yuzuangel

2019 Autumn Classic International - Tickets and Discussion!

On 6/24/2019 at 11:00 PM, Songster01 said:

I would definitely disappointed, but I would still attend with enthusiasm, because:

1) I'm spoiled because I live not too far away (though the transit commute can take up to 2 hours from where I live, depending on connections etc). 

2) Last year I had lots of fun watching Jason, Kevin A, Jun, Roman, and Harry, as well as seeing W/P, W/L, J/C, Wakaba, Evgenia, Mae, and Starr.  I'm almost certainly forgetting people. 

Note: I don't condemn anyone who changes their mind if Y can't or doesn't come, especially if transportation and accommodation costs will be significant.  Many people are also trying to go to more high-stakes events, including ones that have jacked up their prices this year.  If you could save a bit for another event by deciding not to come to ACI after all, then, that makes sense to me.  Regrettable, but most of us are not wealthy enough to throw our money away without worry.

Just a note that I heard that Donovan Carillo (MEX) is planning to attend ACI.  In case you don't know of him, he is a charming young skater from a very small fed who is making progress on his 3A.  Last year he couldn't make it for financial reasons, but happily he got a sponsorship this spring.  I'll be happy to cheer him on if he does come! 

i do know donovan and his is quite a joy, a good showman but hardly a jumper

u have it easy, 2 hours drive

i have a 13 hour costly flight....

so if He is not there, no chance i will be spending so much time, energy money to see ppl good as they may be who dont make me stop breathing or putting a huge smile on my face [which is the case with Javi]

Hello, Everyone ;

Please consider me if you have a Saturday or all event ticket for sale.:POOH: I am still looking . 

Thanks in advance, 

Lea

If figureskating events were in my hometown or vicinity: I would definitely attend.

But spending thousands of dollars, my vacation leave, and extended air travel for anyone other than Yuzu?

No, not going to happen...that is the plain truth.

I would rather spend that money on a new tonearm or something to enhance my vinyl music enjoyment! 

Or visit my own family members.  Not necessarily in that order.

I don't think anyone here is trying to guilt trip those who are coming from afar and would change their mind without Yuzuru coming. You can do whatever you want with your own money & time and you are the sole person who can decide how much you are willing to spend on something.

I think they simply meant that, depending on your convenience, it could be worth attending and fun even without Yuzu. It's up to each individual and obviously circumstances matter.

20 hours ago, NILI N said:

i do know donovan and his is quite a joy, a good showman but hardly a jumper

u have it easy, 2 hours drive

i have a 13 hour costly flight....

so if He is not there, no chance i will be spending so much time, energy money to see ppl good as they may be who dont make me stop breathing or putting a huge smile on my face [which is the case with Javi]

Ah, I hope you did not think I was criticizing you or anyone else for deciding not to go to ACI if Yuzuru isn't competing!  I was merely stating why it was worth it for -me- specifically to go to ACI.  It's very close by, the ticket is cheap, and I will probably enjoy some of the other skaters.  But if I planned to go much farther and paid much more for a ticket I would definitely review whether it was worth it for me personally to attend an event that Yuzuru had to withdraw from.  Some would choose to go, others would not. 

Heck, I'm likely not going to Worlds even though the travel costs wouldn't be too bad, because I can't justify paying for a seat in the first 8-10 rows and I don't want to pay alot for a much poorer view.  My spouse and I are having a major home renovation done, and the costs for that can easily grow well beyond budget.  So I decided it was safer not to get an all-event and I won't be surprised if I even decide not to get a single-event ticket.  Someone else in different circumstances may still decide to attend Worlds despite the outrageous. 

Both going or not going are fine options.  Everyone has to consider their own circumstances and make a choice.

2 hours ago, Songster01 said:

Ah, I hope you did not think I was criticizing you or anyone else for deciding not to go to ACI if Yuzuru isn't competing!  I was merely stating why it was worth it for -me- specifically to go to ACI.  It's very close by, the ticket is cheap, and I will probably enjoy some of the other skaters.  But if I planned to go much farther and paid much more for a ticket I would definitely review whether it was worth it for me personally to attend an event that Yuzuru had to withdraw from.  Some would choose to go, others would not. 

