Jump to content
yuzuangel

2019 Autumn Classic International - Tickets and Discussion!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, NILI N said:

yeah

guess binoculars can always be of use

me too

sit on the ice is best, but alas. impossible

I was at ACI last year and I know a number of fans camped out overnight (some had agreements to take shifts a few hours at a time so probably fewer people were outside all night) but my poor old bones would not tolerate that, so I arrived sometime within the first hour they were open- and I got a seat in the 3rd row. So, really, there is no need to fret about the unassigned seats. Plus, the best seats are not always the closest at this venue, because of the glass barrier. I think I mostly preferred to sit about 5-10 rows back where you were higher than the glass. Binoculars are also good, just in case Yuzu has another pantomime performance with his Mom about missing gloves 

:ohmygod:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Binoculars are also good, just in case Yuzu has another pantomime performance with his Mom about missing gloves 

:ohmygod:

:smiley-angry020:  :smiley-laughing021:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at ACI last year and I concur with Brighton.  Depending on your preferences, you may either prefer to sit near the ice or above the glass, especially if you want video/photos.  I almost wonder if the glass is a security thing, considering the intensity of the fans, but it could also be the cost of removing the glass?  Idk.  At least they take the damn hockey netting down, which they had up at Scotiabank Pond, which really is awful for damping the charisma of skaters and ruining photos. 

 

Anyway, many people camping out were trying to get K&C seats, because you would get to be so close to the skaters w/o the glass as they lined up to go on the ice.  But depending on where you were that wasn't ideal in seeing everything well on the ice unless you were up in one of the higher rows.  Conversely, you could be standing behind the top row of seats and get a better view than you would ever get as a major competition unless you have the $$ to pay for seats right by the ice.

 

I ended up sitting on different parts opposite the judges between row 3 to the top row (came within an hour of the doors to the rink opening) and all of the seats had pros and cons.  The exception to this was a few seats that were behind two rows of glass, but few to no people had to settle for those over the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sixteen mile is my home rink! i’ve been skating there for two years but could only get my hands on a friday ticket last year. i arrived at around 1 pm (i was VERY late because i didn’t want to skip school) to see the men’s short program and the venue wasn’t nearly as packed as i thought it would be! i’m not sure how filled it’ll be this year but unless you’re really eager to sit near the k&c i don’t think camping outside the venue is really necessary to find a good seat. it might be more crowded on a saturday however, so you may want to come early during the weekend. that being said, since the arena is pretty small you’ll have a great view of the skaters from pretty much any vantage point! 

 

if you want a full view of the skater’s routine (possibly to film) i would recommend sitting in a seat that’s higher up and opposite or beside the judges, but if you want to see a skater up close i would recommend sitting closer to the glass. and bring a blanket if possible! it can be pretty chilly inside. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Thursday last year I was sitting above/behind the KnC, immediately next to that wall of the skaters' entrance, and on the third row (which was the closest, as the front two were reserved for staff). I got to see Yuzu come in and wait for the ice to get ready and that was really cool. But otherwise it's not really a great place to be. On the other side might be better, though. On Friday and Saturday I sat opposite the KnC, in 2nd and 1st rows. The panels were dirty and scratched, so really not the best for picture taking. But being that close has its benefits, too and it's very hard to get that close at other Yuzu competitions, at least not without paying ridiculous amounts of money. That said, the venue is small and the view is good from everywhere. It just depends on the priorities of each fan. I think it's also likely the staff is more prepared now and they better know what to expect after last year, so, if there's any way they can prevent camping, I think they will.

 

Oh and regarding clothing, I was actually much colder on Thursday, behind the KnC than I was on the other two days in the 1st and 2nd rows. I think it's possible the panels also protect against the cold some, so it might be colder after you pass the height of the panels (so around the middle rows). But on Thursday I was bundled up in tshirt, hoodie, jacket, plus I put on my hat and Irene gloves and even a small blanket on my legs and was still shivering... So I definitely plan to layer even better this year, or at least bring a warmer blanket to wrap myself in, if necessary :1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

On Thursday last year I was sitting above/behind the KnC, immediately next to that wall of the skaters' entrance, and on the third row (which was the closest, as the front two were reserved for staff). I got to see Yuzu come in and wait for the ice to get ready and that was really cool. But otherwise it's not really a great place to be. On the other side might be better, though. On Friday and Saturday I sat opposite the KnC, in 2nd and 1st rows. The panels were dirty and scratched, so really not the best for picture taking. But being that close has its benefits, too and it's very hard to get that close at other Yuzu competitions, at least not without paying ridiculous amounts of money. That said, the venue is small and the view is good from everywhere. It just depends on the priorities of each fan. I think it's also likely the staff is more prepared now and they better know what to expect after last year, so, if there's any way they can prevent camping, I think they will.

 

Oh and regarding clothing, I was actually much colder on Thursday, behind the KnC than I was on the other two days in the 1st and 2nd rows. I think it's possible the panels also protect against the cold some, so it might be colder after you pass the height of the panels (so around the middle rows). But on Thursday I was bundled up in tshirt, hoodie, jacket, plus I put on my hat and Irene gloves and even a small blanket on my legs and was still shivering... So I definitely plan to layer even better this year, or at least bring a warmer blanket to wrap myself in, if necessary :1:

thank u all for ur informative answers

 

got another question then

why di we have to line up for changing the tix for bracelet? and if i have 3 tix one for each day, will they give ibe bracelet abd i wont have to do the same routine everyday?

 

do we know when they open the doors so everyone rushes in like a storm?

 

i. for one, prefer sitting long side middle

i dont care for knc. i want to see the skating not a glimpse at the slakers  :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, NILI N said:

thank u all for ur informative answers

 

got another question then

why di we have to line up for changing the tix for bracelet? and if i have 3 tix one for each day, will they give ibe bracelet abd i wont have to do the same routine everyday?

 

do we know when they open the doors so everyone rushes in like a storm?

 

i. for one, prefer sitting long side middle

i dont care for knc. i want to see the skating not a glimpse at the slakers  :)

 

 

 

It’s so you can just show the bracelet as you go in and out of the rink instead of them having to check tickets every time you leave to use the washroom or something. :)

 

And Yes, they will give you the all-event bracelet, or all 3 bracelets, the first day if you want. Just show up with all 3 tickets the first time. 

 

Think doors opened half an hour before first practice last year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does that mean you can bring some food and hot drinks: small thermos for ex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

Does that mean you can bring some food and hot drinks: small thermos for ex

Last year we could do that. Don't know if that will change this year. Hope not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, what time should we be at the arena? I'm already getting up around 4-5 AM for a shower and morning routine on the Thursday the show will start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,  still looking for an ALL EVENT, or TICKET for THURS/FRI/SAT...can purchase FRI/SAT combo as well.  If any become available please message me, would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 1:28 AM, ophelia said:

bring a blanket if possible! it can be pretty chilly inside

I second this! I found it got pretty chilly even though I was wearing a couple layers and a down puffer. My hat saved me from freezing completely though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 2:47 PM, Dreamer said:

Does that mean you can bring some food and hot drinks: small thermos for ex

Yes, maybe. They weren't doing bag checks last year. I brought in an entire box of Mr.Maple cookies, among other things.  But who knows this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...