sallycinnamon

Fantasy on Ice 2019 in MAKUHARI

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

I don't think that is an option. They use very different jump techniques. And when you've spent years doing something one way, unlearning is almost impossible. Look how tough it is for other skaters to correct an edge or under rotation issue. Yuzu can't start doing small jump + fast rotation without spending a significant amount of time training on that, if it is even possible (personally I don't think it is but I could be wrong).

I think you are right :2:

I rewatched two programs many times today. Still love both programs , but I found crystal memory is more connected  and fluid. As someone in this thread  said, more well constructed.  Sacred,peaceful but heightened to note.

Masquerade is definetly more dramatic and theatrical program. But a little rough, too. I want to see polished version. Can't wait to see those programs this week again!

Well personally I love both in different ways...I can't say which one I like better! It might be Crystal Memories because I just love that style, and it's purely Yuzu's style, but Masquerade is pure hotness so there's that....I feel like I can only take Masquerade in small doses otherwise it's too much so I prefer to see CM as ex don't kill me :smiley-scared008:

I came home from work just now: it was a long day and I was waiting to get home to watch Masquerade and CM again...:-)

And now I watched it with subtitles on, and I find it even more haunting..

omg, omg, omg...

4 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Toshi posted a new blog. I'll leave translating the whole thing to someone better, but one thing he said that had me :knc_yuzu1: is that apparently, they were supposed to do Crystal Memories on Day 1 and it was Yuzu who asked to do Masquerade instead.

I wonder the reason. Maybe he suddenly decided to perform Crystal Memories only on the day of the choreographer’s birthday?

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Brian talks about the TCC rink here.

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you very much! :agree: That's exactly what I was looking for.

Do you think it's risky to practice on such a special ice with sand under it? I mean, it's cool, if you can land all your jumps at home in practice, but it must be annoying, if competitive ice rinks react differently and you have to adjust everything within 1-2 days before competition...

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

It might be Crystal Memories because I just love that style, and it's purely Yuzu's style,

I like Crystal Memories better for now, because I like the range of movement he's showing in it. I really like the delayed single axel into the delayed single split loop (into back knee slide :laughing: ). In general, I wish the skaters would show this kind of stuff more. They're capable of it, we even saw Jason and Boyang doing fun stuff in Ice Fantasia (and Lambiel's done a tuck 2T before)... But I guess what's the point when the judges don't care.

I think Crystal Memories would be more likely as an ex, if ex = parting gift to fans... It's so pure, beautiful, and heartwarming. I would love to see Masquerade as SP!

3 hours ago, raebia said:

I came home from work just now: it was a long day and I was waiting to get home to watch Masquerade and CM again...:-)

omg, omg, omg...

Oh so this is what Toshl is really singing about(the translation I found was totally wrong then) :I love this everyday more:tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

Thank you for sharing 

10 hours ago, raebia said:

omg, omg, omg...

WOW!!! :10742290: 

I really don't know if there's any chance he'll do some version of Masquerade in competition but WE JUST HAVE TO HOPE FOR MERCY!! :10742290: (meaning, he'll keep it and kill us all) It would be such a waste to end this performance at ice shows, already SO MUCH FAN ART, surely he has to use it!

Has Jeffrey Buttle ever choreographed anything BUT a SP for Yuzu?? Didn't Yuzu say he had to get the choreo from Jeff remotely due to Jeff's (?) injury? Seems a tad odd to go to that much trouble for a program Yuzu only plans to skate for a couple shows? Surely Yuzu could've choreo'd it himself, in that case? You see, I am very talented at self-delusion, especially in matters regarding Our Prince!!! I'll be in the corner praying for Mercy and watching this video, until August(?) Media day...

p.s. I ordered one of those Toshi Pooh shirts

p.p.s it was my husband's idea swear to god!

1 hour ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

WOW!!! :10742290: 

I really don't know if there's any chance he'll do some version of Masquerade in competition but WE JUST HAVE TO HOPE FOR MERCY!! :10742290: (meaning, he'll keep it and kill us all) It would be such a waste to end this performance at ice shows, already SO MUCH FAN ART, surely he has to use it!

Has Jeffrey Buttle ever choreographed anything BUT a SP for Yuzu?? Didn't Yuzu say he had to get the choreo from Jeff remotely due to Jeff's (?) injury? Seems a tad odd to go to that much trouble for a program Yuzu only plans to skate for a couple shows? Surely Yuzu could've choreo'd it himself, in that case? You see, I am very talented at self-delusion, especially in matters regarding Our Prince!!! I'll be in the corner praying for Mercy and watching this video, until August(?) Media day...

p.s. I ordered one of those Toshi Pooh shirts

p.p.s it was my husband's idea swear to god!

I agree. On the other hand, this season we have new kuyashii Yuzu and we probably have no idea, what is going to happen. He could do CM as a short and choose Carmen for the free skate (please, don't)... I mean, he went a bit crazy after last season - and it is Yuzuru, after all. :darklordyuzu:

Whatever is he doing, I support it. If I don't see Masquerade ever again, I am going to rewatch FaoI version "until my last days".