It's that time of the year - coaching changes 2019/2020

1 minute ago, Veveco said:

My thoughts exactly. I still can't wrap my head around it, but I guess it's hard to deny it now :/

Yeah, I guess it's time for us to get used to the idea! If something really doesn't work out at all, he can go back to Nagoya, I guess, but I don't really see other options working out with this announcement. :/ Pray for Shoma's ankle and his pizza. 

4 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

over a month is a lot of time for testing things out in one camp when you are supposed to try other camps too and then make a choice and then move to the place you've chosen and then prepare to leave again to get choreo by mid-August...or has he already tried the other camps?

btw this IMO suggests Eteri is by far the option n°1

(again, I'm mostly sad that the chances for fancams are getting slimmer by the minute...):tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

He could stay until mid-July and would have one month until mid-August to go to other camps. But after reading this statement I think there's a good chance he could stay in Sambo after he's done with his choreographies and shows in the end of August/beginning of September.

10 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

That's practically a confirmation, there isn't time to shop around much after that. It's Eteri or bust now...

9 minutes ago, Yume said:

Over a month....It will leave just a few weeks (2 or 3) to try other clubs before getting his choreos.

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Yume said:

Glad that he doesn't have a twitter or insta account.

For sure.

I'm sure hoping his injuries heal.

2 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Yes.

For sure.

I'm sure hoping his injuries heal.

I think he won't push himself during a summer camp if his injuries hasn't healed completely. And since is an adult man, Eteri can't terrorize him and force him to do 10 straight quads if he doesn't want to, right?:biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Yume said:

And since is an adult man, Eteri can't terrorize him and force him to do 10 straight quads if he doesn't want to, right?:biggrin: 

:rofl: I just mean that he might be acquiring new quads and be working on his technique, which could hurt him more. Eteri isn't the best at dealing with men's injuries, but yes, I doubt it will be worse due to summer camp on its own.

ETA: what more do I have to do to get a fully-rotated 4A?

The RusFed has put out a statement Shoma is starting his camp next week and is staying over a month. If the parties come to an egreement, he’s likely to stay on. 

Just now, ralucutzagy said:

He's in Yuna Kim's show rn.

That's done, and there was FaOI weeks before this. I actually "like" an idea I saw elsewhere (Twitter?) that if he went to Tom Z, he'd be able to spend time in Japan with Hamada. But it's probably Eteri.

14 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

:rofl: I just mean that he might be acquiring new quads and be working on his technique, which could hurt him more. Eteri isn't the best at dealing with men's injuries, but yes, I doubt it will be worse due to summer camp on its own.

Imo, the technique won't change that much. His jumps rely more on rotation (and pre-rotation) than height. Not that different of what Dudakov teaches. 

And about quads, i doubt we will see 4lz. Eteri doesn't like to risk to lose points. That' why i think Medvedeva never put two 3lzes in her FS while she was rarely getting a call anyway and the jump was consistent. Neither Kostornaya (unclear edge) while the execution is sublime.

Eteri prefer for some skaters (mostly those who can get high pcs) to go with "easier" elements/layouts that can bring cosmic GOEs.

I rather bet on 4A:biggrin:.

Shoma still has 2 ice shows, The ice (27/7-4/8) and Friends on ice (30/8-1/9), so i guess he will stay at Eteri's camp until the ice, get choreo in mid Aug and debut at FOI. Maybe he's already tried out other camps.

11 minutes ago, Yume said:

Eteri prefer for some skaters (mostly those who can get high pcs) to go with "easier" elements/layouts that can bring cosmic GOEs. 

And all the mimes! Bring on the mimes.

Just now, Katt said:

Shoma still has 2 ice shows, The ice (27/7-4/8) and Friends on ice (30/8-1/9), so i guess he will stay at Eteri's camp until the ice, get choreo in mid Aug and debut at FOI. Maybe he's already tried out other camps. 

Oh? Wonder what he'll be presenting at The Ice then.