Heck, I'm likely not going to Worlds even though the travel costs wouldn't be too bad, because I can't justify paying for a seat in the first 8-10 rows and I don't want to pay alot for a much poorer view.  My spouse and I are having a major home renovation done, and the costs for that can easily grow well beyond budget.  So I decided it was safer not to get an all-event and I won't be surprised if I even decide not to get a single-event ticket.  Someone else in different circumstances may still decide to attend Worlds despite the outrageous. 

Both going or not going are fine options.  Everyone has to consider their own circumstances and make a choice.

not at all

i didnt think u were criticising me or anyone else for that matter

on the contrary

as to worlds= there r no tix left or the first rows, [actually there never were for the plebians] and compared to the outrageoud prices of GPF, thery r relatively cheap

but of course, house takes prority

On 6/26/2019 at 6:57 PM, Veveco said:

I don't think anyone here is trying to guilt trip those who are coming from afar and would change their mind without Yuzuru coming. You can do whatever you want with your own money & time and you are the sole person who can decide how much you are willing to spend on something.

I think they simply meant that, depending on your convenience, it could be worth attending and fun even without Yuzu. It's up to each individual and obviously circumstances matter.

Yes, it didn't even occur to me that someone would take my comments as undue pressure to attend expensively from afar even if Yuzu doesn't. 

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yes, it didn't even occur to me that someone would take my comments as undue pressure to attend expensively from afar even if Yuzu doesn't. 

people are probably just a bit sensitive because there are definitely (weird, self-righteous and ridiculous) people who go around shaming people who bail on competitions if Yuzu isn't there, including people who have to fly across oceans to attend. :13877886: I can confirm competitions can be really fun even in the absence of Yuzuru though...tbh they're also a lot less stressful haha

20 minutes ago, shanshani said:

people are probably just a bit sensitive because there are definitely (weird, self-righteous and ridiculous) people who go around shaming people who bail on competitions if Yuzu isn't there, including people who have to fly across oceans to attend. :13877886: I can confirm competitions can be really fun even in the absence of Yuzuru though...tbh they're also a lot less stressful haha

i didnt realise anybody  made anybody feel stressed or shamed for bailing out

everyone is entiltled to do as they wish

5 hours ago, shanshani said:

tbh they're also a lot less stressful haha

Yeah, less chance of heartbreak due to injury for sure! 

does that mean...we can actually bring food and drink into the venue ?  

Can we bring a knapsack?

At Stars on Ice: they wanted to take away my knapsack but didnt want the hassle of storage so let me keep it?

Seriously, some people's bags are way bigger than my knapsack and I like having my arms free to balance.

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

does that mean...we can actually bring food and drink into the venue ?  

Can we bring a knapsack?

At Stars on Ice: they wanted to take away my knapsack but didnt want the hassle of storage so let me keep it?

Seriously, some people's bags are way bigger than my knapsack and I like having my arms free to balance.

If last year is any guide, my friends and I never had problems regarding food and drink at ACI.  We held a seat for one person who couldn't come in the early afternoon because of work and he went to Tim Horton's and brought us all sandwiches and hot drinks.  I also had yuzu madeleines I was giving out and never got called out for doing so.  Honestly that little refreshment stand and bar were not able to handle that many people.  Many people brought in outside refreshments.

I don't recall if anyone tried to use backpacks, but I had a sizable purse and a large tote bag with flags and snacks that was not even searched iirc.  Maybe someone who used a backpack/knapsack might chime in. 

Security was much stricter at SCI.  Bags were always searched (though they had no problem with my tote bag) and I know they made some ppl toss outside food and drinks.  Luckily they missed the few snacks I had.  Ofc the Bell Centre had much bigger refreshment stands, plus the nicer restaurants connected to the building, so they wanted to protect their $$.

I distinctly saw a couple of Japanese aunties eating instant ramen while standing on the concourse that ran behind the seating in the arena. If memory serves, they had some of device holding the hot water they used to make the noodles. Can't remember if it was a thermos or a tiny electric kettle they had plugged in to an outlet, but I definitely recall thinking, " They made their lunch just now" and feeling surprised.

So yeah, security wasn't checking a whole lot.

That being said, it could be completely different this year. 

I'm just wondering how to sell and buy tickets  from someone because those are e mail  right?

I'm just want to know though...

Tickets are either through mobile app or printed PDF, Event Brite automatically sends a PDF of each ticket to the buyer.