sallycinnamon

Fantasy on Ice 2019 in TOYAMA

1 hour ago, 4Nessie said:

I know this is long overdue, but still... whoever decided Scott is going to wear pink version of THAT should get a medal. I would pay to see a footage of Scott's expression when he first got his costume.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did we just get a picture of Lady Flip? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

It's a beautiful picture!

37 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Surely you don't dislike Yuzu's Sakura Fairy costume... :pouty:

I said "with some exceptions of course":knc_brian1:

pink jellyfish aka Sakura Fairy is 100% approved:tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp:

ETA:

27 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Did we just get a picture of Lady Flip? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

It's a beautiful picture!

what? I thought that was a pic of his Lz...if it's a flip then that's pretty much an e IMO, the left ankle looks bended outwards...why would they do a frame by frame of that? or were those saying he jumped a Lz right and the others just got confused by the entry? Or was it really a 4Fe? Hey, Yuzu could be the first guy to jump a 4Lz out of steps LMAO even if maybe he didn't meant it to be a Lz:tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg:

what does the caption say?

tbh I thought it was a Lz not only for the ankle but also the position of both his arms and how low on his knee he was, in his triple version on the flip Yuzu is much more upright compared the Lz...

and I was just going to turn off the phone and go to sleep but now I need to know:facepalm: this timing:14066882:

If that’s a flip, it’s a 4Fe. Looks like a pretty clear outside edge to me. (Also looks like it might be a 4Fe< but hard to tell exactly, looks like it’s about a quarter short.)

Maybe start with the 4Lz next season and add in 4F once you’ve tamed it more, Yuzu. :68468287:

Edit: with my limited Japanese skills, I can tell you the caption talks about a quad jump but doesn’t say what it is. I think I see “Toyama” somewhere in there too.

47 minutes ago, mercedes said:
  Скрыть контент

sorry just my two cent...I don't hate Johnny I've always loved his skating(and i don't have a problem with his comment praising Nathan ,like you I appreciate honesty)I just think  he's just trying to stir things up and it's not helping...the letter clearly addressed to Evgenia was not something to post on sns.Not because it puts Fanyus on bad light but because it validates ,in the best case scenario, a troll ,in the worst,a serious sociopath ...such a thing should be handled by professionals alone....support her in other ways but leave such a thing outside the  internet.(I hope Evgenia has security and is well protected btw).

Also I don't see Yuzuru like a child who does everything he's been told...I don't know why his management asked Johnny to delete the pic (I can only speculate which is uselss), but still the message could have been phrased differently and in a less vague way.If this way was deliberate or not I don't know because then of course Johnny had some  bad experiences and maybe he overreacted which is human.

But also he's a grown up man ,a little bit more of controll wouldn't hurt.

Of course this is my opinion and I hope i'm wrong but surely I'm not some child who hates Johnny just because he dared to say Nathan is better then Yuzuru.

Again sorry...it seems I can't shut up today.

Spoiler

I don't have an issue with Johnny saying that Yuzu won't win over Nathan - honesty is all good, and in the end Johnny was right, Yuzu, as he was at WC, wasn't able to win over Nathan. Moreover, Johnny doesn't have to like or prefer Yuzu as a skater or as a person. He doesn't have to like Yuzu or be nicer to him than he usually is to others just because Yuzu likes him, or feel grateful or obliged because of Yuzu's tribute. Liking Johnny and making the tribute were Yuzu's choices, and Johnny is not responsible for that. However, not giving Yuzu any preference at the moment of Nathan's triumph (Nationals) and then turning around and calling Yuzu his idol at FAOI - that I have an issue with. That - both at Nationals and at FAOI - looks like being calculating to me. Though I could be biased and certainly lacking information.

13 minutes ago, river said:

If that’s a flip, it’s a 4Fe. Looks like a pretty clear outside edge to me. (Also looks like it might be a 4Fe< but hard to tell exactly, looks like it’s about a quarter short.)

Maybe start with the 4Lz next season and add in 4F once you’ve tamed it more, Yuzu. :68468287:

:embSwan:

yeah, definitely no ready for that, Yuzuru needs more training

but hey, I insist, it could be a Lz out of steps...if he can add a 3T to his first Lz he can go for a 4Fe second 4Lz instead of repeating the 4T and panel would be happy and just mark a 2nd jump as a Lz and everyone would be :bow: because YEAH 4Lz out of double 3s!!! insane, right? :laughing:

ok maybe I've jinxed it the moment I said I thought a mere ! was more likely:dontdothistome:

I really hope there is no more unnecessary drama from anyone.  I hope everyone understands “the management” (LOL sounds like the mafia) and we have a happy FaOI finale in Toyama. 

I just scrolled through pages and pages of my beloved PH for a video of the 4F, hoping it was true but not true, only to find Johnny drama discussions.  

I agree we don’t know other people’s intentions and I trust Yuzu and his management will do what is right for him.  

I’ve been enjoying everyone’s comments, cringing with every 4Lutz, :snonegai:that his ankle is healthy.  He is so kuyashii right now, I’m scared he will overdo it and hurt himself again.  I know he told us to take this journey with him and I’m trying.  BUT 4F, really YuZu?!?! You really are trying to push us to :13877886::13877886::13877886:.

That's a deep outside edge on this photo, it has to be Lutz. If it'supposed to be a flip, then... a loooot of work on that still. No wonder, it has to be hard for Yuzu who always had to work to keep that edge in check, especially when he recently trained 4Lz so intensely.

But you know, he will get it, I know he will. It may be just a little bit longer process, because he wouldn't put it in the program when it's not to his standards, and we know his standards are higher than the judges'.

33 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

what? I thought that was a pic of his Lz...if it's a flip then that's pretty much an e IMO, the left ankle looks bended outwards...why would they do a frame by frame of that? or were those saying he jumped a Lz right and the others just got confused by the entry? Or was it really a 4Fe? Hey, Yuzu could be the first guy to jump a 4Lz out of steps LMAO even if maybe he didn't meant it to be a Lz:tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg:

what does the caption say?

tbh I thought it was a Lz not only for the ankle but also the position of both his arms and how low on his knee he was, in his triple version on the flip Yuzu is much more upright compared the Lz...

and I was just going to turn off the phone and go to sleep but now I need to know:facepalm: this timing:14066882:

The picture is from today's newspaper so it is likely that all pictures in it are from the Toyama shows, but I don't know for sure. The edge definitely looks more outside.

This person also tweeted that it's a Flip, but I don't know what's written in the newspaper. Hopefully someone will tell what it was. :) 

27 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

I just scrolled through pages and pages of my beloved PH for a video of the 4F, hoping it was true but not true

now maybe we have frame by frame pic of 4F BUT there's an outside edge that shouldn't be there:laughing:

the mysteries of Hanyu(would explain why people were so cofused the first day LMAO when watching live I usually watch the entry rather than the edge itself, it's usually more reliable RE: what the skater meant to do, and what the panel will call, and you don't even need to be in a special position to see it properly...maybe some people on the first day only watched the entry and thought, as all of us: ah it's a F then, but some were focusing on the edge instead and went WUT. Well, on the second day one report was very detailed with 4Fe, 1F, 4F! so there's that too)

btw I've checked side by side  the body position right before take off of that "maybe 4F" with one of his Masquerade "yeah it's a 3F" and it still looks more upright in the 3F, but it could be

1) different frame (since I actually need to go to sleep, I just got max slowmo on my player, I haven't even used my editing program that's more accurate)

2) in the quad version it's likely Yuzu will sink more on the knee to get more spring

conclusion: LOL

@sallycinnamon I had looked at all the pics and for some reason assumed they were from the FaOI pamphlet so I thought: ah, must be the Kobe pics of his Lz...(tho it looked like the landing wouldn't be good tbh)

only after you commented I realized they were a newspaper, so yeah, it's much more likely it was form Toyama shows

well, it wouldn't be the first time newspapers have chosen the wrong jump to dissect, it must happen to Yuzu too, now and then :xD:

eta: I know some people will laugh very LOUDLY at us having this debate F or Lz and that pic will hunt us for who knows how long, but ok, we've laughed quite a lot ourselves in other circumstances

and I'm seriously going to bed now that I have made peace with that pic:moon94:

I'm not sure how you people are able to see the outside edge lol. I only see the skate from the side, so depending on the perception of depth it could be outside or inside edge? I mean, the quality of the photo is not even that good, or maybe I'm just not an expert but I know what's outside and inside and I just cannot see it as clearly as you guys :dislike:

How can you even see an outside edge with that angle? It looks flat to me from here, because the angle of the photo doesn't really show me much.

To be fair, the costume was more red than pink.

And yes, Javi wore the purple one, just like Yuzu, and looked great in it!

@mercedes

Spoiler

I didn't mean that everyone who had issues with Johnny hated him because of his comments, but many seemed to and I got sick of it, so I probably exagerated a bit, too. Sorry for that!

@Shimmering

Spoiler

I actually don't have an issue with Johnny calling Yuzu his idol. It is possible for someone to love two skaters at the same time, even two as different as Yuzu and Nathan. We don't know why Johnny calls Yuzu his idol. It might not even have anything to do with skating. Or he might have just done it for the likes. But whatever it is, he has the right to say it and it's not impossible he means it. It's not like Yuzu idolized Johnny because he thought Johnny was rhe best ever. He idolizef him for some things and Plush for others and then had time to admire and appreciate others as well.

As for the flip, yesterday there was definitely a tight three turn, then I get a looser three turn, then take off. On the first attempt I actually didn't see the toe pick - maybe angle, maybe I blinked - and I was all ??? again. But for the other two attempts, it was clearer. No idea about edge, but considering he's been focused on lutz for weeks, maybe it's not strange his body naturally went for a lutz edge...

@Murieleirum @xeyra

the first time I saw the pic was in a now deleted tweet and I've dismissed the one person in the thread commenting it was actually a Flip as WUT?!? because there was also the boot zoomed in and I could see part of the sole, that's quite telling IMO.

I had no doubt in my mind it was a pic of 4Lz in Kobe:laughing:

I'm going to bed finally, I swear, but before that, and since no chance I'll be up in 5 hours to check the updates live, wishing Yuzuru and all the skaters to have light-hearted fun on the last show, and all ankles (especially a pair belonging to the most extra of all GOATs and that's been pretty battered recently) to be fine and perfecticly functional by the end of the show:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

also, hey, what are y'all people in my same-y timezone doind still up on a saturday night/sunday morning checking the Planet?

ok I'm not alone in this madness, good to know

:bed: