yuzuangel

2019 Autumn Classic International - Tickets and Discussion!

On 8/29/2019 at 2:17 PM, NILI N said:

yeah

guess binoculars can always be of use

me too

sit on the ice is best, but alas. impossible

You really won't need binoculars. Even at the top row behind the seats, the furthest you are from the ice is maybe 15 or 20 meters. You can still see the whites of their eyes. 

Does anyone know/remember whether the venue has wifi? I have work to do and if I’m just going to be standing outside for hours on Friday morning, I may as well get to it. :xD:

I don't think I will be lining up hours in advance of opening....literally, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak( joints too)

On 9/1/2019 at 8:26 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

I second this! I found it got pretty chilly even though I was wearing a couple layers and a down puffer. My hat saved me from freezing completely though. 

that sounds very cold: I would rather dress warmly and take off if I need to ...then shiver miserably through the entire event

Anyone planning to travel up from New York? Trying to decide if I want to fly or carpool (if others were interested)

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

that sounds very cold: I would rather dress warmly and take off if I need to ...then shiver miserably through the entire event

It's more like, because you're sitting still in it for so long, the cold damp creeps up on you and then you can't get warm again.

14 hours ago, Chitsuki said:

Does anyone know/remember whether the venue has wifi? I have work to do and if I’m just going to be standing outside for hours on Friday morning, I may as well get to it. :xD:

Last year there was Wifi inside the building, but not inside the rink.

If inside the rink, you may get a really really weak and sketchy Wifi signal if you sit (or stand) really really close to the door.  But it is very unstable and you get disconnected a lot.  

But outside the rink, the signal was fine.  Hopefully the same this year.

1 hour ago, Roseg said:

Hi! Is someone still looking for a room? Or has a free room? :grin:

Hi

I have a free room

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It's more like, because you're sitting still in it for so long, the cold damp creeps up on you and then you can't get warm again.

I take some of these to every figure skating compettion:

Hot hands

Sometimes not needed.

Other times, life-savers!

6 hours ago, YesWay said:

I take some of these to every figure skating compettion:

Hot hands

Sometimes not needed.

Other times, life-savers!

I always bring extra mitts, socks and a tuque just in case I need them. Those heat packs are good too. 

On 9/3/2019 at 10:53 AM, Chitsuki said:

I recall the signal could be variable, probably because so many people were using it, but I don't recall having terrible problems sitting opposite the judges, sometimes quite far from the doors out to the rest of the building.  As there might be more people, especially on Fri-Sat, you might find your experience worsens then.  If you live outside Canada, I'd look into international roaming plans so you don't get socked by high data charges if you end up using cellular sometimes.  My partner and I do that whenever we travel, though we still turn off international roaming most of the time.  That way if one of us got lost we know we won't get dinged so much for SNS, using Google Maps, etc.

As for clothing, the suggestions made by others are correct, layers are best.  Pick things you can roll up or won't look bad if you take them off and put them in a bag, on a seat, etc.  I'm probably not the best person to imitate, however, as to what specifically is worn, however, as a medical treatment to prevent the reoccurence of noncancerous tumors has made me "run hot" for several years.  So last year at ACI I happily sat for hours in a breathable raincoat and short-sleeve shirts and 3-season pants with a thin silk or cotton scarf, smartwool socks, and tennis shoes.  I might bring a fleece jacket this time for Wednesday as I imagine the number of people there will be small, but I was just at Scotiabank Pond a couple weeks ago, which had smallish audiences and just wore summer clothes and kept the fleece jacket unzipped the whole time.  And I didn't bring the rain jacket, just the fleece, which doesn't wrinkle.  Wearing hats, mitts, and down jackets would be too much for me.  So if you tend to "run hot" you may find heavier top and bottoms (so not linen for ex) and a rain jacket plenty comfortable. 

22小时前, Faustli说:

Looking for a Saturday ticket... Thank you very much!!!

pleaseeee