yuzuangel

2019 Autumn Classic International - Tickets and Discussion!

yeah, I didn’t receive the email either. I wonder if there’s a different email list??

I think their mailing list system is pretty bad overall. For worlds sales, I got the email 2 days after :3:

If I recall correctly, the only difference in getting an all event ticket versus single day tickets was that there was only one wristband needed for those with all event tickets, while there was a separate colored wristband for those with individual day tickets. I think in theory, the idea behind this is that you'd have to queue up to get a new wristband every day of competition before entering the rink to find a seat (hence making the all event ticket slightly more convenient on top of VERY slightly cheaper). From what I remember though, last year anyone who had bought tickets to all three days were able to just get the single all event wristband anyway. Maybe this year they'll be more strict with their policies? Can anyone else who went to ACI last year confirm? Asking because it seems they might be holding all event tickets until the general sale on Friday.

it’s worth keeping in mind that the original Skate Canada post was about the Friday sale and didn’t mention the presale at all, so it’s not necessarily saying there WON’T be all-events at the presale.

Yes I think they just gave an all event wrist band to people who had single day tickets. However, I much prefer a different band per day because that thing gets pretty mangled after 3 days. Not sure if they’ll have each days wristband start Wednesday where I could just collect them all at once. 

On 6/7/2019 at 1:59 PM, Songster01 said:

Just a quick note that I have 2 tentative buyers for the tickets.  Sorry I had to step away to deal with medical phone calls and then suddenly I was swamped with requests.  I will try to reply in a bit and will confirm once they are officially gone.

Please do keep checking the ticket site, as SC has a habit of releasing at least a second wave of tickets after the first.  As of a few minutes though it looks like only Thursday left.

BTW, I got no e-mail and I did get notices from SC previously.  So there may be another more public pre-sale before the on one the 14th.  Wishing everyone who wants 'em gets the tickets! :balloons-smiley:

Just a further update that my two full sets of tickets have been officially paid for.  Glad to hear another pre-sale is in the works and I hope everyone who plans to buy tickets gets them at the pre- or main sale.  Disappointed to see Skate Canada's e-mail list is being so weird. I live in Canada and have belonged to the list for over a year and I still have not received a notice of this Thursday's sale.  It doesn't matter that I was able to get tickets earlier.  If I had been less lucky I would absolutely want that news well before the sale to plan my schedule.

Good luck, everyone! :SunFace:

8 minutes ago, aisthuu said:

it’s worth keeping in mind that the original Skate Canada post was about the Friday sale and didn’t mention the presale at all, so it’s not necessarily saying there WON’T be all-events at the presale.

Actually I plugged in the code to see what happened and there weren’t any all event tickets listed in the ticket list, only single day, so I’m going to guess that this presale only is selling single day tickets unless they add something between now and the 13th. 

17 minutes ago, DSkies said:

If I recall correctly, the only difference in getting an all event ticket versus single day tickets was that there was only one wristband needed for those with all event tickets, while there was a separate colored wristband for those with individual day tickets. I think in theory, the idea behind this is that you'd have to queue up to get a new wristband every day of competition before entering the rink to find a seat (hence making the all event ticket slightly more convenient on top of VERY slightly cheaper). From what I remember though, last year anyone who had bought tickets to all three days were able to just get the single all event wristband anyway. Maybe this year they'll be more strict with their policies? Can anyone else who went to ACI last year confirm? Asking because it seems they might be holding all event tickets until the general sale on Friday.

I went last year with three tickets from different sources (bought at least one myself, bought 1-2 from others) and I was given the same bracelet as the all-event ticketholders, likely because I had all 3 tickets with me.  It saved time because I didn't have to line up again before going inside.  Since the cost of the all-event this year is the same as buying all 3 of the individual tickets, I would hope they would treat them the same if you have bought all 3 single tickets.  But who knows what will actually happen on Thursday morning of the event.

Same official massage came an hour ago:yahoo:

I hope everyone goes well on that day :smiley-angelic001:

Last year, I paid for my ACI tickets with PayPal. Does Eventbrite accept credit cards?

9 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Last year, I paid for my ACI tickets with PayPal. Does Eventbrite accept credit cards?

Eventbrite made me pay with PayPal, but I used my credit card with PayPal so it still charged my credit card ultimately. 

53 minutes ago, kiches said:

Eventbrite made me pay with PayPal, but I used my credit card with PayPal so it still charged my credit card ultimately. 

Thank you @kiches!

After posting that query, I opened a PayPal account linked to my credit card. I had closed my old PayPal account when some of my accounts were hacked last year.

The last thing I wanted to find myself doing on June 13 was screwing around opening a PayPal account!

17 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Thank you @kiches!

After posting that query, I opened a PayPal account linked to my credit card. I had closed my old PayPal account when some of my accounts were hacked last year.

The last thing I wanted to find myself doing on June 13 was screwing around opening a PayPal account!

Yikes!

I do believe PayPal can handle the payment as a guest vs creating an account, but it may be better to have one at least when purchasing so you can track if anything goes wrong.