yuzuangel

2019 Autumn Classic International - Tickets and Discussion!

33 minutes ago, swan_queen said:

Sorry if this was already talked about earlier in this thread, but I was wondering if ACI has rules about throwing things (i.e. Pooh bears) out onto the ice after skates?? 

Skate Canada updated their FAQ online a while ago, I’d recommend taking a look at it for those who haven’t checked it in a while, should answer most questions about gifts and cameras, but no gifts on ice. 

https://skatecanada.ca/2019-autumn-classic-international/

I’d say last year gifts on the ice was a bit of an anomaly, the prior ACIs I’d been to in Montreal didn’t allow it either and I swear last year the website maybe didn’t mention it. In fact there weren’t really gifts thrown on ice until a fan made an example of it by throwing toys for everyone on day 1. I understand her good intentions to support everyone (she was a skater herself) but I think after everyone saw that they went out to get plush toys to throw to skaters the following days and Skate Canada wasn’t prepared to handle that volume. 

Ah okay thanks for the info. This is my first time ever attending a competition so I was really hoping to be able to finally throw a Pooh!  :2:

6 hours ago, Kimzizi said:

For the camera, is ok if I use Sony RX10 M4? As it’s not with detachable lens. So it won’t be counted as professional camera?

It's okay. Although they might stop you at the gates because your camera looks a bit bulky. If they do, just tell them that its lens are not detachable.

Hi everyone! I have a set of ACI ticket for sale. Please dm me if you are interested. :)

46 minutes ago, yuzu87 said:

Hi everyone! I have a set of ACI ticket for sale. Please dm me if you are interested. :)

Just DMd you

On 9/8/2019 at 2:54 PM, kiches said:

I’d say last year gifts on the ice was a bit of an anomaly, the prior ACIs I’d been to in Montreal didn’t allow it either and I swear last year the website maybe didn’t mention it. In fact there weren’t really gifts thrown on ice until a fan made an example of it by throwing toys for everyone on day 1. I understand her good intentions to support everyone (she was a skater herself) but I think after everyone saw that they went out to get plush toys to throw to skaters the following days and Skate Canada wasn’t prepared to handle that volume. 

I know I saw a comment later last year somewhere on Twitter saying that gift-tossing wasn't supposed to happen at ACI and the volunteers weren't prepared. I daresay there will be people flouting the rules and tossing Poohs anyway, though. 

54 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I know I saw a comment later last year somewhere on Twitter saying that gift-tossing wasn't supposed to happen at ACI and the volunteers weren't prepared. I daresay there will be people flouting the rules and tossing Poohs anyway, though. 

Remember that there will be containers at the Skate Canada desk/info center (?) for fans to leave cards and gifts and Poohs for the skaters.  I hope they have a HUGE box for Yuzuru.  I actually think that a card, with a little Pooh or no Pooh, has a better chance of getting to Yuzu (or his mother) than anything thrown onto the ice, especially since these things have a much better chance of being sorted through by his mother or sister and possibly getting to Yuzuru - since they only need to load some things into a van and drive them back across Toronto.  So - my card will go into the box. I do imagine that many, many Poohs will still hit the ice, regardless of the rules.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think there may have been some confusion since last year their website didn’t specifically say no tossing gifts on ice. I believe a fan may have asked Skate Canada last year and they said it was ok so a couple people brought things to toss on the first day, and when people saw that they quickly grabbed other things to toss the following days since it appeared to be allowed.  Simple “please leave all gifts at the desk” announcement should help minimize that problem I hope. 

Looking for Saturday ticket for ACI, if you are celling, please PM me. Thankyou:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: