katonice

2019 Internationaux De France - Tickets and Discussion!

I have 2 x IdF tickets all sessions Sector  L and I near Kiss n Cry (Category 1 tickets, no seating assigned) bought for 100 euros each , now reduced by 25% - please PM if interested.

Has anyone from Germany ever been to Grenoble? 
I looked up flights / train ticktes and ... it's ridiculous. The Price and the time for going to France! Over 20 h no matter where I look because connections are horrible.

Anyone any tipps for me? 
I know sometimes the automatic search doesn't show the best possible connections. Maybe I'm overlooking something. 

1 hour ago, Tindomerel said:

Has anyone from Germany ever been to Grenoble? 
I looked up flights / train ticktes and ... it's ridiculous. The Price and the time for going to France! Over 20 h no matter where I look because connections are horrible.

Anyone any tipps for me? 
I know sometimes the automatic search doesn't show the best possible connections. Maybe I'm overlooking something. 

Hi! I will be travelling from Poland, but it maybe will be similar for you. So my trip looks like that - I fly to Switzerland Geneva and then train or bus to Grenoble. the train/bus is around 2,5h

Does anyone know the schedule? Will all of the short programs be on Friday, free skate on Friday and just the gala on Sunday? 

18 minutes ago, irisw said:

Does anyone know the schedule? Will all of the short programs be on Friday, free skate on Friday and just the gala on Sunday? 

free skate on Saturday*

What's the difference between an afternoon and evening ticket on the Saturday? Are there open practices in the afternoon and competition in the evening? Which one should you get if you want to watch the competition? Do you need both?

All shorts are on Friday

Men Free and Free Dance are on Saturday Afternoon.

Ladies Free and Pairs Free are on Saturday Evening.

Gala on Sunday

We don't have any official information about practices, but for the last two years, it was open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. You could buy practices tickets directly at the rink (5 euro per day).

1 hour ago, irisw said:

1 hour ago, irisw said:

free skate on Saturday*

What's the difference between an afternoon and evening ticket on the Saturday? Are there open practices in the afternoon and competition in the evening? Which one should you get if you want to watch the competition? Do you need both?

hi @irisw welcome here! :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: and " bienvenue en France! " if you go to IDF GP! 

French federation nor ISU still didn't published the detailled schedule for visitors  but on ISU website :

https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/events/figure-skating-calendar/eventdetail/12111/-/isu-grand-prix-of-figure-skating-internationaux-de-france?templateParam=11

you can find it here :

detailled shedule/teams announcement ISU /page P.11

https://www.isu.org/docman-documents-links/isu-files/event-documents/figure-skating-4/2019-20/grand-prix/announcements-89/21772-gp-internationaux-de-france-2019-announcement/file

I didn't go to IDF GP yet, but if french translation needed, just ask us here !

Is it worth the extra money to purchase gold tickets?  Is there a big difference in how well you can see the performers?  Do gold tickets normally sell out early?

No, gold tickets are not worth it. A lot of gold seats have an obstructed view (because of the hockey glass). FFSG knows about it. The first year they were like "oh we did not know", but they kept doing it the years after that. So annoying.

You will have a better view and save some money with the category 1 tickets!

Tickets are not selling super fast (no Yuzuru + no airport in Grenoble + websites only in French to buy tickets).

12 minutes ago, solene said:

No, gold tickets are not worth it. A lot of gold seats have an obstructed view (because of the hockey glass). FFSG knows about it. The first year they were like "oh we did not know", but they kept doing it the years after that. So annoying.

You will have a better view and save some money with the category 1 tickets!

Tickets are not selling super fast (no Yuzuru + no airport in Grenoble + websites only in French to buy tickets).

Okay, thanks for your feedback.  

11 hours ago, CDR said:

Okay, thanks for your feedback.  

I will be attending, but now perhaps I will just buy a regular ticket instead of gold.  Another question:  Do the skaters sign autographs or take pictures with the fans?  Maybe before or after a practice session?  

13 hours ago, CDR said:

I will be attending, but now perhaps I will just buy a regular ticket instead of gold.  Another question:  Do the skaters sign autographs or take pictures with the fans?  Maybe before or after a practice session?  

I don't know if there is an official opportunity to meet skaters, but I was in Grenoble last year and if you get seats in sector I or L (M and H too), after medal ceremonies the skaters stay a bit with fans signing autographs or taking photos. Last year the girls remained quite a lot because they were the lasts to have the ceremony, but I don't know if this year the schedule will be the same. Anyway, boys were also greeting fans before leaving the rink, and I remember some fans being able to give gifts to Nathan for example.

You can be able to interact with some skaters after the practice too because seats in the first row are very near the ice. Personally I saw it's easier to approach coaches because skaters are so focused. For example, after a practice I managed to give a drawing to Tracy for Zhenya.:7938863: And I saw Stéphane Lambiel signing autographs too.

VENDRE J'ai acheté des billets pour toutes les sessions des secteurs L, H et T (billets de catégorie 1 ), achetés au prix de 100 euros, ils ont été réduits de 20%.

Wow, I spent *way* too much time yesterday trying to figure out my travel plans to get to/from Grenoble. I so wanted to go by train, but in the end I gave up and went for good ol' airplanes. Sorry to the environment, but the railway companies are making it so difficult and expensive, it's cheaper, faster and, on paper, easier to take the airplane. :headdesk: