yuzuangel

2019 Autumn Classic International - Tickets and Discussion!

Hi,

I’m still looking for Fri. tickets and Sat. tickets. If you have extra tickets for these days or 3-event tickets, please DM me.

I’m also willing to buy Thu. tickets together with Fri. and Sat.:67573730:

Hello, Everyone ;

Please consider me if you have a Saturday or all event ticket for sale.:POOH: I am still looking . 

Thanks in advance, 

Lea

Hello Everyone,

I am still on the lookout for at least one, but preferably 2 Saturday tickets. Willing to buy all events. Please message me if you have any available.

Many thanks and have a great weekend!

27 minutes ago, Kimzizi said:

May I ask if professional camera is not allowed for ACI? 

That’s their official policy. The enforcement was somewhat selective based on what I saw last year. If you want to be safe, bring a camera with a non-detachable lens.

Hi!!

I’m still looking for one Fri. tickets and three Sat. tickets. I’m also willing to buy three-event tickets. 

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Maya said:

That’s their official policy. The enforcement was somewhat selective based on what I saw last year. If you want to be safe, bring a camera with a non-detachable lens.

"Selective," so, did some people actually get their professional cameras confiscated? I thought they just didn't really enforce the policy in general?

14 minutes ago, ayerli said:

"Selective," so, did some people actually get their professional cameras confiscated? I thought they just didn't really enforce the policy in general?

Not in ACI but in GPF Vancouver last year, somebody got caught and was forced to delete their pictures :/ There were also some people that met the same fate but they were able to backup their stuff. I got told too that they might confiscate my camera but they never did. sorry for my bad english

59 minutes ago, ayerli said:

At ACI they targeted different areas of the (small) rink on different days.  Because of where I sat, I didn't see any enforcement until the men's event on Saturday, though I moved around on the side opposite the judges.  All of the sudden a couple of guys came down several rows and made people with expensive cameras with obvious, large telephoto lenses put them away.  Apparently they did that on the opposite side of the rink the day before.  I never heard of anyone getting their cameras confiscated at ACI, but ofc I may not have heard of it.  I do know plenty of near pro-level ACI photos and fancams were floating around freely afterwards, showing how lax they were most of the time. 

By the way, I brought my old iPhone with a nice but small telephoto lens to SCI last year and had 0 problems with security.  Sadly, I did end up taking far fewer pictures there because of iPhone battery problems on the Thursday (had to go to the Montreal Apple Store for a new battery) and on the Saturday I both sprained my ankle and broke my leg and so I spent a fair chunk of the morning/early afternoon with the rink medics getting iced (I usually don't take pics during the competition proper because I want to concentrate on the programs). 

Of course, none of us will know if they will behave the same this year at ACI, or decide to crack down.  It may be that ACI, being a Challenger, is less worth sending out security into the stands randomly just for camera duty.  I will chance bringing my iPhone/telephoto lens combo again, because I am hoping it will look innocuous, especially as the lens is small and both it and the case are black.  People with more serious-looking gear should be cautious in areas where security will likely hang out, like closer to the entrances and the sections by the K&C. 

Thanks for the info! Will try bringing my large telephoto anyways, & good luck to you guys too ;-;

1 minute ago, ayerli said:

Thanks for the info! Will try bringing my large telephoto anyways, & good luck to you guys too ;-;

When I was sitting in the front row opposite judges side during the Ladies event, security came down and warned people who were taking pictures with telephoto lenses (in particular, people who had cameras with large, detachable telephoto lenses). The security guy told them if they did not stop, he would boot them from the venue. I interpret that as kicking you out of the arena and confiscating your entry bracelet so you can't return to the arena.

Anyone thinking of taking telephoto lenses, please be considerate of those around you that you don’t block their view.

:snonegai:

Last year staff weren’t afraid to target people flouting the rules and actually crossed passed several people to get to the seat of one fan with a giant lens during Yuzu’s performance.

Telephoto lenses are a bit over the top ....if no photography is the policy.

I remember Prince would ban cellphones and photos because he said fans should just enjoy the performance, and be in the moment.

You guys think this year's schedule will be like last year's minus the pairs?  Practices are normally in the morning with the first one on Wednesday, right?

https://skatecanada.ca/2018-autumn-classic-international/

I know I'm being crazy but I'm already trying to plan our trip.  The bf is a late riser and I don't want to waste his ticket when so many are hoping to see Yuzu.  Hopefully the actual schedule will come up in time that we can know what we're doing in time to let someone else enjoy the event if he doesn't want to go to a portion.

As much as I'd like videos and such, I think I'm just going to bring binoculars, a seat cushion, and a cell phone to the events.  I agree with Prince; I think it's better to be fully immersed in the moment.  Besides, there's no way I could take videos as good as the professional crew anyway.

Do venues normally sell food and beverages?  Are we allowed to bring them in?  I'm assuming there's no alcohol