Fan project

Veveco

11 hours ago, faeline said:

@Veveco Thank you for your hardwork! It looks amazing! :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

@Veveco You have done an incredible job...it is fantastic fun to look at and fascinating to read all that information: 

such as: nearly half of Yuzu's fan base comes from Japan and China; nearly a quarter from Europe and a quarter from North and South America:devilYuzu:

3 hours ago, Dreamer said:

@Veveco You have done an incredible job...it is fantastic fun to look at and fascinating to read all that information: 

such as: nearly half of Yuzu's fan base comes from Japan and China; nearly a quarter from Europe and a quarter from North and South America:devilYuzu:

I was thinking of adding but didn’t.....that only Antarctic and Australia do not figure greatly in number.....imo , my interpretation would be ...low population numbers in Antarctica and internet is probably more govt research facility based, not for personal use.  

Now, Australia: probably not a winter sport fanbase and there are barriers to travel to isu events.  I know Sparklesalad is one of our yuzu Aussi fans but it takes effort .  

Your data and stats help us understand yuzu’s fanbase better...beauty and talent has no boundaries 

@Veveco what a wonderful, personal tribute to Yuzuru, from fans, skaters, coaches, commentators - I loved reading it so much (and wish I could see all the quotes in "if it wasnt for Yuzu").  Yuzuru will know how fortunate he is to have such amazing fans who love, value and respect him so much, and get so much joy and inspiration from his skating and from he himself as a human being - your beautiful work putting it all together is an integral part of that love and care for him. 

My favourite quote is from a (newish??) big, big fanyu, Alexei Yagudin "OK I am making an announcement.  If Yuzu decides to compete in Beijing I will try my best to become a flower boy so that I can in that way at least get physically close to him!" I had not heard it before, it made me laugh!  I love how much he loves Yuzu!!

THANK YOU for your wonderful work and effort :10742288::loveshower:

Thank you everyone for the feedback! I'm really glad people like the design :tumblr_inline_mg16hfnAAr1qdlkyg: It was a lot of work but definitely worth it :grouphug:

Some info about printing our fanbook:

I started looking into printing services. The easiest option seems to print it as a customized photobook (from the pdf file), and I am thinking of using this company: https://www.prestophoto.com/  (one of the few services I found with an A4 or similar portrait option)

Depending on the exact format we go for (size, hard vs soft cover, etc.) it should be ~40-50 USD: ~25$ for the book + 20$ for delivery fee (to Canada, see also below*). There are a few potentially interesting options (like removing the company logo in the back cover) that would add a bit to the price, but we can talk about that later if we really go with this company.

Given that I am the one with the uncensored file, I'll have to order it myself. It's probably easier if I pay for it first, and we can share the cost between all of us later?

I was thinking, given the time line we are looking at - probably mid August at the earliest -  should we aim to deliver it at ACI via the gift box? We have many fans here (including myself) going to ACI so that would be an easy option. It'd be nice to deliver it before Yuzu's start of the season, but I'm a bit uncomfortable at the idea of delivering it directly to TCC and looking like *that kind of fan* (even with the best intentions in mind). Unless there is an address I am unaware of for "fan mail"? 

*On that note also, shipping fees from that printing company are lower for the USA, so one possibility to save ~10$ would be to ship it to a US satellite going to ACI (any moderator going maybe?) who could bring it themselves rather than myself. (I know 10$ isn't much of a difference if we're all chipping in but I want to be honest about it)

Anyway, that's what I've found so far. If people have a different and maybe better plan/option for printing and delivering the book, please share  :20111123175648e45:

Or, alternatively, if people prefer to have it shipped to TCC before the start of the season (then we need to decide fast), anyone knows what is the shipping address? I can easily find TCC address online, but I'm not sure if the shipping address is the same as the general building address (sometimes they are not the same...?) 

@Veveco Gomen that I can't help in the printing question, but I've read the whole PDF now (minus the blurry comments) and it made me inexpressibly happy. The love and support is really radiating from these pages. It's the best energy booster for Yuzu that his fans can give him. So once again: Thank you so so so much for this hard work!! :grouphug:

It would be nice for sure, if Yuzu read the book before the start of the new season, but I think ACI is fine, too.

PS: I can totally picture him analyzing our fan survey on his couch: 'Oh wow, Origin and Notte Stellata costume were really that popular! Let's pick more sparkling feather costumes in the future...' :hihi:

31 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

@Veveco Gomen that I can't help in the printing question, but I've read the whole PDF now (minus the blurry comments) and it made me inexpressibly happy. The love and support is really radiating from these pages. It's the best energy booster for Yuzu that his fans can give him. So once again: Thank you so so so much for this hard work!! :grouphug:

It would be nice for sure, if Yuzu read the book before the start of the new season, but I think ACI is fine, too.

PS: I can totally picture him analyzing our fan survey on his couch: 'Oh wow, Origin and Notte Stellata costume were really that popular! Let's pick more sparkling feather costumes in the future...' :hihi:

yes, please...we love sparkles and feathers and the sparkliest of them all...Zuzu