yuzuangel

2019 Autumn Classic International - Tickets and Discussion!

Just a reminder that Skate Canada has live streamed practice for ACI in the past. You may not get Yuzu 100% of the time, but if you want to focus on watching and not photos/recording it's something to keep in mind.

1 hour ago, kiches said:

Just a reminder that Skate Canada has live streamed practice for ACI in the past. You may not get Yuzu 100% of the time, but if you want to focus on watching and not photos/recording it's something to keep in mind.

Last time they didn't stream the first day of practice, but then got onto it after fandom complaining I think haha. They'll probably stream it this year (and generally be more prepared for the intensity of the fandom :laughing:). In any case, if I go, I will record practices because I find it fun, and I'm sure there will be other fans recording for similar reasons as well. So no one should feel any obligation to record--someone will have you covered!

I usually record practices too but keep cameras off during competitive skates. I wish there was a happy medium where I can automatically record what my eyes can see during practice but still focus entirely on Yuzu’s skating. I’ve done that here and there and I almost always find there was something I missed that I wished I had recorded, so this is my trade-off. 

Hello

I'm looking for someone who kindly sell one  Sutaurday ticket for me.

I'm planning to Canada to  watch Autam Classic from Japan becouse in Japan, getting ticket is lottery, so I never have a chance to get it.

So this time I tried to buy tickets from skate Canada and I luckily  got a Friday ticket. It's  lucky for me but I still hope  I could get a Sutaurday ticket too.

I know the ticket is very  precious ,but  If anyone have extra, could you   let  me know ?:sign0009:

are we even sure His Grace will grace us with his graceful presence at ACI?

we r all buying tix. flying from all over, booking hotels...

and what if?

perish the thought, but really....

I also only saw them reinforcing the rules for people with really big lenses - I distinctly remember a lady with one that was maybe twice the size of her head. Although after being warned she went back to it and I didn't notice any consequences. I admit some of the footage I took then, especially with my phone is a precious memory, but most of the time I try to film without looking at the screen, so the result is pretty... not pretty lol Pictures absolutely don't work with my old cameras, but the videos are ok. Front row was great, though, because I could put my camera on the ledge and set it to film the KnC area or so and not have to worry about it ^_^;  I'm still amazed I managed to catch the Otonal costume reveal, but most of my filming was really done without looking. I've found that anything that comes between my eyes and the image in front of me, being a camera, a phone or even binoculars (FaOI experience), creates a barrier and takes me out of that moment, makes me feel detached. And it's a shame to waste the opportunity given of actually being able to see Yuzu in the flesh, by altering your perception. I think probably only professional or really passionate cameramen and women can still feel the connection even through the lens. I know I can't. But I still want the memories, so I try filming without looking and what happens happens. However I never filmed Yuzu's competitive programs... I'm usually too busy wringing my hands lol

And there is always a possibility that Yuzu won't go, but personally I think he wants as much mileage on his jumps as he can get, and especially having picked Skate Canada and NHK, it looks like he's not looking to travel much this season and ACI in Oakville is still the most convenient - he might actually be able to sleep in his own bed throughout the event! I doubt that ever happens, otherwise - so I think he will do his best to be there. But most of us are leaving airplane tickets for the last minute, just in case. At least until August, I think, when the official participant lists are announced. I really do hope all of TCC will be there again (only Gabby was missing last year). Jason was a total sweetheart!

8 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I think probably only professional or really passionate cameramen and women can still feel the connection even through the lens. I know I can't. But I still want the memories, so I try filming without looking and what happens happens. However I never filmed Yuzu's competitive programs... I'm usually too busy wringing my hands lol

lol...or clasped in earnest prayer position

8 hours ago, NILI N said:

and what if?

I would definitely disappointed, but I would still attend with enthusiasm, because:

1) I'm spoiled because I live not too far away (though the transit commute can take up to 2 hours from where I live, depending on connections etc). 

2) Last year I had lots of fun watching Jason, Kevin A, Jun, Roman, and Harry, as well as seeing W/P, W/L, J/C, Wakaba, Evgenia, Mae, and Starr.  I'm almost certainly forgetting people. 

Note: I don't condemn anyone who changes their mind if Y can't or doesn't come, especially if transportation and accommodation costs will be significant.  Many people are also trying to go to more high-stakes events, including ones that have jacked up their prices this year.  If you could save a bit for another event by deciding not to come to ACI after all, then, that makes sense to me.  Regrettable, but most of us are not wealthy enough to throw our money away without worry.

Just a note that I heard that Donovan Carillo (MEX) is planning to attend ACI.  In case you don't know of him, he is a charming young skater from a very small fed who is making progress on his 3A.  Last year he couldn't make it for financial reasons, but happily he got a sponsorship this spring.  I'll be happy to cheer him on if he does come! 

Hace 6 horas, Songster01 said:

I would definitely disappointed, but I would still attend with enthusiasm, because:

1) I'm spoiled because I live not too far away (though the transit commute can take up to 2 hours from where I live, depending on connections etc). 

2) Last year I had lots of fun watching Jason, Kevin A, Jun, Roman, and Harry, as well as seeing W/P, W/L, J/C, Wakaba, Evgenia, Mae, and Starr.  I'm almost certainly forgetting people. 

