sallycinnamon

Fantasy on Ice 2019 in MAKUHARI

11 minutes ago, Sabrina said:

OMG and I thought the photo with Anna is already illegal. Watching it in motion pictures makes it even better :ohmygod:

As I said it +50 pages before: Yuzu always gives 120% :xD:

hace 3 minutos , PapiandPooh422 said:

OH MY GOOOOD!!! FOR THE FIRST TIME I WANNA SWITCH SOULS WITH SOMEONE! ANNA PLEASE!!! :10636614:

:hihi: :biggrin:

hace 6 minutos , rockstaryuzu said:

I take back what I just said. I love this costume, Yuzu makes it look so good. 

Sorry I missed the actual event this morning...had a sucky morning that started with an unexpected visit from the guy who services my air conditioner.... apparently I made an appointment with him but had forgotten about it..so no Planet for me until now. 

good luck catching up with all threads today! :68468287:

22 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I'm wishing you good night with this gif:

I think I'll wake up for 40 new pages in the thread :laughing:

This costume is a bit Michael Jackson, but in the best possible way

40 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Reveal hidden contents

GAME OF PODIUMS

Coaches: When you do a clean program runthrough, you get to ring THE TCC RINK BELL so everyone knows! 

Javi: Sure hope I ring THE BELL today!

Jun: I'm gonna ring THE BELL!

Jason: I rang THE BELL for the first time last week, I was so excited!

Yuzuru: ...

Javi/Jun/Jason: *does clean runthrough and happily rings bell*

Coaches: :knc_brian2:

Yuzuru: THE BELL-- *head snaps up* *pupils dilate* *fists clench* :knc_yuzu1::salty::hachimaki::003:

Spoiler

Yeap, and burn them all with the flying fire glove...

That would be the best season ever! I am writing an anime request right know!:rofl:

finally back to the Planet for another round of gushing:biggrin: (also, yay 4T! tho...Zuzu I know you can do better 4Ts...but I love how he was like screw the landing I'm still gonna do that kick!)

re:Masquerade (or are we really calling the program POTO2? I suppose when we'll settle this it will be time for me to go update glossary)

The tight-fitting costume and the colours really did wonders (or Yuzu did wonders) and now I'm  loving it now! For sure this new EX is making photographers and publishers happy, I mean...THOSE PICS!!!!! :knc_tracy1: and the program! so much DRAMA! tbh it would be even too much drama for my taste, but Yuzu just makes everything feel passionate and real  :fire:

And the glove throw really looks like he wants to slap ISU or something LOL it's what they deserve and whoa this is Dragon!Zu awakened roaring his challenge (but please take it easy Zuzu please you need to be in one piece next season, for the whole season!)

I love one (1) dramatic boy:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

but if there's gonna be another EX for Kobe, it will likely be something more on the quiet side... tbh the intensity of this Masquerade is almost scary to me:smiley-scared003: so while I'd love if he went rock-ish for the new season, I kinda hope it will be slighlty less dark and all-consuming (for my own sanity:tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:) (something a bit more playful like LGC or Change, tho maybe Yuzu would feel more comfortable skating to fiery programs in comp, rather than light-hearted ones)

6 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Those were like... half-sit twizzles. Slight-squat twizzles. 

:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw: I love them

but also, WHRE ARE MY TWIRLY TWIRLY ARMS???? I needed to gif them like YESTERDAY and stare at them for like a weekend but can't make a decent gif with all the darn subtitles jpn tv put on the practice footage :gaah:

#fanyuproblems

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

For me it feels like:

"ISU, I WARNED YOU NOT TO WAKE THE DRAGON... TOO BAD FOR YOU, BECAUSE YOU'VE WOKEN THE DRAGON... EVENTUALLY... AND NOW I'LL BURN YOU ALL."

:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

I suppose feeling proud isn't the right reaction...but who cares! I have embraced madness when a certain alien's gravitational pull captured me  long ago:smiley-happy093:

6 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

(This gesture is cursed for me, please don't do it bby)

oh boy...

