katonice

2019 Skate America - Tickets and Discussion!

Don't know if anyone's clicked through the links above yet, but on the Skate America site it says the competitor list will be announced on August 19. Presumably that's when all the assignments are announced. So for anyone wondering when we'll find out, there it is. 

7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Don't know if anyone's clicked through the links above yet, but on the Skate America site it says the competitor list will be announced on August 19. Presumably that's when all the assignments are announced. So for anyone wondering when we'll find out, there it is. 

They say it's August 15:

JAZdYSa.png

Maybe it's false info, it'd be late...

In the past years they always announced the list in June or late May

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

They say it's August 15:

JAZdYSa.png

Maybe it's false info, it'd be late...

In the past years they always announced the list in June or late May

I read a 9 there...my eyesight is going! Either way, I'm assuming they wouldn't say it if it wasn't at least likely to be true. 

Edited to add: 

Did some actual research. Last year the assignments were released on June 28. But there was a lot of changes between that and the actual events. 

22 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Edited to add: 

Did some actual research. Last year the assignments were released on June 28. But there was a lot of changes between that and the actual events. 

There are always changes after the assignments are out but in the past years the list was released in June (except for 2017/18, it was released earlier, in May). 

Any reason this GP seems to have less traffic?  

I suppose it is missing the global superstar GOAT!

6 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Any reason this GP seems to have less traffic?  

I suppose it is missing the global superstar GOAT!

Pretty much. :xD:

Personally I would've wanted to go--the lineup is really good and it's in Vegas, which, apart from last season's 4CC, is the closest competition from where I live--but the timing kind of makes it impossible, since I'll be in Skate Canada the following week. You just...gotta pick ones you can't not see live and, however much I love Boyang and Wakaba, Zuzu reigns supreme.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to get tickets when the single event tickets go on sale? I'm looking to go but do not want to buy all event tickets. 

I need to book flights but I'm afraid I won't get tickets. It says tickets will go on sale in August. Will flight prices go up much between now and August?

Does anyone here know already where we can watch it online or on tv? As most of you most probably know, Eurosport and the Eurosport Player won't support Figure Skating anymore. ISU promised a MUCH BETTER option for the figure skating fans, but for now they're keeping their mouths shut. So no news yet where to watch it. Bye bye watching the GP's, bye bye watching it afterwards "On Demand". What is ISU doing with the FS fans? 

well, with VPN we at least can watch it in Russian tv. It usually have archives option later.

17 hours ago, airi said:

well, with VPN we at least can watch it in Russian tv. It usually have archives option later.

Would be great, an archive later, as the time difference is 9 hours. Maybe it's an idea to post the link for us all? Things are so uncertain since ISU won't give us an update.

With a Canadian VPN you may be able to watch on cbc.ca. This is where I usually watch the grand prix, since it streams live and also uploads the full videos by discipline about 2 hours later. 

11 minutes ago, amoochoy said:

With a Canadian VPN you may be able to watch on cbc.ca. This is where I usually watch the grand prix, since it streams live and also uploads the full videos by discipline about 2 hours later. 

CBC will not be broadcasting skating this season.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:55 PM, mrsaybia said:

Does anyone here know already where we can watch it online or on tv? As most of you most probably know, Eurosport and the Eurosport Player won't support Figure Skating anymore. ISU promised a MUCH BETTER option for the figure skating fans, but for now they're keeping their mouths shut. 

Problem solved. 

ISU will be streaming everything (GPs, Euros, 4CC, Worlds) on youtube, geoblocking on what I guess is a per-event-basis, based on broadcasting rights. Since Europe (except possibly those couple of nordic countries) apaprently don't have any broadcasting rights... we should be good to watch youtube without any VPNing and stuff. 

In theory, anyway. 

edit: it's bad form not to give a source. https://isu.org/isu-news/news/145-news/12726-isu-events-live-on-youtube?templateParam=15