yuzuangel

2019 Autumn Classic International - Tickets and Discussion!

https://skatecanada.ca/2019/04/oakville-to-host-2019-autumn-classic-international/

OTTAWA, ON: Skate Canada has announced that it will host the 2019 Autumn Classic International in Oakville, Ont. The sixth edition of the event will take place September 12-14, 2019 at the Sixteen Mile Sports Complex.

Tickets will go on-sale in June and further details will be available at skatecanada.ca. To register for notifications of ticket on-sale dates for Skate Canada events, please fill out the form located here.

I am excited to be planning a trip to ACI to watch YUZU skate.  Hoping to meet other YUZU fans and maybe bring some of my ballet dancers with me!

I wish I could join you all.  I just moved to BC, Canada and had hoped to attend ACI with my friend who lives in Toronto.   Ironically, I will be attending a conference in Darwn, Australia - at the other end of the earth - that very week. :headdesk2:

It will be impossible to fly back in time for the ACI.  But I have tickets for GP in Kelowna, BC in October.  Looking forward to seeing some of you there!

@cvdnce  I hope you will get to see Yuzu at ACI.  A fitting reward for your dedication and hard work!  Thank you!  Please keep us posted and enjoy your time there! 

Does anyone know around what time would we get the announcement of the attending list and the range of the ticket price? I want to make sure Yuzu would be attending before purchasing my ticket. all these years stanning him, this would be my first time attempting to watch him live. i have had this mentality that i am too cowardice to see him live and afraid of withdrawal syndrome. but i feel like i might not get that many chances left so i want to go before it is all too late.

2 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

Does anyone know around what time would we get the announcement of the attending list and the range of the ticket price? I want to make sure Yuzu would be attending before purchasing my ticket. all these years stanning him, this would be my first time attempting to watch him live. i have had this mentality that i am too cowardice to see him live and afraid of withdrawal syndrome. but i feel like i might not get that many chances left so i want to go before it is all too late.

ACi tickets should be on sale either late May or beginning June. The price is cheap compared to other events ( less than $100 dollars for both SP and FP plus practice.) when the tickets are on sale, we don’t know if Yuzu will attend or not. The announcement is usually in August iirc. Fans would buy tickets anyway in hope to see Yuzu. Hopefully Yuzu will compete there this year as he did many years before! It’s a fun and intimate event when fans can see him very up close! Please go if you have a chance!

hope this help!

Last year, I believe the tickets sold out in the first few days, Saturday in particular. That was mid-June, JSF announced Yuzu would be there in mid-July, about 2 months before the event (so pretty good notice for planning travel). But I believe the tickets will sell out just as fast this year, if not faster! He has been to ACI four years in a row, and now that he's in for the ice shows I would be very VERY surprised if he doesn't do ACI. 

There's always a chance he does Finlandia or some other Challenger series, so no doubt it's a risk...

Gosh, I can't believe we're this close to tickets going on sale, announcements of whose going where!!! For all the competitions, all the skaters, the new season is almost upon us

:2:

11 hours ago, ruruzest said:

ACi tickets should be on sale either late May or beginning June. The price is cheap compared to other events ( less than $100 dollars for both SP and FP plus practice.) when the tickets are on sale, we don’t know if Yuzu will attend or not. The announcement is usually in August iirc. Fans would buy tickets anyway in hope to see Yuzu. Hopefully Yuzu will compete there this year as he did many years before! It’s a fun and intimate event when fans can see him very up close! Please go if you have a chance!

hope this help!

8 hours ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Last year, I believe the tickets sold out in the first few days, Saturday in particular. That was mid-June, JSF announced Yuzu would be there in mid-July, about 2 months before the event (so pretty good notice for planning travel). But I believe the tickets will sell out just as fast this year, if not faster! He has been to ACI four years in a row, and now that he's in for the ice shows I would be very VERY surprised if he doesn't do ACI. 

There's always a chance he does Finlandia or some other Challenger series, so no doubt it's a risk...

Gosh, I can't believe we're this close to tickets going on sale, announcements of whose going where!!! For all the competitions, all the skaters, the new season is almost upon us

:2:

thank you both! I have never had real luck when it comes to getting tickets as they were always sold out before i was even aware. i need to have some kind of game plan to get these tickets this year. i already signed up on skate canada's website to get notified. fingers crossed!

Does anyone know what the schedule is?

I notice last year, the first day started in the late afternoon and on the last day it ended early in the day?  

Is that how ACI is normally scheduled?

That means I could fly in early on the first day and fly out late on the last day?

Less time off work and less hotel days if that is true.

Thank you in advance for the answers!

Oh wow, Oakville is practically next door to Toronto. This does make travelling + accommodation a lot easier. I'm definitely considering it... :hihi:

p/s: I've booked a (cancellable) apartment 10 minutes by Uber from the place, arrive Thursday depart Sunday. Should be good for 4 people to share. Current total price is 200 in total, so would work out to be 50 per person for 3 nights! If anyone is interested, PM me!

15 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Does anyone know what the schedule is?

I notice last year, the first day started in the late afternoon and on the last day it ended early in the day?  

Is that how ACI is normally scheduled?

That means I could fly in early on the first day and fly out late on the last day?

Less time off work and less hotel days if that is true.

Thank you in advance for the answers!

You should be ok, however be careful about your departing flight on the last day. Make sure you leave yourself at least 6 hours to catch your flight after the competition ends

How long does it take to drive back to Pearson Airport for a domestic flight  from oakville? Does it end at 2pm?

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

How long does it take to drive back to Pearson Airport for a domestic flight  from oakville? Does it end at 2pm?

It depends on the time of the day and how congested the traffic will be. My host gave me a ride from the airport to Oakville last year. I remember we were on the way around 4:00pm and it was quite congested.