OH BOY

:10742290:

Long time no see, this is Hydro's keyboard speaking again

I'm back from war, people. The Hanyu repaired my squish box

#relatable x 100 :10814716:

also, I have missed you, Hydro's keyboard:laughing:

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Whenever he falls, his right foot is somehow buried under him and it looks twice as awkward than falls from other skaters... or is that just my worried fanheart?

If he really plans to go for these monsters in competition, it might be a wise idea to work on a proper fall-technique that protects him from serious damage, what do you think?

under spoiler not to ruin the happy mood

Spoiler

I think it's something that happens only when he URs the jumps (and indeed all his ruinous falls happened like that, on UR attempts, and landings like the one of that UR 4S at WC are the most scary-looking to me, I cringe just thinking about that poor ankle down there).

I mean, we've seen enough falls in the past that didn't looked nearly as scary, so tbh I don't know how much can be done when the foot is stook under the body like that.

iirc (but I could be wrong) someone (Yuzu?) said how he had attempted protecting his body in that NHK17 fall. I think a photographer or a commentator had also commented that a similar fall on the "harder" ice at COR maybe would have not resulted in such a severe injury, because the softer ice had made the blade "stuck" under the body, so Yuzu couldn't move the foot from under his body (tho I'm not sure about the dynamics).

So really to avoid such falls Yuzu should just avoid landing underrotated jumps (and I guess popping a jump is the solution) but that's just not realistic, especially when Yuzuru wants to get the 4Lz back.

At a point, popping can become a mental block so I can rationalize why he isn't keen on giving up mid jump if he think he has some chance. If he wants the jump by next season, and everything seems to point out he's really set on getting it back, he will need to go for the jump and risk UR, and risk injury.

This particular attempt maybe could have been better popped (since it was badly UR) but he was determined not to and tbh I don't even know if I can fault him. If he has good results in training (and I'm assuming he does, because current Yuzu just isn't that reckless) the next step is trying it in front of audience (tho ice show rinks wouldn't be my choice :sigh:).

Yuzuru has talked about considering the risk of injury already, about how he can't just blindly go for quads because his body is "frail" compared to younger skaters (or just skaters blessed with stronger ankles, iirc flexibility could entail higher risk of injury, too) so I think he's more than aware that a jump like the one he fell onto can result in bad injury.

If there is a way to minimize a damage, I'm pretty sure he has already found it (I guess one also entails growing some muscles to protect his ligaments and bones) and risk will never be 0

personally tho, while these falls (where the leg kinda crunches under the skater) frighten me, those that really stop my heart are those "face first" where it really looks like skaters risk smacking their faces on the ice. I think Shoma had a couple of those this season? and also some of Sasha's and Anna's falls on their quads looked really scary too, like they were slamming on the ice with their whole body (and it looks even worse since they look so tiny). I'm sure there were quite a few more at WC or WTT tbh I remeber freaking out:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

(and well, Anna Pogorilaya had some of the scariest falls ever, I guess the risk of a serious concussion was what made them so awful to look at)

4 hours ago, Bilge said:

Its POTO but its R&J rage i’m seeing

:smiley-laughing021:

it feels like it has some of that fire and oc the DRAMA!

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Folks, maybe we totally misunderstood the meaning of "the gauntlet"...

Hide contents

Remember this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/864011132582940672

What if Yuzu threw down the gauntlet to Maxim and pulled out all the stops with the manliest costume, skating and flirting that he could offer? :LOL:

maybe for Kobe and Toyama, where V/T will skate, Yuzu will troll Maxim and go back to spring fairy:P

anyway, if I think about the lovley, weightless spring fairy I have hard time reconciling that image with this smoldering and almost menacing guy who looks like he's after our souls...:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: just...cognitive dissonance. I mean, yeah, I know, of ourse I do, Otonal and Origin are already reaaaaaaally different, but HYK and Masquerade are...somehow even "worse", my brain just fails to understand:Poohgaveup:

(a bit unrelated but he really could skate the best villain program ever, those eyes really look like they want to mercilessly steal your soul...time to rememeber why poor Dima Aliev said they were scared to meet Yuzuru's gaze LOL)