Note: I don't condemn anyone who changes their mind if Y can't or doesn't come, especially if transportation and accommodation costs will be significant.  Many people are also trying to go to more high-stakes events, including ones that have jacked up their prices this year.  If you could save a bit for another event by deciding not to come to ACI after all, then, that makes sense to me.  Regrettable, but most of us are not wealthy enough to throw our money away without worry.

Just a note that I heard that Donovan Carillo (MEX) is planning to attend ACI.  In case you don't know of him, he is a charming young skater from a very small fed who is making progress on his 3A.  Last year he couldn't make it for financial reasons, but happily he got a sponsorship this spring.  I'll be happy to cheer him on if he does come! 

Totally agree! ACI is going to be my first time attending an international competition :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: I'm from Mexico and my goal was to go to one FS international event and this is the most affordable one. Luckily I got Thursday and Friday tickets, and still hope to find a Saturday ticket.

If Yuzu doesn't participate I will be disappointed, but I will gladly go to watch other skaters and of course I'll be supporting my boy Donovan :67638860: 

We should all have good thoughts and positive thinking! 

On 6/23/2019 at 6:30 AM, Old Cat Lady said:

Do venues normally sell food and beverages?  Are we allowed to bring them in?  I'm assuming there's no alcohol

As others have already indicated, there is a small coffee stand in the lobby which sells coffee, hot chocolate, tea and snacks and a pub that I never tried to get into. For a while, there was a stand in the rink area that was selling beer in those flimsy plastic cups. Although we never bought it, I assumed that if they are selling in there, you can drink it in your seat while the competition is going on. They are not going to let you bring your own alcohol into the venue.

As others have also alluded to, the supermarket across street appears to be the best choice for food. Since I'm in a wheelchair, I never went there, but my friend who was assisting us always ran across to get food for us. He said that there are a lot of choice in the type of food that you can get. You can also sit and eat there if you prefer, or bring it back and eat it in the venue. It was a person I know at Skate Canada that told us about the supermarket which is called "Fortino's". It sounds as though the Skate Canada staff go to Fortino's to get their lunches and dinners.

On 6/18/2019 at 2:45 PM, Cynthia said:

I am just wondering who you should talk to through that travel agency company. You guys are talking about a random instance, are they a reliable source for tickets? Also about Skate Canada selling extra tickets so that the locals would go, I mean I am considered a tourist so would they still be okay giving me extra tickets? 

I am very late to this discussion so I don't know what luck people have had a contacting H.I.S. Travel Agency.

My understanding is that they are a very big travel company with local offices all over the world. The local office in Vancouver would have English-speaking staff. It would make sense if this travel agency reserved a block of tickets in anticipation of selling them to Japanese tourists. I would think that the easiest way would be to simply call the telephone number at the Vancouver office.

This agency would have nothing to do with reports of Skate Canada releasing extra tickets close to the event. This agency would be catering to Japanese tourists. Of course, if they have tickets, I am sure they do not care who they sell their tickets to.

Did anyone have any success in contacting this agency?

Hi, 

I haven't given up looking for Fri. and Sat. tickets. I need one Fri ticket and three Sat. tickets. If anyone has extra tickets or knows who's selling their tickets, please let me know. Much appreciation:headdesk:

On 6/23/2019 at 9:55 AM, LittleLottie1881 said:

Also, won't it be hard to get good pics with the hockey glass in the way?

It sure was last year! I was only shooting snapshots with my crappy Android but it still picked up every streak and dent on the glass. :snbleh:

On 6/24/2019 at 6:50 AM, NILI N said:

and what if?

That would be disappointing but not awful. There are still plenty of interesting skaters to watch. Last year Kevin Aymoz and Roman Sadovsky were the big nice surprises for me. Also James/Cipres. All three are skaters I wouldn't have bothered to check out except for I got to see them live because I was there to watch Yuzu. 

I guess it comes down to this: are you a Hanyu fan only, or do you love figure skating, with Yuzu as the cherry on top of your figuring skating sundae? If it's the latter, ACI will be worth it to you even if he doesn't go. 

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That would be disappointing but not awful. There are still plenty of interesting skaters to watch. Last year Kevin Aymoz and Roman Sadovsky were the big nice surprises for me. Also James/Cipres. All three are skaters I wouldn't have bothered to check out except for I got to see them live because I was there to watch Yuzu. 

I guess it comes down to this: are you a Hanyu fan only, or do you love figure skating, with Yuzu as the cherry on top of your figuring skating sundae? If it's the latter, ACI will be worth it to you even if he doesn't go. 

lets put it this way

i have always liked fs, but i do not understand a lot, its mainly aesthetic pleasure. when it comes to HIS Grace and /or JAvi it's already a different opera altogether.

sp. as far as i am concerned i am taking all this 13 hour flight to see HIs Grace,  [things could have been so much better, had JAvi still been competeing] just as i go to in SC [and on the way i will ve attending SAM well well

worlds i will go to see regardless.

i also like Kevin,

and pity the chinese pair sui=han wont be attending neither of these events