yuzuangel

2019 Autumn Classic International - Tickets and Discussion!

1 hour ago, kiches said:

Tickets are either through mobile app or printed PDF, Event Brite automatically sends a PDF of each ticket to the buyer. 

That is good to know, because I just paid for tickets, all event, to a seller.

I am just waiting to receive the tickets.  

I  have one extra Thursday / Friday package for sale at what I paid: face value plus 5%, to be bought together.

Payment by e transfer in Canadian currency. 

Please DM if interested. 

SOLD

Just curious, does anyone remember when the skaters are usually announced? I want to say it was late July last year, right?

19 minutes ago, DSkies said:

Just curious, does anyone remember when the skaters are usually announced? I want to say it was late July last year, right?

Team Japan's CS assignments were released on July 23rd.The final list was released on August 30th.

10 minutes ago, Taebear said:

Team Japan's CS assignments were released on July 23rd.The final list was released on August 30th.

Thank you! August is so far away... LOL! Hopefully we'll hear from most of the respective skating feds this month (not just Japan). I'm okay with being surprised, but I'd love to know which skaters we'll be seeing beforehand too.

31 minutes ago, DSkies said:

Thank you! August is so far away... LOL! Hopefully we'll hear from most of the respective skating feds this month (not just Japan). I'm okay with being surprised, but I'd love to know which skaters we'll be seeing beforehand too.

:p Surprises are always fun! I believe some Canadian skaters and Junhwan were announced a couple weeks before the official release. I'm hoping the lineup will be just as good as last year (praying for Wakaba, Kévin Aymoz, Donovan, Kailani and Shiyue/Xinyu)

On 2019/7/1 at 午前2時57分, kichesさんが言いました:

Tickets are either through mobile app or printed PDF, Event Brite automatically sends a PDF of each ticket to the buyer. 

Thank you  !

Still looking for tickets too (all 3 days)! It's the- only FS event that tends to be close enough in North America, and affordable enough, for me to go. 

I of course am hoping and praying that Yuzu will be there (:snonegai:), but in past years I have really enjoyed watching all the other skaters and events as well. I think there is something magical about ACI - hanging out at the rink from morning until night to watch the practices/events has always been such a blast. 

On 6/23/2019 at 8:07 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

Just a note about this: the camera policy can be self-policing at times. A friend lent me their (not very big) DSLR last year, and ten minutes after i starting using it, a very polite but firm Japanese auntie came up to me, put her hand over the end of my lens, and motioned to me to put it away. 

I had mixed feelings. I was sitting off by myself shooting from an empty section of the stands and didn't think I was bothering anyone, it was during a practice not a competition, and I wasn't using the flash, so in my opinion she was over-reaching; on the other hand she was so cute about it I couldn't be upset. 

Fortunately I had two other cameras with me (small point and shoot and my cellphone), so it wasn't much of a big deal. 

IMO if you stand at the railings above the seats and use a DSLR discreetly and briefly from there, probably no one will say anything. If you're using it from the front row of seats, security will ask you to stop, as they did to some fans last year.

I was standing on the back most of the time. Security passed behind me all the time. They asked someone near me to put away her camera. I didn't see the camera, but the face of the security guy was pretty stern.

On 6/30/2019 at 6:16 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

I distinctly saw a couple of Japanese aunties eating instant ramen while standing on the concourse that ran behind the seating in the arena. If memory serves, they had some of device holding the hot water they used to make the noodles. Can't remember if it was a thermos or a tiny electric kettle they had plugged in to an outlet, but I definitely recall thinking, " They made their lunch just now" and feeling surprised.

So yeah, security wasn't checking a whole lot.

That being said, it could be completely different this year. 

One of the ACI days last year I didn't have enough time after getting food from the grocery store nearby, so I just ate it inside the venue. I tried to eat it discreetly. No one seemed bothered. No one checked my bag. I think I carried the food using a bag from the grocery store (which serves decent cooked food by the way). The people at the gate didn't seem bothered, either.

On 6/30/2019 at 11:57 AM, kiches said:

For people who are looking for tickets: Saturday is the hardest to find.  I would suggest that for courtesy sake: one let the buyer or seller know your final decision/response.  For example, when I had a buyer email me after I had a sale pending: I responded to her email to let her know the situation, and then another email to say the tickets were sold.  I have had buyers who asked a question which I answered...and then nothing.  How about just saying: thanks, but I'll just keep looking!  

Salty 2 cents

Hello! Is there a group looking for a roommate? :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:  Most of the hotels near the venue are fully booked and my budget is really tight. If you are looking for one, quote me or PM me. Willing to share payments. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: I am planning on arriving on Sept. 11 and leaving on Sept 15. If Yuzu is not coming, then I will have to cancel. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

PS. I'm uncomfortable with guys sorry :13877886:

Hey everyone, a friend is unable to go so I’m selling 1 set of Thursday & Friday tickets. Message if you are interested :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Edit: Tickets sold!

Is anyone else still waiting to buy their flights? My friend who I'm traveling with will skip the event if Yuzu doesn't end up going but I'm worried that if we wait for an official announcement it will be too late and the airline prices will go up dramatically. Personally I'd still be willing to go if at least the other TCC people (and hopefully Julian!) will go. 

I don't think you can get a refund on economy tickets, so I don't think buying and then possibly getting a refund is an option. What did people do last year? And how close to the event did we find out that Yuzu is going? I think I'm just starting to get a little anxious, lol.  

On 7/8/2019 at 9:38 PM, LittleLottie1881 said:

Is anyone else still waiting to buy their flights? My friend who I'm traveling with will skip the event if Yuzu doesn't end up going but I'm worried that if we wait for an official announcement it will be too late and the airline prices will go up dramatically. Personally I'd still be willing to go if at least the other TCC people (and hopefully Julian!) will go. 

I don't think you can get a refund on economy tickets, so I don't think buying and then possibly getting a refund is an option. What did people do last year? And how close to the event did we find out that Yuzu is going? I think I'm just starting to get a little anxious, lol.  

Closing date for entries to most Challenger's is about 1 month before the actual competition, and the organisers don't publish the full list of skaters until after that.

However, JSF "usually" announces which Challengers their top skaters will enter, much sooner than that.

Last year, it was 23rd July...

And this year, it seems from page 9 of this document, that JSF will meet to decide the assignments on 13th July:

2019 CS派遣選考会 元年 7月 13日    愛知県豊田市  (NTC/中京大学アイスアリーナ)

If so, and if they publically announce the planned competition entries, and if they do it quickly... then we might get confirmation within 1 week...!

That's quite  a few "if"s though...!