3 hours ago, mercedes said:

Ok my first thought was startrek red shirt(sorrynotsorry)but looking at the other pics it's really a cool one and he looks very very good

it reminded me a lot of last FaOI Op costume (the space/jedi ones), but much improved... I thought being POTO there would be some...frills LOL but the modern look IMO fits the song better...well, his old POTO costumes were nothing like the Swan or HYK so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised:tumblr_inline_n2pjd43gf91qdlkyg:

28 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

The first day of Makuhari is always extra intense because everyone is eagerly waiting for infos about programs, costumes, all the updates :laughing:  This day is not disappointing, we have around 48 new pages only today!

From the news clips we've seen this is a new level of dramatic Yuzu :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:I love how he threw down his gloves ha :laughing: And he's not just dramatic but it seems he matured (again) a lot since the last time we saw him. :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: 

I already like the program a lot but I can't wait for the whole thing (Monday can't come soon enough). 

And about 4Lz, I thought we have to wait a bit more for attempts, but it's Yuzu, he always surprises us with something :D I hope he takes care of himself tomorrow and Sunday. <3 

great summary of the day:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

25 minutes ago, Fay said:

Almost wish Yuzu could skate a dragon program... 

why 'almost'?:graucho:

10 minutes ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

OH MY GOOOOD!!! FOR THE FIRST TIME I WANNA SWITCH SOULS WITH SOMEONE! ANNA PLEASE!!! :10636614:

hey, I only grinned and cooed like a proud elder sis watching her bb brother growing up nicely

I suppose I've reached my saturation point with the EX so gentleman Zuzu with Anna feels kinda :tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp:  now

27 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I'm wishing you good night with this gif:

I think I'll wake up for 40 new pages in the thread :laughing:

OMG THIS GIF!!!!!!!!!!!!

:10742290::10742290::10742290::10742290::10742290:

I knew I needed it in my life, but the full scene is just...so.much.more:tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:

gosh I need to go to sleep what am I still doing here argh sorry if my replies are messy no time to check LOL gotta run to sleep :bed:

14 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

:hihi: :biggrin:

good luck catching up with all threads today! :68468287:

I'll do it! I'm determined! :hachimaki: It'll be my 4A. :68468287:

Wow, I'm loving the ferocity we're getting in Makuhari!  Wonder how many satellites will still be alive by the time competition season starts.  It does feel like Yuzuru is getting ready to soar to new heights... it's both terrifying and thrilling to watch!  Also, I neeeed the full POTO program nowww.  :68556365:

I’m so enjoying the clips and everyone’s reactions. I’m just happy he looks so healthy.

Thanks to everyone posting videos(snippets they may be til the full broadcast):wut:

I can’t say enough about POTO 2.0, everything about it :img_21::tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

At this rate, PH needs a Makuhari part II, it’s only 6 hour away!!!:happydance:

26 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

OMG and I thought the photo with Anna is already illegal. Watching it in motion pictures makes it even better :ohmygod:

Seeing the full thing makes wonder if Yuzu's been taking tips from Scott in how to smoulder on ice...I mean, that was just -!!! 

Clutches heart

faints

:13877886:

hace 1 minuto , SuperMin said:

At this rate, PH needs a Makuhari part II, it’s only 6 hour away!!!:happydance:

:13877886::10640793::10640793:ahhhhhh what? only 6 hours? I have to go to sleep now!!!!

11 hours ago, Henni147 said:

You can say about the costumes whatever you want. They're exciting enough to give us discussion material for 31 pages. :xD:

Well, in the media world, they say: bad news are good news. I guess the figure skating equivalent to this would be: the uglier and more horrible the costumes, the more attention and topics of conversation.

But seriously, one could think some of the skaters have a bet running who wins the prize for worst costume. :hihi:

11 hours ago, shanshani said:

True. The floral thing is still hideous though. I vote Yuzu just ditches it and wears the mesh thing only.

The organizers wouldn't allow that, though. Too much of a health hazard to the fans. :pouty: