Flip as WUT?!? because there was also the boot zoomed in and I could see part of the sole, that's quite telling IMO.

I had no doubt in my mind it was a pic of 4Lz in Kobe:laughing:

I'm going to bed finally, I swear, but before that, and since no chance I'll be up in 5 hours to check the updates live, wishing Yuzuru and all the skaters to have light-hearted fun on the last show, and all ankles (especially a pair belonging to the most extra of all GOATs and that's been pretty battered recently) to be fine and perfecticly functional by the end of the show:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

also, hey, what are y'all people in my same-y timezone doind still up on a saturday night/sunday morning checking the Planet?

ok I'm not alone in this madness, good to know

:bed:

Good Night ! You can go to bed for me as well 200m from here is a big party and I could dance to the music in my bedroom if I wanted to but the music is gruesome! 

44 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

@sallycinnamon I had looked at all the pics and for some reason assumed they were from the FaOI pamphlet so I thought: ah, must be the Kobe pics of his Lz...(tho it looked like the landing wouldn't be good tbh)

only after you commented I realized they were a newspaper, so yeah, it's much more likely it was form Toyama shows

well, it wouldn't be the first time newspapers have chosen the wrong jump to dissect, it must happen to Yuzu too, now and then :xD:

eta: I know some people will laugh very LOUDLY at us having this debate F or Lz and that pic will hunt us for who knows how long, but ok, we've laughed quite a lot ourselves in other circumstances

and I'm seriously going to bed now that I have made peace with that pic:moon94:

No, it's from a daily newspaper. It's also possible they got the jump wrong, or it's really the 4Lz from Kobe and those who tweeted it were wrong. We don't know.

ETA: Apparently the caption only said it was a quadruple, but no mention which one.

34 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I'm not sure how you people are able to see the outside edge lol. I only see the skate from the side, so depending on the perception of depth it could be outside or inside edge? I mean, the quality of the photo is not even that good, or maybe I'm just not an expert but I know what's outside and inside and I just cannot see it as clearly as you guys :dislike:

29 minutes ago, xeyra said:

How can you even see an outside edge with that angle? It looks flat to me from here, because the angle of the photo doesn't really show me much.

wn7QXWK.png

Here you go. To me, from this angle it looks more outside.

26 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

As for the flip, yesterday there was definitely a tight three turn, then I get a looser three turn, then take off. On the first attempt I actually didn't see the toe pick - maybe angle, maybe I blinked - and I was all ??? again. But for the other two attempts, it was clearer. No idea about edge, but considering he's been focused on lutz for weeks, maybe it's not strange his body naturally went for a lutz edge...

Not just because he's been focusing on the Lutz, but someone who had a lip for years and had to work hard to correct the edge, it wouldn't be surprising that he'd have to work on a lot to have a decent edge when practicing a quad. It would take time.

43 minutes ago, xeyra said:

How can you even see an outside edge with that angle? It looks flat to me from here, because the angle of the photo doesn't really show me much.

The photo I'm talking about being the magazine composite of the jump posted in the previous page. If there was another photo, then I missed it!

25 minutes ago, xeyra said:

The photo I'm talking about being the magazine composite of the jump posted in the previous page. If there was another photo, then I missed it!

41 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

No, it's from a daily newspaper. It's also possible they got the jump wrong, or it's really the 4Lz from Kobe and those who tweeted it were wrong. We don't know.

ETA: Apparently the caption only said it was a quadruple, but no mention which one.

wn7QXWK.png

Here you go. To me, from this angle it looks more outside.

Not just because he's been focusing on the Lutz, but someone who had a lip for years and had to work hard to correct the edge, it wouldn't be surprising that he'd have to work on a lot to have a decent edge when practicing a quad. It would take time.

Ah, thank you,  the closeup does show the leaning outside better than the picture in its fullness. It's Schrodinger's quad: was it a Lutz or a Lip, who knows!? 😅

Just one comment re the flower crowns pic:

Spoiler

To be honest, that photo makes it look like our boy is drunk because he's sporting the crown at such a rakish angle! I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the real reason Johnny was asked to remove it. And of course that's not something a Japanese person would say straight out so Johnny was left with a misunderstanding. 

2 hours ago, LadyLou said:

tbh I thought it was a Lz not only for the ankle but also the position of both his arms and how low on his knee he was, in his triple version on the flip Yuzu is much more upright compared the Lz...

Yes, he used to be a lot more upright when he did the Flip, without that low knee, but it seems as if it had changed in the past seasons and his body position is not that upright anymore + his knee looks also lower. Just look at this Flip from this season:

Spoiler

3Imgol8.png

(GP Helsinki 3F-3T)

But his flip also looked a bit different before, from around 2017.

When I first saw the pic I also thought of a Lutz (because of the body position/low knee/arms + the edge) but it's so confusing haha. Hopefully we'll get some info, though a footage would be perfect. :D 

45 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Ah, thank you,  the closeup does show the leaning outside better than the picture in its fullness. It's Schrodinger's quad: was it a Lutz or a Lip, who knows!? 😅

That's the question :68468287:

Its Day 3 in Toyama and I wonder if 4F will behave today?

We all want it too, but if he wants more time then fine. :muahaha:

11 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Just one comment re the flower crowns pic:

Hide contents

To be honest, that photo makes it look like our boy is drunk because he's sporting the crown at such a rakish angle! I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the real reason Johnny was asked to remove it. And of course that's not something a Japanese person would say straight out so Johnny was left with a misunderstanding. 

Spoiler

He doesn't drink, so I am sure it is not the reason.

We don't know why it happened, so it's all just speculation.

Please, let's just move on. :snonegai:

Wonder if 4A 4F will make an appearance at the final show tonight.

In the corner today:

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

In the corner today:

Enjoy!